Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* 10:27 - Oct 1 with 2638 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Just finished it. I thought it was quite a disappointing series; certainly not up to the standard of the previous four. The storyline was a bit weak and it felt a bit contrived towards the end, when all of a sudden Tommy just decided he'd (try to) kill Mosley.

Thoughts?
[Post edited 1 Oct 2019 10:28]

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 10:30 - Oct 1 with 2439 viewschicoazul

Yeah I think I feel it was a bit under-par too. Tommy being suicidal doesnt really work for me either.
The Wire, Peaky, Sopranos, Gomorrah; all the same story basically, with different accents.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 10:32 - Oct 1 with 2428 viewsdavblue

it was quite obvious from the start that he was going to try and kill him, im not sure how you missed it? Tommy called him the devil, the build up to it made it very clear.

The fact that he didn't was interesting otherwise the plot would have been exactly the same just a different protagonist.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2019 10:33]
Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 10:37 - Oct 1 with 2411 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 10:32 - Oct 1 by davblue

it was quite obvious from the start that he was going to try and kill him, im not sure how you missed it? Tommy called him the devil, the build up to it made it very clear.

The fact that he didn't was interesting otherwise the plot would have been exactly the same just a different protagonist.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2019 10:33]

I suppose. To be honest I didn't really get into the series from the start so probably just didn't think about how obvious it was where the series would go. I just think it was underwhelming with a disappointing finale which felt a bit cobbled together.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 10:40 - Oct 1 with 2394 viewsHerbivore

Felt like they needed another couple of episodes to me. It felt a touch rushed and lots was unfinished. I'm assuming another series is in the pipeline. Still very good telly though, probably my favourite British drama series.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 10:41 - Oct 1 with 2398 viewsKieran_Knows

Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 10:40 - Oct 1 by Herbivore

Felt like they needed another couple of episodes to me. It felt a touch rushed and lots was unfinished. I'm assuming another series is in the pipeline. Still very good telly though, probably my favourite British drama series.

This. I'm sure I read series 6 would be out in 2021.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 11:16 - Oct 1 with 2364 viewsGooders7592

I really enjoyed it. Good twist at the end when the plan doesn't come off and a few unanswered questions. Most annoying thing is the wait for the next series!

P.S. agreed some parts were rushed
Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 11:34 - Oct 1 with 2344 viewsdavblue

2 more series have been commissioned i believe. They are also talking about doing a film.
Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 11:49 - Oct 1 with 2320 viewsReuser_is_God

Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 10:41 - Oct 1 by Kieran_Knows

This. I'm sure I read series 6 would be out in 2021.

Already been written I think.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 12:02 - Oct 1 with 2300 viewsvilanovablue

Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 11:49 - Oct 1 by Reuser_is_God

Already been written I think.

I'd heard it was the final season and that a film was going to be produced to close things out.
Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 12:10 - Oct 1 with 2282 viewsSWGF

Given they were (presumably) not going to rewrite history, the whole outcome of the crux of the series was already known.
i.e. Moseley wasn't going to be killed

Additionally, to my eyes, the more interesting/captivating characters (Aberama Gold/Alfie Solomons) are in it so fleetingly or killed off too soon while the other more "obvious" ones are kept on to go through the same thing over and over again.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2019 12:14]

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 12:17 - Oct 1 with 2265 viewsflimflam

Until War Of The Worlds hits the Roger Mellie in a couple of weeks.

World On Fire could turn out decent. Good first episode Sunday.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 12:23 - Oct 1 with 2253 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 12:10 - Oct 1 by SWGF

Given they were (presumably) not going to rewrite history, the whole outcome of the crux of the series was already known.

Additionally, to my eyes, the more interesting/captivating characters (Aberama Gold/Alfie Solomons) are in it so fleetingly or killed off too soon while the other more "obvious" ones are kept on to go through the same thing over and over again.

Completely agree,

I felt that Arthur was being set up to be killed off as it felt that his arc was completed.

Then in the next series a character such as Finn could step up even further.

Michael is just an annoying sideshow now.

Cillian Murphy makes the show - such a captivating performance every episode.

