Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Judge 15:52 - Sep 28 with 4983 viewsnoggin

Runs around, but what does he bring to the team?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Judge on 15:56 - Sep 28 with 3527 viewsIllinoisblue

incredibly overrated. Yet according to some on here he's some kind of Pirlo.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Judge on 16:05 - Sep 28 with 3470 viewsBlueySwede

While I agree somewhat, not fair singling him in this performance. Our midfield have been awful.
Judge on 16:07 - Sep 28 with 3461 viewspatrickswell

Judge on 15:56 - Sep 28 by Illinoisblue

Tempting fate obviously with another half of football to go, but his shot against the post at the end of a good move last week seems to sum up his time here so far: elegant failure.
Judge on 16:15 - Sep 28 with 3419 viewsnoggin

Judge on 16:05 - Sep 28 by BlueySwede

While I agree somewhat, not fair singling him in this performance. Our midfield have been awful.

It’s not just this game though, is it?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Judge on 16:23 - Sep 28 with 3369 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Judge on 16:07 - Sep 28 by patrickswell

Tempting fate obviously with another half of football to go, but his shot against the post at the end of a good move last week seems to sum up his time here so far: elegant failure.

“Elegant failure” seems a little harsh, but probably fair

It still amazes me that an attacking midfielder with his ability is yet to register a goal for us.. and he’s played plenty of football in this side so his contributions probably need to be questioned as if he’s not providing many or scoring any then he’s not as great as we all hope he is
Judge (n/t) on 16:25 - Sep 28 with 3354 viewsOsborneOneNil

[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 16:26]
Judge on 20:13 - Sep 28 with 3130 viewsKeaneish

Best player at the club. Thought his movement off the ball and intelligent runs were very good today. Some quality balls in the box and don’t recall him squandering possession. Unfortunate not to score.

It’s still not quite happening for him at the moment. Think he needs to find the back of the net and soon.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Judge’s second half was massively improved... on 20:31 - Sep 28 with 3088 viewsunstableblue

.... as was Nolan’s, as was KVY’s, and also when Downes started to grab hold of the midfield

Yes Judge is short on confidence in taking on the man.... but he is good in close play and encouraged us to play on the floor, which is all we want

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Login to get fewer ads

Judge on 20:37 - Sep 28 with 3066 viewsBluearmy71

Well he received a great ovation from us when he was subbed today so he must have done a lot of things right in a lot of peoples eyes today, right??
Judge on 20:41 - Sep 28 with 3055 viewsDyland

Judge on 20:37 - Sep 28 by Bluearmy71

Well he received a great ovation from us when he was subbed today so he must have done a lot of things right in a lot of peoples eyes today, right??

I enthusiastically clapped him because groaning at the bloke isn't going to help. Doesn't alter the fact he's not offering quite what we all hoped he would. Today and in other games. He'd probably agree. Whether it's partly down to systems and/or as his mind on personal stuff, or just a dip in form, who knows? It doesn't worry me too much cos we have very good options in midfield.

I think he'll find his mojo again.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Judge on 02:51 - Sep 29 with 2867 viewsMrTown

Don’t see the negativity around his performances, don’t think he is doing badly at all, did well at Gillingham as well.

People like jumping on bandwagons though, a little bandwagon is already starting to get going with Norwood, equally as stupid.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Judge on 07:09 - Sep 29 with 2740 viewsHerbivore

Judge on 20:13 - Sep 28 by Keaneish

Best player at the club. Thought his movement off the ball and intelligent runs were very good today. Some quality balls in the box and don’t recall him squandering possession. Unfortunate not to score.

It’s still not quite happening for him at the moment. Think he needs to find the back of the net and soon.

