Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal 09:25 - Oct 2 with 3639 viewsSteve_M

And why it won't happen anytime soon.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/oct/01/boris-johnson-eu-prime-min

[Post edited 2 Oct 2019 9:32]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 09:48 - Oct 2 with 2937 viewsDarth_Koont

Very good. The analysis and conclusion seem pretty much spot on.

"The two sides are not operating to the same time horizon. Both say they want a deal, but Johnson means a headline to get through the week; Brussels means a treaty to secure the integrity of the European project for a generation.

That misalignment of perspectives has plagued the Brexit process. Eurosceptics constantly underestimate EU states’ readiness to prize collective solidarity over relations with a splitter nation on its way out of the club. It never occurred to them, for example, that an Irish voice could carry further across the continent than an English one. They did not anticipate the difference between a European negotiation among member states (the kind where Britain often got its way) and a negotiation between the EU and an exiting country issuing unrealistic demands backed by improbable threats."

Pronouns: He/Him

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 09:51 - Oct 2 with 2928 viewschicoazul

Strong feeling here that a deal is going to happen.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 10:06 - Oct 2 with 2892 viewsBlueBadger

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 09:51 - Oct 2 by chicoazul

Strong feeling here that a deal is going to happen.

It will be the May deal that Boris will try and flog as something new.
And it will fail to clear Parliament. Again.
Because Boris' hardline mates will complain it doesn't go far enough in boosting the profits of their disaster capitalist backers. Again.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 10:30 - Oct 2 with 2865 viewsPinewoodblue

The situation we are now in is the only reason why I voted remain.

The EU will only accept a deal that fully protects the customs union and the single market. The only way that can happen is an open-ended backstop. No point in a further extension as the current blockage cannot be çleared.

The country is divided for ever, some would say destroyed the new Greece or Italy.

France will be next, weekly protests continue in Paris must be almost a year since they started and no sign of them ending, or being fully reported.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 10:41 - Oct 2 with 2841 viewsBlueBadger

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 10:30 - Oct 2 by Pinewoodblue

The EU will only accept a deal that fully protects the customs union and the single market. The only way that can happen is an open-ended backstop. No point in a further extension as the current blockage cannot be çleared.

The country is divided for ever, some would say destroyed the new Greece or Italy.

France will be next, weekly protests continue in Paris must be almost a year since they started and no sign of them ending, or being fully reported.

Referendum is the only democratic way out. 'But we already had a vote' is a nebulous answer - in roughly the same time period we've had two general elections(and are likely to see a third) and now know what we're getting.
The glorious beach weekend we were promised turns out to be overpriced and the beach itself is home to a sewage outlet and covered in dog eggs. And the forecast is for it to piss it down all weekend, therefore it's probably time to think again.
The trouble is, Brexit is now officially a cult for some people, who won't listen to sense, let alone facts.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2019 10:41]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 11:12 - Oct 2 with 2800 viewsgiant_stow

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 10:41 - Oct 2 by BlueBadger

Referendum is the only democratic way out. 'But we already had a vote' is a nebulous answer - in roughly the same time period we've had two general elections(and are likely to see a third) and now know what we're getting.
The glorious beach weekend we were promised turns out to be overpriced and the beach itself is home to a sewage outlet and covered in dog eggs. And the forecast is for it to piss it down all weekend, therefore it's probably time to think again.
The trouble is, Brexit is now officially a cult for some people, who won't listen to sense, let alone facts.

The only way to get peace and resolution on this is for the remain side to stand down. On the whole, remainers are the the only ones with the wherewithall to stomach defeat.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 12:39 - Oct 2 with 2715 viewsGuthrum

Felt quite sad going through the EU Citizens channel for possibly the last time on arriving in Poland last week.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 12:50 - Oct 2 with 2682 viewsGuthrum

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 10:06 - Oct 2 by BlueBadger

It will be the May deal that Boris will try and flog as something new.
And it will fail to clear Parliament. Again.
Because Boris' hardline mates will complain it doesn't go far enough in boosting the profits of their disaster capitalist backers. Again.

I'm not so sure a reworded May's deal would fail to clear the Commons this time. All depends what Labour (either corporately or individual MPs) decides to do. Whether they consider inflicting yet another defeat on an already helpless government (thereby possibly playing into the latter's hands) preferable to avoiding the prospect of No Deal.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 14:35 - Oct 2 with 2579 viewsSpruceMoose

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 11:12 - Oct 2 by giant_stow

The only way to get peace and resolution on this is for the remain side to stand down. On the whole, remainers are the the only ones with the wherewithall to stomach defeat.

They're also the only ones who seem to give a damn about the country anymore.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 16:02 - Oct 2 with 2522 viewsitfc_bucks

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 11:12 - Oct 2 by giant_stow

No chance mate.

Just because we remainers have a firmer grasp on how the real world works, does not mean we should roll over and let the unicorn chasing brigade run this shower.

No, eventually, common sense will have to prevail and the question be put back to the public. At that point, Brexit dies and many political careers will have to end.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2019 16:20]
This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 16:18 - Oct 2 with 2497 viewsgiant_stow

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 16:02 - Oct 2 by itfc_bucks

No chance mate.

