Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very poor half! 15:49 - Sep 28 with 1582 viewsRegencyBlue

Not sure what Lambert had in mind but it’s not working !
Very poor half! on 15:53 - Sep 28 with 1486 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

4-4-2 second half. We’ve created next to nothing this half.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Very poor half! on 15:54 - Sep 28 with 1476 viewsStokieBlue

Not a great half at all but the ref hasn't helped. Doesn't seem in control and the Tranmere keeper has been time wasting ridiculously since the 15th minute!

A few things:

Skuse - in midfield now but looks great at the back - only one who can pass a ball.

Chambers - needs to be careful, was at fault for the goal although there were chances to clear after that. Distribution is still awful unfortunately.

Nolan - not in the game at all, passing has been woeful - might be worth giving Huws or Dozzell a half.

Judge - not really sure what is up with him, just doesn't seem to be working.

Norwood - very scrappy.

I still think we can and will win the game - just need to get hold of the ball more and control the game - we will see.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Very poor half! on 15:54 - Sep 28 with 1473 viewsActionMan

It's pretty standard 3rd division football to be fair. Chambers again with a monumental cock up leading to their goal. Front two have been poor again, although the midfield again is lacking creativity going forward.
Very poor half! on 15:57 - Sep 28 with 1390 viewsIllinoisblue

Very poor half! on 15:54 - Sep 28 by ActionMan

It's pretty standard 3rd division football to be fair. Chambers again with a monumental cock up leading to their goal. Front two have been poor again, although the midfield again is lacking creativity going forward.

midfield is getting overrun and outfought. Very poor 45. Almost as bad as the first half v Wimbledon.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Very poor half! on 15:59 - Sep 28 with 1350 viewsCoco

Very poor half! on 15:54 - Sep 28 by ActionMan

The front two are real league two footballers in all honesty. Need Keane fit.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Very poor half! on 16:01 - Sep 28 with 1328 viewsHerbivore

We have no system or way of playing.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Very poor half! on 16:01 - Sep 28 with 1312 viewsActionMan

Very poor half! on 15:57 - Sep 28 by Illinoisblue

midfield is getting overrun and outfought. Very poor 45. Almost as bad as the first half v Wimbledon.

Almost as bad but I could see the front two scoring in that game. Tranmere have them scouted thus far, we're just not that good, Doncaster showed the league that all you have to do to get points here is be strong and organised and shut our width out.
Very poor half! on 16:03 - Sep 28 with 1284 viewsBlueySwede

Yep. Not good enough.
"There's a slight arrogance... and too right, we're a massive club and shouldn't be in League One"..i get that feeling from that first half. We are not switched on and we need to be! No teams will just rollover and surrender against us.
A couple of changes at half time?
Login to get fewer ads

Very poor half! on 16:03 - Sep 28 with 1280 viewsSamWhiteUK

Very poor half! on 15:59 - Sep 28 by Coco

The front two are real league two footballers in all honesty. Need Keane fit.

Norwood is the joint 3rd top scorer in the league so far - not sure if it's fair to write him off as a L2 player. Jackson is not far behind him either.
Very poor half! on 16:37 - Sep 28 with 1129 viewsCoco

Very poor half! on 16:03 - Sep 28 by SamWhiteUK

Norwood is the joint 3rd top scorer in the league so far - not sure if it's fair to write him off as a L2 player. Jackson is not far behind him either.

If we utilise Jacksons pace as we have second half then he is an asset. Not convinced at all by Norwood yet. Maybe still trying too hard but he doesn’t seem to have much about him.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Very poor half! on 16:41 - Sep 28 with 1093 viewsHerbivore

Very poor half! on 16:37 - Sep 28 by Coco

If we utilise Jacksons pace as we have second half then he is an asset. Not convinced at all by Norwood yet. Maybe still trying too hard but he doesn’t seem to have much about him.

Jackson looks the one to pair a fit Keane for me.

Very poor half! on 16:44 - Sep 28 with 1061 viewsCoco

Very poor half! on 16:41 - Sep 28 by Herbivore

I think you’re correct however not sure we will ever see a ‘fit Keane’

Very poor half! on 16:59 - Sep 28 with 972 viewsStokieBlue

Very poor half! on 16:41 - Sep 28 by Herbivore

Jackson was far better today. A real menace in the second half. Deserved another goal really and should have had one as Norwood should have squared it when they were both clean through.

SB

Very poor half! on 17:02 - Sep 28 with 938 viewsHerbivore

Very poor half! on 16:59 - Sep 28 by StokieBlue

Jackson was far better today. A real menace in the second half. Deserved another goal really and should have had one as Norwood should have squared it when they were both clean through.

SB

For me Jackson has been better most of the season. He loos really sharp.

Very poor half! on 17:07 - Sep 28 with 896 viewsMullet

Very poor half! on 17:02 - Sep 28 by Herbivore

Hopefully he is going to be the coaching success story of this season, alongside maybe Holy. It's never nice to suggest a player has "found his level" but he certainly wasn't a Championship player last season, and won't get the space and time he has enjoyed this season.

I think as with Judge, Norwood, KVY etc. the view of the players and the context of the team as a whole don't always add up.

What I like about Jackson is that we see he never gives up. He's not asked to hold the ball up this season either which is crucial.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Very poor half! on 17:12 - Sep 28 with 862 viewsStokieBlue

Agreed.

I made the point last season he wasn't used properly but in a two this season he's looked miles better. Of course the opposition is worse but I don't think that's all of it - it definitely helps playing him to his strengths.

Let's hope it continues - he could bag 20 goals this year if we do well and he maintains this form.

SB

Very poor half! on 17:49 - Sep 28 with 777 viewsJDB23

Yep. I think Norwood is dangerously close to losing his place to Keane, although not sure that is a decision Lambert would want to make.

For someone who was billed as a pain in the arse and a nuisance for defenders, he seems to lose pretty much every battle he gets into. Another big chance for him to score again today and he fluffed it.
Very poor half! on 18:12 - Sep 28 with 717 viewsAlexwaddell

Very poor half! on 17:49 - Sep 28 by JDB23

Yep. I think Norwood is dangerously close to losing his place to Keane, although not sure that is a decision Lambert would want to make.

For someone who was billed as a pain in the arse and a nuisance for defenders, he seems to lose pretty much every battle he gets into. Another big chance for him to score again today and he fluffed it.

To be fair to Norwood and Jackson the problem is high balls played forward suit neither of them...it would only suit Daryl Murphy type player

Poll: What was today?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024