Best player at the club? What are you basing that on? He's played 30 games for us now all in an attacking role and he has zero goals and two assists. Sadly his legs have gone and for much of this season his touch and passing range have been off too. He's not offering anywhere near enough. To claim he's our best player is laughable.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2019 7:16]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Judge on 08:44 - Sep 29 with 2638 viewsMullet

Judge on 20:41 - Sep 28 by Dyland

I enthusiastically clapped him because groaning at the bloke isn't going to help. Doesn't alter the fact he's not offering quite what we all hoped he would. Today and in other games. He'd probably agree. Whether it's partly down to systems and/or as his mind on personal stuff, or just a dip in form, who knows? It doesn't worry me too much cos we have very good options in midfield.

I think he'll find his mojo again.

Quite. Not all fans barrack and tantrum at everything do they?

There's certainly an argument that those who arrogantly boasted Judge would win us the league single-handedly still need to backpedal another hundred yards, but his deficiencies and fact he isn't the player they saw 5 years ago doesn't matter right now.

It's undeniable he's been here for months, had tens of games and done little more than Kevin Bru, but when we play badly and results don't come it will be him we look to. His assist for Norwood the other week was a great set piece, but with Garbutt about even that area isn't his any more alone.

As with Norwood this division will be lots more forgiving than when we go up. But by then we might have moved on, they might have caught up and be able to contribute in the Championship next season.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Judge on 09:18 - Sep 29 with 2552 viewsWickets

Yes i agree ,also strange when things are not quite going for you no one seems to notice the good things that you do . In the EADT on line assesment on Judge they highlight two things that did not quite work out well but no mention of the quality through ball to Jackson that created Nolans goal, same in Phil's report on this forum ! Sorry Phil but for me you have failed to report the most quality bit of play in this otherwise quite scrappy goal !
Judge on 09:22 - Sep 29 with 2535 viewsEly_Blue

I assume that you missed his passing and the pass that set up Jackson for the 1 on 1 that lead to Nolan’s goal? If that had been Dozzell you would have been wetting your pants over it

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Judge on 09:27 - Sep 29 with 2521 viewsDyland

Judge on 09:22 - Sep 29 by Ely_Blue

I assume that you missed his passing and the pass that set up Jackson for the 1 on 1 that lead to Nolan’s goal? If that had been Dozzell you would have been wetting your pants over it

To be fair to Noggers his original OP was at half time ;)

Judge had a perfectly good second half, without being the messiah some have expected. First half everyone looked ponderous. Sh1te system, Lambert's responsibility. Fair play he changed it.

I suppose fans call out AJ because they expect more from him than they do from e.g. Nolan and Downes, who were equally ineffectual in the first half. Same applies to Dozzers in some regards.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Judge on 09:33 - Sep 29 with 2495 viewsmonty_radio

Judge on 09:27 - Sep 29 by Dyland

Judge had a perfectly good second half, without being the messiah some have expected. First half everyone looked ponderous. Sh1te system, Lambert's responsibility. Fair play he changed it.

I suppose fans call out AJ because they expect more from him than they do from e.g. Nolan and Downes, who were equally ineffectual in the first half. Same applies to Dozzers in some regards.

O.P. would not have got away with posting as he did last season, but I don't see what's changed, except that you're now allowed to assess his actual contribution, not his promise.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Judge on 09:45 - Sep 29 with 2463 viewsHerbivore

Judge on 09:27 - Sep 29 by Dyland

Although Nolan and Downes have both contributed directly to goals via scoring or assisting on more occasions than Judge has since he signed and I suspect both have made fewer appearances. KVY and Garbutt have been contributed more goals despite only playing 4 or 5 games each and being essentially wing backs.

This is the thing with Judge, a section of our fan base have been saying he'll tear up League 1 and that he's our best player and we're lucky to have him. Some of us have been given pelters for questioning that perception. In glimpses he looks decent and shows the odd moment of quality. However, a couple of assists and no goals from around 30 appearances isn't close to good enough for an attacking player. If his name wasn't Alan Judge I suspect the fans making excuses for him and claiming he's our best player against all evidence would view him quite differently.

Judge on 10:15 - Sep 29 with 2400 viewsHerbivore

Wickets is Mrs Judge I believe.