Just because we remainers have a firmer grasp on how the real world works, does not mean we should roll over and let the unicorn chasing brigade run this shower.

No, eventually, common sense will have to prevail and the question be put back to the public. At that point, Brexit dies and many political careers will have to end.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2019 16:20]

Don't get me wrong - hope you're right, but I fear the worse.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 16:20 - Oct 2 with 2493 viewsRyorry

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 10:41 - Oct 2 by BlueBadger

It's always seemed to me that Leavers have been operating purely according to emotions and vague feelings, with only Remainers reasoning and looking at facts - a few exceptioms proving the rule. Have yet to see/read one good, factual reason to leave with no deal.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 16:28 - Oct 2 with 2477 viewsSpruceMoose

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 16:20 - Oct 2 by Ryorry

It's always seemed to me that Leavers have been operating purely according to emotions and vague feelings, with only Remainers reasoning and looking at facts - a few exceptioms proving the rule. Have yet to see/read one good, factual reason to leave with no deal.

Me either.

I have never, ever, seen a well evidenced, rational, factual explanation for the benefits of Brexit.

It's safe to conclude there isn't one.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Felt exactly the same the other day... on 16:34 - Oct 2 with 2473 viewsunstableblue

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 12:39 - Oct 2 by Guthrum

Felt quite sad going through the EU Citizens channel for possibly the last time on arriving in Poland last week.

... arriving in Europe.

I think in a fairly short space a lot of UK citizens would start to ask - "we seem to have lost a lot but gained very little"

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 17:20 - Oct 2 with 2410 viewsitfc_bucks

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 16:28 - Oct 2 by SpruceMoose

Me either.

I have never, ever, seen a well evidenced, rational, factual explanation for the benefits of Brexit.

I've yet to see a good, factual reason for leaving at all.
This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 19:52 - Oct 2 with 2334 viewsBlueBadger

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 17:20 - Oct 2 by itfc_bucks

I've yet to see a good, factual reason for leaving at all.

'Foreigners and our passports are the wrong colour' not doing it for you?

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 20:14 - Oct 2 with 2311 viewsOldsmoker

Me either.

I have found a few articles that outline how Brexit could work and the arrangements required to make it work. The articles appear well thought out and the author is an academic with the all the degrees etc.
None of these articles mentioned benefits apart from saving the money the UK contributes to the EU.
However, when I've googled the article I've found other articles that rip them apart.
There is one article (if I can find the link I'll post it) that takes you through a perfect list of what we want but the sting at the end in the last sentence states "That is exactly the deal we have with the EU right now".

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 22:19 - Oct 2 with 2233 viewsNo9

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 10:30 - Oct 2 by Pinewoodblue

Why are you overlooking International law?
+ UK law that the tories signed up to?
This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 22:40 - Oct 2 with 2207 viewsFootballpete

Me either.

There was no good reason to leave until the majority voted to do so. My fear is that if we don’t, a very unsavoury movement will now have mass appeal. We basically fooked!

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Felt exactly the same the other day... on 22:54 - Oct 2 with 2194 viewsRyorry

Felt exactly the same the other day... on 16:34 - Oct 2 by unstableblue

... arriving in Europe.

I think in a fairly short space a lot of UK citizens would start to ask - "we seem to have lost a lot but gained very little"

Shame there wasn't any way of implementing "suck it and see" eh?!

One of those things for which "try before you buy" would have been a good idea.

6 months of a No Deal Brexit and all the Leavers will be screaming about how awful things are ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 07:05 - Oct 3 with 2060 viewsDubtractor

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 22:40 - Oct 2 by Footballpete

There was no good reason to leave until the majority voted to do so. My fear is that if we don’t, a very unsavoury movement will now have mass appeal. We basically fooked!

We're not getting that genie back in the bottle now. Unfortunately.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 07:19 - Oct 3 with 2050 viewsitfc_bucks

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 19:52 - Oct 2 by BlueBadger

'Foreigners and our passports are the wrong colour' not doing it for you?

Given we have the ability to limit immigration and change the colour of our passports under the existing system, I'm afraid it really doesn't.
This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 07:31 - Oct 3 with 2032 viewsSteve_M

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 07:05 - Oct 3 by Dubtractor

We're not getting that genie back in the bottle now. Unfortunately.

And even leaving won't make most of the leading Brexiters, or many of the people who voted leave, happy. There is no good solution to utopian promises and fear-mongering.

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 08:12 - Oct 3 with 1987 viewsSteve_M

Here's what the Irish Border looks like in reality, the impact of making that a hard border again, and despite the bluster that is exactly what Johnson is proposing, are just being ignored. How do you stop people using single-track roads without massive infrastructure?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/brexit/borderlands/the-border

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 08:22 - Oct 3 with 1968 viewsartsbossbeard

This is good on the dynamic of a Brexit deal on 07:31 - Oct 3 by Steve_M

And even leaving won't make most of the leading Brexiters, or many of the people who voted leave, happy. There is no good solution to utopian promises and fear-mongering.

The problem being is that if (when?) it does go wrong, it will be the fault of everyone else for not getting behind it wholly rather than the true patriots who only want what's good for our beloved nation.*

*I read this on social media

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024