Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood then 21:57 - Sep 28 with 3667 viewstextbackup

nobody can be more frustrated than he will be with himself at the moment. hopefully all he needs is one to fly in and he'll be back on track

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Norwood then on 22:53 - Sep 28 with 627 viewsTranmerefan

Norwood then on 22:39 - Sep 28 by Dyland

Payne looked okay. Danns has still got it! You played well as a team, without creating too many clear cut chances though. Think you'll be alright this season if you show the same grit as you have in the last couple of games. The highlights don't tell the whole story, though on the second half performance Town were good for the three points.

Yeah think Payne will get us ten goals this season. Danns only signed the Thursday before last weekend and set up the winner against Burton (for Payne). He's still unfit but I think his experience will be vital. We've got a good manager in Micky Mellon so I expect him to keep us fairly safe (ish) until January when we will have funds (we have secured good investment) to strengthen and see us through. Stay up this season and I think in the next few years we will be hammering at the Play Off door quite loudly. Mad really to think we could potentially be capable of doing that after only stepping out of non league 12 months ago!
Norwood then on 23:38 - Sep 28 with 577 viewswkj

Norwood then on 22:42 - Sep 28 by Tranmerefan

Cheers textbackup.

Yeah Nors had plenty of games like that for us. Didn't score, got p1ssed off with himself and the oxygen around him etc, argued with the ref and the blade of grass by his feet. We still loved him though because it showed he cared. Funny enough his strike partner Andy Cook was the same so you can imagine two of them up top doing it and us watching. Always entertaining. I think Norwood only got sent off the once for us? Lincoln at home last season, two booking, the second for kicking the ball in net after linesman had given him offside, daft one from the ref. He proper pested refs and himself but it showed he cared.

To be honest ive got great comfort we got to play Ipswich away today, as playing Solihull, Welling and Maidstone away is still very fresh in the memory :) Haha.

Goodluck to the guys for the season, apart from the match at PP of course ;)

I have been watching your highlights throughout the season this year, I have no doubt you'll stay in the league and hopefully build. I miss the old days in the championship, Bury, Grimsby, Tranmere, Oxford, although we were strong in those times, all 4 of those teams gave us banana skin games or close fought 1-0'ers

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Norwood then on 23:40 - Sep 28 with 580 viewsGarv

When struggling for a goal, trying to chip the keeper while one on one was annoying to watch. It was like watching Didzy.

He still contributes though, so it's not all bad, might have scored with his header near the end.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Norwood then on 23:45 - Sep 28 with 562 viewsGarv

Norwood then on 22:00 - Sep 28 by itfcjoe

I wonder if when everyone is fit it ends up being Keane and Jackson who are our best front 2

I can't see Keane ever being a regular. Same goes for Huws. They'll both be worth having though, as the latter has already shown.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Norwood then on 07:40 - Sep 29 with 475 viewsHerbivore

Nors is a good player. For all that he's scored a lot of goals in the past few years he doesn't look a natural finisher to me. When he gets one on one with the keeper it's like the keeper has a magnet on him, he seems to often hit it straight at the keeper. I think he over thinks it at times. Jackson looks a much more natural and instinctive finisher to me, as is evidenced by his much better conversion rate this season. Nors always brings something to the team even when not scoring though so I'd absolutely stick with him and if he takes one of those chances he could well go on a run. If Keane can ever get match fit then there might be a question over Nors place in the side but that looks a little way off still.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Norwood then on 07:51 - Sep 29 with 465 viewslazyblue

Norwood brings so much to the team and the goals will come, he is a complete pain to defences with just his strong presence and movement around the pitch and another leader.

He is exactly like Holt was up the road in what he brought to them.

Just amazed we haven't heard a song for him(or Jackson) yet across the ground.
Norwood then on 10:54 - Sep 29 with 385 viewswkj

Norwood then on 07:51 - Sep 29 by lazyblue

Norwood brings so much to the team and the goals will come, he is a complete pain to defences with just his strong presence and movement around the pitch and another leader.

He is exactly like Holt was up the road in what he brought to them.

Just amazed we haven't heard a song for him(or Jackson) yet across the ground.

Have you seen the number of "Songs For" on here lately? Not much chance any of those will every be picked up.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024