Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anything actually happen in speedway 10:39 - Sep 29 with 4549 viewsMaySixth

apart from the person who leads at the first bend always ends up winning the race?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 11:13 - Sep 29 with 3090 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 11:15 - Sep 29 with 3080 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 11:13 - Sep 29 by factual_blue

Horse racing wouldn't exist without gambling and alcohol.

It's not a spectacle.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 11:31 - Sep 29 with 3038 viewsSwansea_Blue

Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 11:15 - Sep 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

It's not a spectacle.

No wonder so many race horses die young. All that fame must go to their heads.

Edit - lot's of wild nights out on the booze and snorting lines of coke. Probably at stag parties every weekend...

Edit 2 - ignore edit 1, I've just done a pun that makes no sense whatsoever. That's the trouble with making stuff up on the hoof.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2019 11:37]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 11:34 - Sep 29 with 3036 viewsSwansea_Blue

F1 has to be the biggie here, Shirley?

'Aaaand we go live to the grid at the Australian Grand Prix for another afternoon of tense racing action...'

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 11:38 - Sep 29 with 3019 viewsjeera

I once watched Kevin Jolly overtake the whole pack around the outside, having come from the back. Very dramatic and I even got his autograph afterwards.

I was 27.

No I was probably 10 or something.

A few years ago Mark Cornish plastered a few rooms in my home. Nice chap, decent plasterer.

Clearly not major cash to be made in their day on the track.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 11:44 - Sep 29 with 2992 viewsChondzoresk

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 11:34 - Sep 29 by Swansea_Blue

'Aaaand we go live to the grid at the Australian Grand Prix for another afternoon of tense racing action...'

I won’t have a bad thing said against F1. Watched it since I was a kid. I love it. But I agree on speedway bit though.
Does anything actually happen in speedway on 11:57 - Sep 29 with 2954 viewswkj

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 11:44 - Sep 29 by Chondzoresk

I won’t have a bad thing said against F1. Watched it since I was a kid. I love it. But I agree on speedway bit though.

I honestly cant see the appeal in F1 now. It has become so technical now I often forget that it is a race and not just a high speed engineering exhibit.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 12:30 - Sep 29 with 2885 viewsfactual_blue

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 11:57 - Sep 29 by wkj

I honestly cant see the appeal in F1 now. It has become so technical now I often forget that it is a race and not just a high speed engineering exhibit.

Racing cars doesn't get any more exciting than this!

Login to get fewer ads

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 12:35 - Sep 29 with 2865 viewswkj

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 12:30 - Sep 29 by factual_blue

Racing cars doesn't get any more exciting than this!

They really don't

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 12:45 - Sep 29 with 2842 viewsbrogansnose

Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 11:31 - Sep 29 by Swansea_Blue

No wonder so many race horses die young. All that fame must go to their heads.

Edit - lot's of wild nights out on the booze and snorting lines of coke. Probably at stag parties every weekend...

Edit 2 - ignore edit 1, I've just done a pun that makes no sense whatsoever. That's the trouble with making stuff up on the hoof.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2019 11:37]

The horses are more into ketamine, its the little people on their backs that do the coke.

On the subject of speedway, people riding bikes with no brakes sliding round corners at 80 + miles an hour and mainly steering with their bodies, yeah, I love it. Some tracks are easier to pass on than others but as with everything, if you're not going to invest the time in getting to grips with it, then do something else with your time and don't come onto forums displaying your ignorance.

Edit; not aimed at you Swanners btw.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2019 12:46]
Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 12:56 - Sep 29 with 2822 viewsPJH

Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 12:45 - Sep 29 by brogansnose

The horses are more into ketamine, its the little people on their backs that do the coke.

On the subject of speedway, people riding bikes with no brakes sliding round corners at 80 + miles an hour and mainly steering with their bodies, yeah, I love it. Some tracks are easier to pass on than others but as with everything, if you're not going to invest the time in getting to grips with it, then do something else with your time and don't come onto forums displaying your ignorance.

I loved speedway in the early to mid 1970's when The Witches were THE team.

I even got three away tracks on my tick list-Wimbledon, Hackney and Kings Lynn.