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 12:25 - Oct 1 with 2251 viewsHighgateBlue

I enjoyed the series. Maybe slightly underwhelming at the end, but high quality for the most part. Nice to see Alfie back.

For me the weakest series was the one with the Russian lot - series 3 I think. Was glad to see the back of that caper...
Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 12:40 - Oct 1 with 2231 viewschicoazul

Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 12:23 - Oct 1 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

Completely agree,

I felt that Arthur was being set up to be killed off as it felt that his arc was completed.

Then in the next series a character such as Finn could step up even further.

Michael is just an annoying sideshow now.

Cillian Murphy makes the show - such a captivating performance every episode.

He has one facial expression in the entire show. Sometimes they add a fag for added gravitas.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 12:49 - Oct 1 with 2214 viewsbaxterbasics

Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 12:10 - Oct 1 by SWGF

Yeah knowing Moseley isn't going to be assassinated does ruin the tension a little.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 12:51 - Oct 1 with 2209 viewsHerbivore

Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 12:40 - Oct 1 by chicoazul

He has one facial expression in the entire show. Sometimes they add a fag for added gravitas.

He's dead inside, he's hardly going to be cracking a cheesy grin.

Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 12:55 - Oct 1 with 2198 viewsbaxterbasics

Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 11:34 - Oct 1 by davblue

2 more series have been commissioned i believe. They are also talking about doing a film.

I believe the plan is for the last season to finish as WW2 air raid sirens are sounding for the first time.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 13:05 - Oct 1 with 2179 viewsLeighOnSeaBlue

The weakest season so far but still watchable
Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 23:50 - Oct 1 with 2050 viewshatch

Just finished watching season 5 tonight and hardly a cliffhanger - clearly Michael and Gina who organised the coup as their ‘plan b’ as previously mentioned. Michael is the enemy Tommy can’t defeat. I think Finn is working with him too and tipped off that football bookie mate intentionally. And clearly Tommy doesn’t kill himself at the end.
Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 07:41 - Oct 2 with 1998 viewsGooders7592

Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 23:50 - Oct 1 by hatch

Just finished watching season 5 tonight and hardly a cliffhanger - clearly Michael and Gina who organised the coup as their ‘plan b’ as previously mentioned. Michael is the enemy Tommy can’t defeat. I think Finn is working with him too and tipped off that football bookie mate intentionally. And clearly Tommy doesn’t kill himself at the end.

I think that is all too obvious and would be very surprised if it is the outcome
Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 08:12 - Oct 2 with 1976 viewsbournemouthblue

I wouldn't disagree that it needed an extra episode or so, it all came a bit quickly

Given the history, it was quite clear wasn't going to succeed in killing him

It presumably costs quite a lot to make given the cast they have, I assume it is made by the BBC?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 09:16 - Nov 2 with 1115 viewsWHRSN83

Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 12:51 - Oct 1 by Herbivore

He's dead inside, he's hardly going to be cracking a cheesy grin.

Cillian Murphy is really good actor. It seems that he will be the main reason why I'll watch the next season. And guys, watch it in Blu-ray! It's awersome!

This post has been edited by an administrator
Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 19:20 - Nov 2 with 1004 viewsHerbivore

Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 09:16 - Nov 2 by WHRSN83

Cillian Murphy is really good actor. It seems that he will be the main reason why I'll watch the next season. And guys, watch it in Blu-ray! It's awersome!

This post has been edited by an administrator

I consider myself a straight man, but I'd probably bang Cillian Murphy.

Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 19:26 - Nov 2 with 1000 viewsjeera

Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 19:20 - Nov 2 by Herbivore

I consider myself a straight man, but I'd probably bang Cillian Murphy.

You do realise you're opening your heart to a spammer?

Bizarre how he's found this thread to resurrect.

His only other post also links to the same website.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 19:58 - Nov 2 with 964 viewsHerbivore

Peaky Blinders series 5 *spoilers* on 19:26 - Nov 2 by jeera

You do realise you're opening your heart to a spammer?

Bizarre how he's found this thread to resurrect.

His only other post also links to the same website.

It's been a long few days, I didn't even notice. The point stands though, Cillian would get it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024