Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Change the team, but PL please keep the system? 01:37 - Oct 1 with 616 viewsharlingblue

Rotating the team selection has got us top of the league, and with very few injury scares, but the constant changing of the system/formation, is a worry.
4-4-2 seems to suite us best in my opinion, all of PL's other systems have not worked, and a result has only been achieved after changing back to that formation.
On Saturday against Tranmere, with 3 at the back, our wingbacks had licence to attack, neither did that because they were marked by opposing players, and with the midfield not creating anything for Norwood and Jackson, a poor 1-1 first half ensued.
Back to 4-4-2 for the second half, Bingo, a fine 4-1 win, with Skues and Downes bossing centre midfield, Nolan coming into his own, and Garbutt and Vincent-Young absolutely nailing a fine win. Any thoughts?
Change the team, but PL please keep the system? on 05:47 - Oct 1 with 555 viewswkj

I feel the wingback system is the desired formation/system, but we need Downes to be able to control the middle like Skuse for it to work. There are for and against arguements for the 442 and the 532, but I think a season of tweaks, mentoring, fairly rotating players and experience building is going to see many switches.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024