Also saw speedway at Reading but not the Witches.
Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 12:58 - Sep 29 with 2815 viewssundaze

Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 12:45 - Sep 29 by brogansnose

To be fair to the OP, I don't think he was moaning, just asking a question.
I have followed the Witches for forty years or more, but I have never seen so many 5-1 results as there were over the two play off fixtures. But who cares, the WItches have beaten the reigning champs and are in the Final in their first season back in the Premiership.
The feel good days are definitely back in Ipswich.
Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 13:08 - Sep 29 with 2792 viewsbrogansnose

Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 12:56 - Sep 29 by PJH

I used to go to Mildenhall during that era funny enough PJ. I loved it, although the Fen Tigers were quite often the whipping boys of the National League. I think I've done Ipswich, Rye House, Poole, P'boro, Coventry, Wimbledon, Hackney, Workington and of course Kings Lynn who with all that yellow and green I had down as bloomin' Norwich so I was really anti them and Terry Betts.

Apologies to the OP, I was a bit harsh in my reply as Sundaze kindly pointed out.
Does anything actually happen in speedway on 13:15 - Sep 29 with 2777 viewsFtnfwest

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 11:34 - Sep 29 by Swansea_Blue

Boring as hell normally but I’ve just noticed KVYs in this race!
Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 13:36 - Sep 29 with 2718 viewsfactual_blue

Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 12:56 - Sep 29 by PJH

Glory hunter.

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 13:44 - Sep 29 with 2705 viewsSuperblue95

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 13:15 - Sep 29 by Ftnfwest

Boring as hell normally but I’ve just noticed KVYs in this race!

Hi Bernardo

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 13:44 - Sep 29 with 2705 viewsFtnfwest

My only speedway claim to fame was that I went to see the witches away to White City in i think 1977. Seem to remember they won
[Post edited 29 Sep 2019 13:45]
Does anything actually happen in speedway on 13:52 - Sep 29 with 2686 viewsFtnfwest

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 13:44 - Sep 29 by Superblue95

Hi Bernardo

Eh? He was 12th btw
Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 14:16 - Sep 29 with 2631 viewsPJH

Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 13:36 - Sep 29 by factual_blue

Glory hunter.

When I first went (1972 perhaps) they were not the best but they did become the best over the next few years winning the title in 1975 and 1976, in fact also winning the cup in 1976 as well.
Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 14:23 - Sep 29 with 2607 viewsPJH

Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 13:08 - Sep 29 by brogansnose

I used to go to Mildenhall during that era funny enough PJ. I loved it, although the Fen Tigers were quite often the whipping boys of the National League. I think I've done Ipswich, Rye House, Poole, P'boro, Coventry, Wimbledon, Hackney, Workington and of course Kings Lynn who with all that yellow and green I had down as bloomin' Norwich so I was really anti them and Terry Betts.

Apologies to the OP, I was a bit harsh in my reply as Sundaze kindly pointed out.

The only time I went to Kings Lynn was for the first leg of the 1976 Knock Out Cup Final.

It was always nice to beat something in those colours.
Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 14:46 - Sep 29 with 2557 viewslondontractorboy57

Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 11:15 - Sep 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

It's not a spectacle.

Only if you dont appreciate the race horse as an equine athlete its not just about gambling and certainly not drinking.
Good horses have massive followings as do football teams.
Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 16:52 - Sep 29 with 2404 viewsBlueBadger

Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 11:13 - Sep 29 by factual_blue

NFL has adverts and Janet Jackson - does that count?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 17:25 - Sep 29 with 2362 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

It's not a spectacle.

That’s utter nonsense. Just 100% utter complete total nonsense.

I won’t be having a bet in the Arc next week and yet it’s been the flat race I’ve looked forward to most all season. Enable going for history as the first filly to win the race three times.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 17:52 - Sep 29 with 2304 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 17:25 - Sep 29 by The_Romford_Blue

I won’t be having a bet in the Arc next week and yet it’s been the flat race I’ve looked forward to most all season. Enable going for history as the first filly to win the race three times.

It’s not though is it, pretty obvious that if it wasn’t for the gambling then there would be minimal interest and it would almost certainly be illegal too

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 19:02 - Sep 29 with 2234 viewsbrogansnose

Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 17:25 - Sep 29 by The_Romford_Blue

See, this is just what I posted above. Its people not investing the time or effort to understand or get to grips with a particular sport or pastime. If you're into horse racing then you'll enjoy it for the sport irrespective of the betting and enjoy its nuances and passion. Its a bit like saying ' Cricket is only intersting because you can drink all day.' I personally don' t like golf but I'm sure there's something there because so many people like it, I just can't be bothered to put the time into the game so I keep my mouth shut. Same goes for NFL, put the time in and it unfolds into a tremendous game.

Quite frankly people are just bringing to attention how dull they probably are in real life.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024