Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top after 10 games 19:53 - Sep 28 with 1953 viewsvilanovablue

The bookies have us odds on to go up. GD 4 better than anyone else in the division. Winning when not playing brilliantly. 100 point season anyone? Might as well be happy as everything else is pants.

Much Saturday love to my fellow Blues, peace out.
Top after 10 games on 19:55 - Sep 28 with 1924 viewshomer_123

Still in 3rd gear and we are top.

Madness.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Top after 10 games on 19:55 - Sep 28 with 1918 viewsBlueBadger

And you all MOCKED when I kept saying '100 points and 100 goals'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Top after 10 games on 19:56 - Sep 28 with 1918 viewsBlueBadger

Top after 10 games on 19:55 - Sep 28 by homer_123

Madness.

Given how dreadful we were last season, I can only conclude that division 3 must be truly, truly rubbish.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Top after 10 games on 20:03 - Sep 28 with 1850 viewsbilllm

Top after 10 games on 19:55 - Sep 28 by homer_123

Madness.

Not a moan as I said all along we would go straight back up, but maybe third gear is all we've got, we can't play for the full 90 minutes
Top after 10 games on 20:06 - Sep 28 with 1826 viewsJohnny_Boy

Top after 10 games on 19:56 - Sep 28 by BlueBadger

Given how dreadful we were last season, I can only conclude that division 3 must be truly, truly rubbish.

Seriously though, when was the last time you saw Town play?
Top after 10 games on 20:15 - Sep 28 with 1780 viewswkj

Top after 10 games on 20:06 - Sep 28 by Johnny_Boy

Today, we drove to PR together and had a lovely toad in the hole at Saxtead Mill before heading to see the town.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Top after 10 games on 20:37 - Sep 28 with 1691 viewsKropotkin123

Not including league position weighting...

(24/10)*((23-1)*2) = 105.6 projected points

Not sure who will give us 0.6 points...

(20/10)*((23-1)*2) 88 projected goals for

(5/10)*((23-1)*2) 22 projected goals against

Impressive considering we are missing one team

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Top after 10 games on 23:45 - Sep 28 with 1515 viewsPinewoodblue

Top after 10 games on 20:37 - Sep 28 by Kropotkin123

Not including league position weighting...

(24/10)*((23-1)*2) = 105.6 projected points

Not sure who will give us 0.6 points...

(20/10)*((23-1)*2) 88 projected goals for

(5/10)*((23-1)*2) 22 projected goals against

Impressive considering we are missing one team

Liverpool are averaging 3pts a game having won all league games so far.
Ipswich are next at 2.4pts better than the other 89 clubs in the top four divisions.

no wonder we are currently odds on to be promoted.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Top after 10 games on 00:12 - Sep 29 with 1470 viewsvilanovablue

Top after 10 games on 23:45 - Sep 28 by Pinewoodblue

Liverpool are averaging 3pts a game having won all league games so far.
Ipswich are next at 2.4pts better than the other 89 clubs in the top four divisions.

no wonder we are currently odds on to be promoted.

As I said all good 😂😂😂
Top after 10 games on 07:56 - Sep 29 with 1247 viewsHerbivore

It's been an excellent start in terms of results. We still aren't actually playing that well, not for whole games anyway. Second half yesterday we were very good and could easily have had another couple of goals in a half where we bagged three. When we dominate possession and play with tempo like we did in that half nobody in this league can live with us. We should have way too much for this division really, as I've said more or less since we got relegated. If we click for 90 minutes we'll give someone an absolute pasting at some point, but I do wish Lambert would tinker a bit less. We were so much better when Skuse moved into midfield yesterday, so just play him in midfield.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Top after 10 games on 08:29 - Sep 29 with 1175 viewsKropotkin123

Top after 10 games on 07:56 - Sep 29 by Herbivore

It's been an excellent start in terms of results. We still aren't actually playing that well, not for whole games anyway. Second half yesterday we were very good and could easily have had another couple of goals in a half where we bagged three. When we dominate possession and play with tempo like we did in that half nobody in this league can live with us. We should have way too much for this division really, as I've said more or less since we got relegated. If we click for 90 minutes we'll give someone an absolute pasting at some point, but I do wish Lambert would tinker a bit less. We were so much better when Skuse moved into midfield yesterday, so just play him in midfield.

This is the league to experiment in and find out the limits of players capabilities. It is clear we are making progress under Lambert.

I think we are playing well. It is in patches, but the intent is there and it is better than anything over the past 4 years at least.

Skuse is so much better this season, as he has the freedom to play it forward. Really showing quality beyond his game reading, interceptions and tackling. He's always had good passing ability, but there is more intent and purpose to it now.

We have two strikers scoring, so now we are raising the bar For example, what about the ratio of shots to goals.

We choose to forget that we are a team that has barely played together. 1 goal conceded from the last 6 games. But only the chambers was in the side last season (including the keeper). Their understanding will get better.

Going forward we have new strike partnerships, with one of the lads stepping up a league. Jackson is looking really sharp. They need time on the train ground and more minutes on the pitch to show their true potential.

Our midfield, whilst not new, has younger players breaking through and other who have barely featured through injury. Time again is needed. Time to implement new ideas, formations and tactics.

People should be happy this season if we go up automatically and we learn and improve, which we are. The football is good in patches. That is exciting, as we know we can improve, despite our position.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Top after 10 games on 09:35 - Sep 29 with 1070 viewsBlueBadger

Top after 10 games on 20:06 - Sep 28 by Johnny_Boy

I always know I've made a good point when someone digs this one out.

Top after 10 games on 09:49 - Sep 29 with 1030 viewsDarth_Koont

Sort out the embarrassment of riches in midfield and we'll be flying even higher. It's a luxury to have so many individuals who can pop up with a goal or a good block but would be nice to really play as a unit too.

Not least because we might need to raise our game and really earn wins at some stage in the season, especially against our rivals for an automatic promotion place.

But needless to say Lambert and the team have put us in a great position so they deserve credit. Sorting out the midfield (formation and fluency) would be us capitalizing on that start.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024