Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garbutts goal on Saturday was a peach...... but 13:08 - Sep 30 with 1043 viewsEly_Blue

That wall was much further than 10 yards away, I thought it at the time on Saturday from behind that end and the highlights would seem to prove that, free kick was about 30 yards out yet the wall was inside the area

Look at the distance from the edge of the area to the 6 yard box, 2 lines on the turf, that’s 12 yards, the same distance from the ball to the wall

[Post edited 30 Sep 2019 13:13]

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Garbutts goal on Saturday was a peach...... but on 13:27 - Sep 30 with 977 viewsHighgateBlue

Yes I'm sure you're right - it's essentially an example of poor defending making it easier to score, which occurs in the case of many impressive goals. Still a great free kick though.

Another point about Garbutt's goals so far is that they've all been the first goal of the game and have put us in the lead. He's not scoring once we've already got a game won. He's been a real boon for us. Also shows our strength in depth that we've remained unbeaten when he was out of the team and when Norwood has had a lean patch.
Garbutts goal on Saturday was a peach...... but on 13:34 - Sep 30 with 941 viewsFixed_It

IIRC there was some delay which meant that by the time the free-kick was taken the ref's sprayed line had faded - serves the right for arguing so much.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Garbutts goal on Saturday was a peach...... but on 14:49 - Sep 30 with 861 viewsEly_Blue

Garbutts goal on Saturday was a peach...... but on 13:34 - Sep 30 by Fixed_It

IIRC there was some delay which meant that by the time the free-kick was taken the ref's sprayed line had faded - serves the right for arguing so much.

If you look at the video they are stood on the line so it hadn’t faded that much, I did think it bizarre at the time because it didn’t look like he paced it out, it looked like he just walked and put a line where he thought the wall should be........ unless of course Garbutt moved the ball backwards?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024