Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fleetwood will be very interesting now 20:42 - Sep 28 with 1742 viewsSomethingBlue

I think they, Posh, Sunderland and Donny look like the four nearest teams to us; I also think there's a reasonable chance they will beat us and it wouldn't be that big a deal due to the credit we've built up in these 10 games. But if we do manage to see them off it would suggest to me that we can really push on and dominate the division. Very long way to go, yes, but it's a real chance to make a statement and show that we might not get drawn into a scuffle for the top four or five spots.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Fleetwood will be very interesting now on 20:45 - Sep 28 with 1695 viewsitfcjoe

Would take a point now, going to be a very tough game up there - biggest test of the season so far

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Fleetwood will be very interesting now on 20:46 - Sep 28 with 1677 viewswkj

In this weird insane paralelle reality we find ourselves stuck in, Barton seems to be doing well as a manager, and part of that is he gets his team playing a consistent style for 90 minutes rather than sitting back, we need to get off the mark quickly next game to avoid our first banana skin, I don't think we can afford to have an iffy half.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Fleetwood will be very interesting now on 20:49 - Sep 28 with 1650 viewsSomethingBlue

Fleetwood will be very interesting now on 20:45 - Sep 28 by itfcjoe

Would take a point now, going to be a very tough game up there - biggest test of the season so far

Yep — a point would be excellent. But it's fairly nice that at this point there'd be no need to be overly concerned if we lost.

Fleetwood will be very interesting now on 20:51 - Sep 28 with 1620 viewstextbackup

lets not even for a moment begin to say its "ok if we were to lose" under no circumstances is it ok for that. we've had years of being a "ah its only Ipswich" club, I would hope not a single player shares that attitude.

its fcking Fleetwood. the absolute min we should be aiming for is to come away with unbeaten run still in tack.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Fleetwood will be very interesting now on 20:54 - Sep 28 with 1588 viewsSomethingBlue

Fleetwood will be very interesting now on 20:51 - Sep 28 by textbackup

lets not even for a moment begin to say its "ok if we were to lose" under no circumstances is it ok for that. we've had years of being a "ah its only Ipswich" club, I would hope not a single player shares that attitude.

its fcking Fleetwood. the absolute min we should be aiming for is to come away with unbeaten run still in tack.

I take that point! What I mean is we'd still be excellently placed if we did lose. Of course we can beat them and, if we do, it's not totally fanciful to think we could really start pulling away.

Fleetwood will be very interesting now on 20:54 - Sep 28 with 1583 viewsitfcjoe

Fleetwood will be very interesting now on 20:49 - Sep 28 by SomethingBlue

Yep — a point would be excellent. But it's fairly nice that at this point there'd be no need to be overly concerned if we lost.

I don't think anyone in their wildest dreams could have anticipated 24 points after 10 games, it's an unbelievable start - only Liverpool have a higher points per game in the 92.

I'm sure there will still be a meltdown if we lose, but really no need to be - it's almost a freehit

Fleetwood will be very interesting now on 20:56 - Sep 28 with 1549 viewsSomethingBlue

Fleetwood will be very interesting now on 20:54 - Sep 28 by itfcjoe

I don't think anyone in their wildest dreams could have anticipated 24 points after 10 games, it's an unbelievable start - only Liverpool have a higher points per game in the 92.

I'm sure there will still be a meltdown if we lose, but really no need to be - it's almost a freehit

It is a fantastic start. I remain so nervous about this season that I'll be concerned even if we're 11 points clear with four to go but we've given ourselves an excellent chance already.

Fleetwood will be very interesting now on 20:58 - Sep 28 with 1527 viewstextbackup

Fleetwood will be very interesting now on 20:54 - Sep 28 by SomethingBlue

I take that point! What I mean is we'd still be excellently placed if we did lose. Of course we can beat them and, if we do, it's not totally fanciful to think we could really start pulling away.

I do know what you are saying, before the season I posted on here that i'd be happy to be 10 games in with 5 wins, 3 draws 2 loses...... but now I cant even begin to imagine losing a game, this group just seems to have such quality, the bench strong as fook...

Login to get fewer ads

Fleetwood will be very interesting now on 21:00 - Sep 28 with 1514 viewstextbackup

the idea of it being ok if we are to lose doesn't sit well with me, feels like a step back to times I don't even want to think about.

Fleetwood will be very interesting now on 21:01 - Sep 28 with 1511 viewswkj

The only concern I would have about losing to Fleetwood is that we have Wycombe after them in the league. If we win both of those, or even get 4 points, we'll be more in a position to accept a free hit, but losing to Fleetwood could put us under pressure for Wycombe, which we don't need.