Judge on 10:22 - Sep 29 with 2395 viewsitfcjoe

Judge on 09:45 - Sep 29 by Herbivore

Although Nolan and Downes have both contributed directly to goals via scoring or assisting on more occasions than Judge has since he signed and I suspect both have made fewer appearances. KVY and Garbutt have been contributed more goals despite only playing 4 or 5 games each and being essentially wing backs.

This is the thing with Judge, a section of our fan base have been saying he'll tear up League 1 and that he's our best player and we're lucky to have him. Some of us have been given pelters for questioning that perception. In glimpses he looks decent and shows the odd moment of quality. However, a couple of assists and no goals from around 30 appearances isn't close to good enough for an attacking player. If his name wasn't Alan Judge I suspect the fans making excuses for him and claiming he's our best player against all evidence would view him quite differently.

2 assists in the equivalent of just under 6 games this season whilst clearly not hitting his straps - it's not that bad

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Judge on 10:27 - Sep 29 with 2369 viewsHerbivore

Judge on 10:22 - Sep 29 by itfcjoe

2 assists in the equivalent of just under 6 games this season whilst clearly not hitting his straps - it's not that bad

I forgot his corner against AFC actually, so to be fair to him I think that's three assists and no goals in 30 games since joining us. Still hardly the contribution of our best player, which is what I take issue with. He's been average at best and for me is someone who should probably be part of our rotation rather than a guaranteed starter.

Judge on 10:33 - Sep 29 with 2359 viewsitfcjoe

Judge on 10:27 - Sep 29 by Herbivore

I forgot his corner against AFC actually, so to be fair to him I think that's three assists and no goals in 30 games since joining us. Still hardly the contribution of our best player, which is what I take issue with. He's been average at best and for me is someone who should probably be part of our rotation rather than a guaranteed starter.

I think the team is fairly obviously heading in the direction of a diamond now, and think he is going to be the best player at the tip of it - his second half performance yesterday was good and was important in allowing us to keep the relentless pressure on. The ball through to Jackson was worthy of an assist and be interested to see his 'big chances created' number as that may be more telling with our strike force over his time here.

Think we'll eventually end up 433 or 4231 but not sure when, maybe when Sears returns

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Judge on 10:37 - Sep 29 with 2332 viewsHerbivore

Judge on 10:33 - Sep 29 by itfcjoe

I think the team is fairly obviously heading in the direction of a diamond now, and think he is going to be the best player at the tip of it - his second half performance yesterday was good and was important in allowing us to keep the relentless pressure on. The ball through to Jackson was worthy of an assist and be interested to see his 'big chances created' number as that may be more telling with our strike force over his time here.

Think we'll eventually end up 433 or 4231 but not sure when, maybe when Sears returns

For now that attacking role in the diamond is probably his as he's the only one really suited to that role. Huws and Nolan are more box to box, although I think Nolan could play that role and for me he's done more to earn a starting place than Judge over the past 9 months.

If we do go 4-3-3 I don't see a role for him. I wouldn't be against a 4-3-3 when Sears is back as he and Jackson could play as genuine wide forwards. I don't think he can be carried in a midfield three, it'd likely be Skuse and Downes with Nolan, Huws and Dozzer rotating.

Judge on 11:58 - Sep 29 with 2247 viewsMrTown

He’s certainly in the top 3 in my opinion.

His movement in the 10 is brilliant, he lives that free role to just pop as and where he please, and his technical ability is still fantastic.

I don’t see the b*tching and moaning to be honest.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Judge on 12:01 - Sep 29 with 2237 viewsKeaneish

Judge on 10:22 - Sep 29 by itfcjoe

It was his spilled save that lead to Downes disallowed goal. His block shot and chase that lead to the handball for Garbut’s goal. Another charged down shot that bounced out for Downes to balloon over as well as his ball to release Jackson for Nolan’s goal. In short, he was instrumental in a lot of the key moments in the game yesterday. Fine margins.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024