Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
KLM Longhaul... 18:57 - Oct 1 with 1197 viewsTIB

TWTD...my first stop for travel advice these days...

Has anyone used KLM for long-haul and/or their bidding system for upgrades? I’ve used city hoppers before and it’s always been pleasant and with the BA sale being pretty poor I decided to have a random look on KLM...ended up finding good priced flights to a place I’ve never heard of called Bonaire off coast of Venezuela...it’s 13hrs on one of their A330 and I’m undecided if it’s worth it for a week holiday!?!

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

KLM Longhaul... on 19:01 - Oct 1 with 1179 viewsfactual_blue

Sounds lovely, but 26 hours flying time for a weeks' holiday is a lot.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/breannawilson/2018/01/17/bonaire-is-the-cool-caribb

Have you considered Margate?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

KLM Longhaul... on 19:04 - Oct 1 with 1167 viewsTIB

KLM Longhaul... on 19:01 - Oct 1 by factual_blue

Sounds lovely, but 26 hours flying time for a weeks' holiday is a lot.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/breannawilson/2018/01/17/bonaire-is-the-cool-caribb

Have you considered Margate?

Out on a Friday and back on the following Sunday...Monday at a push with annual leave. What sort of flight time am I looking at for Margate and when's Hurricane season there?

KLM Longhaul... on 19:07 - Oct 1 with 1161 viewsfactual_blue

KLM Longhaul... on 19:04 - Oct 1 by TIB

Out on a Friday and back on the following Sunday...Monday at a push with annual leave. What sort of flight time am I looking at for Margate and when's Hurricane season there?

Where are you planning to fly from?

Hurricane season is from June to November.

https://www.margatefl.com/323/Hurricane-Information

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

KLM Longhaul... on 19:13 - Oct 1 with 1149 viewsNewcyBlue

KLM long haul are good.

I’ve used the bidding system before, can’t really give you any tips on it as I didn’t have a clue what I was doing!

I certainly like KLM. I’ve had a 16 hour flight with them and they were as good as anything else really.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

KLM Longhaul... on 19:13 - Oct 1 with 1148 viewsTIB

KLM Longhaul... on 19:07 - Oct 1 by factual_blue

Where are you planning to fly from?

Hurricane season is from June to November.

https://www.margatefl.com/323/Hurricane-Information

Norwich...straight after delivering to...

WWW.BEERSOFEUROPE.CO.UK

Joking aside...I'm in two minds about the flight time...looking online and the A330 economy reviews with KLM look ok...I just hated the Dreamliner flight back from KL...13hrs stuck between my wife and a fairly big Essex bird...that sort of experience both ways would make the holiday pointless!!!

KLM Longhaul... on 19:29 - Oct 1 with 1107 viewsBloomBlue

Their long-haul in business class is excellent.

Is it definitely KLM with so many of the airlines now in partner groups you often book with one airline but a different one is actually operating the flight.
KLM Longhaul... on 19:30 - Oct 1 with 1105 viewsTIB

KLM Longhaul... on 19:13 - Oct 1 by NewcyBlue

KLM long haul are good.

I’ve used the bidding system before, can’t really give you any tips on it as I didn’t have a clue what I was doing!

I certainly like KLM. I’ve had a 16 hour flight with them and they were as good as anything else really.

Cheers Newcy. I've just had a read about the bidding system and it seems pretty straight forward...fun in a way. Some folk say also that you can get lucky and pay only a few hundred quid for a business upgrade that would have cost you a few grand!?!

KLM Longhaul... on 19:33 - Oct 1 with 1099 viewsTIB

KLM Longhaul... on 19:29 - Oct 1 by BloomBlue

Their long-haul in business class is excellent.

Is it definitely KLM with so many of the airlines now in partner groups you often book with one airline but a different one is actually operating the flight.

On the booking it says KLM...there were options for Copa America, Delta and Air France but both flights are full KLM on the A330-300 from looks of it.

Login to get fewer ads

KLM Longhaul... on 19:40 - Oct 1 with 1080 viewsNewcyBlue

KLM Longhaul... on 19:30 - Oct 1 by TIB

Cheers Newcy. I've just had a read about the bidding system and it seems pretty straight forward...fun in a way. Some folk say also that you can get lucky and pay only a few hundred quid for a business upgrade that would have cost you a few grand!?!

I always thought the food on KLM was almost as good as on Emirates (which is excellent to me).

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

KLM Longhaul... on 19:46 - Oct 1 with 1067 viewsBloomBlue

KLM Longhaul... on 19:33 - Oct 1 by TIB

On the booking it says KLM...there were options for Copa America, Delta and Air France but both flights are full KLM on the A330-300 from looks of it.

KLM are part of the SkyTeam partnership which includes Delta and Air France, so it's possible the plane is from one of the others but both are ok for long-haul.
KLM Longhaul... on 19:51 - Oct 1 with 1063 viewsMeadowlark

I used to use KLM for all my long haul flights. So much easier for me out of Amsterdam via NWI. Although I travelled for business I rarely got Business Class, so it was economy all the time. I thought KLM was OK.
I'm retired now, so no more flying for me, although it was the airports, security checks, baggage drops etc that I disliked. Never had much of a problem with the flights. I think the longest leg I did was Santiago to Paris which was around 14 hours but regularly flew from AMS to Singapore, US West Coast, Caribbean etc.
KLM Longhaul... on 20:25 - Oct 1 with 1021 viewsjeera

Yeah, well let's hope TWTD doesn't go the the same way as Thomas Cook.

Or posters will be left stranded in car parks, pubs and airports all over the shop.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024