Crybaby

Fleetwood will be very interesting now on 21:03 - Sep 28 with 1487 viewsitfcjoe

Fleetwood will be very interesting now on 21:00 - Sep 28 by textbackup

the idea of it being ok if we are to lose doesn't sit well with me, feels like a step back to times I don't even want to think about.

I think it will take the pressure of the players and fans - they will see it as must win to try and show they can compete and we can just stroll there with nothing to lose and play with that freedom

It will be the beginning of October on 21:03 - Sep 28 with 1481 viewsDyland

Fleetwood will be very interesting now on 21:01 - Sep 28 by wkj

The only concern I would have about losing to Fleetwood is that we have Wycombe after them in the league. If we win both of those, or even get 4 points, we'll be more in a position to accept a free hit, but losing to Fleetwood could put us under pressure for Wycombe, which we don't need.

There is no pressure at the moment. All the other teams will hit a dip in form at some point.

I'm with you and Texters though that we go to Fleeters looking to win, and stick one on that tool Barton to boot.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Fleetwood will be very interesting now on 21:04 - Sep 28 with 1472 viewsxrayspecs

I would not rule out Oxford, Coventry or Wycombe at this stage either.

24/10 is way above expectations although as the table settles down we have a lot of the top 10 still to play.

Also think that with exception of Bolton and today, we could have lost quite a few of our games if the opposition had the cutting edge to convert the chances they created. Even Shrewsbury, who we beat 3-0 created a number of chances a decent forward would have scored. We were lucky at Posh, hung on at MK and to a lesser extent Gills, Donny and Burton could have gone either way too.

I believe there is more to come from the team as we settle into a formation - KVY and Garbutt are an upgrade on Donacien and Kenlock - and players come back from injury.

There will though be 34 more scraps to win and a point next week at Fleetwood would be a good result for us. Would prefer 3 but equally recognise that this will be a difficult game for us.
Fleetwood will be very interesting now on 21:06 - Sep 28 with 1446 viewswkj

Fleetwood will be very interesting now on 21:04 - Sep 28 by xrayspecs

I would not rule out Oxford, Coventry or Wycombe at this stage either.

24/10 is way above expectations although as the table settles down we have a lot of the top 10 still to play.

Also think that with exception of Bolton and today, we could have lost quite a few of our games if the opposition had the cutting edge to convert the chances they created. Even Shrewsbury, who we beat 3-0 created a number of chances a decent forward would have scored. We were lucky at Posh, hung on at MK and to a lesser extent Gills, Donny and Burton could have gone either way too.

I believe there is more to come from the team as we settle into a formation - KVY and Garbutt are an upgrade on Donacien and Kenlock - and players come back from injury.

There will though be 34 more scraps to win and a point next week at Fleetwood would be a good result for us. Would prefer 3 but equally recognise that this will be a difficult game for us.

Based on form from the last 5, Oxford would be in the mix at the top. Watched their highlights today, playing some pretty solid football in my opinion.

https://www.skysports.com/football/oxford-utd-vs-gillingham/410025
[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 21:10]

Crybaby

Fleetwood will be very interesting now on 21:13 - Sep 28 with 1371 viewsChurchman

Fleetwood will be very interesting now on 21:01 - Sep 28 by wkj

Turning it around, how do Fleetwood and Wycombe feel about playing us and where will it leave them if they lose? They will be a good challenge, but I think we should let them worry about us.
Fleetwood will be very interesting now on 21:17 - Sep 28 with 1326 viewswkj

Fleetwood will be very interesting now on 21:13 - Sep 28 by Churchman

Turning it around, how do Fleetwood and Wycombe feel about playing us and where will it leave them if they lose? They will be a good challenge, but I think we should let them worry about us.

In football the pressure is nearly always on the front runners. Barton wont let his players fear anyone but him, and Wycombe are on cloud 9 atm having finished 17th last year, both teams are performing better than last season and I bet they feel a lot less pressure than we do as a fanbase.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 21:17]

Crybaby

Fleetwood will be very interesting now on 21:17 - Sep 28 with 1318 viewsxrayspecs

Fleetwood will be very interesting now on 21:13 - Sep 28 by Churchman

I would imagine that they will see themselves as underdogs so a point would be a victory.
Fleetwood will be very interesting now on 21:34 - Sep 28 with 1206 viewsChurchman

Fleetwood will be very interesting now on 21:17 - Sep 28 by wkj

In football the pressure is nearly always on the front runners. Barton wont let his players fear anyone but him, and Wycombe are on cloud 9 atm having finished 17th last year, both teams are performing better than last season and I bet they feel a lot less pressure than we do as a fanbase.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 21:17]

PL seems to be quite good of taking that pressure off the players and the last 3 games results, albeit against weaker opposition, will help. I think both games come at a good time.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 22:07]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024