Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summing up the game and our current position 21:40 - Sep 28 with 836 viewsunstableblue

Yet another game of two halves; MK Dons first half showed us all how we want to play as a club and team. But there remains doubt as to Lamberts squad rotation, and our consistency of play through 90mins.

I think today Tranmere played above themselves in the first half, and were winning the midfield, and challenging the centre backs with running and direct ball. I don’t think they were capable of actually scoring if not for another Chambo howler - funnily the kind of ball Wilson was eating for breakfast. Albeit in a no nonsense style.

The Downes and Skuse approach was not working, Nolan and judge were poor, Nolan was really out of sorts given the chance given. And Garbutt and KVY were not getting forward, and Wilson’s more direct style was meaning he wasn’t distributing well. This left Norwood and Jackson feeding on scraps.

It was frustrating as we’d got a lapsed blue along with our group and he wasn’t convinced whether we were actually leaving the mire of Keane, Jewel, McCarthy and Hurst... but the stunning - and it was stunning - free kick helped sell some elements of the first half. We started the 90mins really well, faded, but then stormed the start of the second 45mins. When we started getting on the floor, often from Downes tenacity regaining ball, with throws from Holy, switching play across defence, triangle interplay from Nolan, judge and Garbutt/KVY and WE ARE PURRING. And the lapsed blue is enlivened!

We often play on the break, in this league, under Lambert. And actually that’s when we are often most fun to watch, Jackson, Norwood and judge marauding, it’s a joy.

Tranmere still had moments in the second; and a more clinical team is going to score 2 or 3 against us. But in KVY we have a super star. And he really finished them off today. What a strike - Marcus please keep KVY for a strong championship campaign, for £25m not £3m.

Further good interplay in the corners thrilled our group from judge, Nolan, and Jackson. Albeit Rowe struggled to get up to the speed of the game. Jackson’s pace is such an asset. Horrible for defenders. Norwood is doing a lot off the ball, and makes lovely touches. I’d like to see him in the goals and with a song (tranmere fans slating our support for him on Twitter). Jackson was trying to pass him in on goal but failing. Albeit some of Jackson’s crosses are sublime.

It’s 3 points, we’re top of the league and the second half will bring the 19k back next time. I still think this is a season of rehabilitation - for fans, club, community, management, coaching and most importantly squad/system. Currently we’d struggle in the championship- but as the squad gets fully back to fitness, the wonderful youth and wunder signings gel further AND, we continue to learn how to play looking forward first, and how to pass/move and dominate midfields.

Long long way to go, and I still think we need to reduce the squad rotation, getting huws and wolf in the team regularly.

But in Lambert we must trust.. and the goal is that by the end of the season we are a club feeling fresh, playing very effective football, and confident for the championship.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 21:50]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Edited so it makes sense!! (n/t) on 21:54 - Sep 28 with 764 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024