Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? 11:35 - Oct 2 with 35339 viewsBrixtonBlue

Yes, I'm bored at work.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 11:37 - Oct 2 with 6484 viewsPJH

Don't know but I have found a little compartment in my head labelled 1961/62.
How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 11:39 - Oct 2 with 6473 viewsclive_baker

What's also mad is that I don't think a mobile phone has ever featured in a dream I've had. They feature a lot in everyday life innit but have you ever had one appear in a dream?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 11:41 - Oct 2 with 6465 viewsSuperblue95

Limbic System innit

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 11:52 - Oct 2 with 6440 viewsTIB

3 and a half inch floppy disks apparently.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 12:01 - Oct 2 with 6425 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 12:02 - Oct 2 with 6419 viewsBrixtonBlue

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 11:37 - Oct 2 by PJH

It was actually your recollections that prompted my question! Weird, isn't it?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 12:03 - Oct 2 with 6418 viewsBrixtonBlue

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 11:39 - Oct 2 by clive_baker

What's also mad is that I don't think a mobile phone has ever featured in a dream I've had. They feature a lot in everyday life innit but have you ever had one appear in a dream?

Interesting. Me neither.

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 12:05 - Oct 2 with 6414 viewsBrixtonBlue

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 11:41 - Oct 2 by Superblue95

Limbic System innit

I mean, that's the area. Not really an explanation of how it works though.

It's like someone asking what the rules of football are and the answer coming back as "Portman Road."

Login to get fewer ads

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 12:21 - Oct 2 with 6383 viewsGuthrum

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 11:52 - Oct 2 by TIB

3 and a half inch floppy disks apparently.

5.25 or 3 inch, surely? The system dates back at least to the 1980s.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 12:32 - Oct 2 with 6357 viewsMrTown

Get a new job is my advice.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2019 12:32]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 12:38 - Oct 2 with 6341 viewsSuperblue95

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 12:32 - Oct 2 by MrTown

Get a new job is my advice.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2019 12:32]

He will still be bored by the memories of his current job though

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 13:18 - Oct 2 with 6306 viewsMalcolmBlue

Medulla oblongata

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 14:32 - Oct 2 with 6224 viewsGuthrum

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 13:18 - Oct 2 by MalcolmBlue

Medulla oblongata

Is she a nice girl?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 14:58 - Oct 2 with 6195 viewsRyorry

My GP said the strongest ones are laid down early, frequently brought to mind, and are therefore better remembered. This is why so many of us can't remember what (if anything) we had for brekkie yesterday but can remember names of school teachers etc. from half a century ago!

[Post edited 2 Oct 2019 15:00]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 15:00 - Oct 2 with 6187 viewswkj

Because the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and god almighty blesses each and every one of us a soul which we possess forever. Our memories are not stored in our body, but in our spirit, and when we arrive in the kingdom of heaven, so too does our memories.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2019 15:01]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 15:01 - Oct 2 with 6179 viewsSpruceMoose

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 15:00 - Oct 2 by wkj

Because the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and god almighty blesses each and every one of us a soul which we possess forever. Our memories are not stored in our body, but in our spirit, and when we arrive in the kingdom of heaven, so too does our memories.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2019 15:01]

So you're saying our memories are stored...in the cloud?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 15:06 - Oct 2 with 6161 viewswkj

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 15:01 - Oct 2 by SpruceMoose

So you're saying our memories are stored...in the cloud?

Heaven isn't in the clouds, that is imagery we've been told to help make it all make sense. Heaven is everywhere, in every inch of the universe, when we die we can be everywhere or nowhere all at the same time.

Crybaby

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 15:09 - Oct 2 with 6146 viewsRyorry

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 15:06 - Oct 2 by wkj

Heaven isn't in the clouds, that is imagery we've been told to help make it all make sense. Heaven is everywhere, in every inch of the universe, when we die we can be everywhere or nowhere all at the same time.

Human brain pretty impressive thing though.

You really couldn't make it up ...

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 15:11 - Oct 2 with 6142 viewswkj

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 15:09 - Oct 2 by Ryorry

Why would I want to make the brain up?

Crybaby

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 15:13 - Oct 2 with 6137 viewsfooters

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 15:09 - Oct 2 by Ryorry

More impressive than God? Wow.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 15:17 - Oct 2 with 6131 viewsRyorry

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 15:13 - Oct 2 by footers

More impressive than God? Wow.

^Awaits imminent arrival of Sparks^

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 16:14 - Oct 2 with 6087 viewsChurchman

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 11:37 - Oct 2 by PJH

What a wonderful compartment to have. My dad’s first game was v Street in 1938. He has a lot of compartments!

I have to settle for a few little shoe boxes from1968 on, but I’m not complaining.
How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 16:40 - Oct 2 with 6066 viewscaught-in-limbo

I don't assume memories are stored in the brain. I think they are received in the brain for sure, but the idea that the name, character and appearance of Miss Browne is stored as chemicals, electrical charges or a small collection of proteins somewhere in my brain and labelled "primary school teacher" seems unbelievable to me.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2019 16:42]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 16:43 - Oct 2 with 6055 viewsDyland

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 16:40 - Oct 2 by caught-in-limbo

I don't assume memories are stored in the brain. I think they are received in the brain for sure, but the idea that the name, character and appearance of Miss Browne is stored as chemicals, electrical charges or a small collection of proteins somewhere in my brain and labelled "primary school teacher" seems unbelievable to me.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2019 16:42]

Exactly, they're stored in the Cloud innit.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 17:03 - Oct 2 with 6017 viewsRyorry

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 16:43 - Oct 2 by Dyland

Exactly, they're stored in the Cloud innit.

Well, my teechers always did say I had my head in the clouds ...

They left out the "innit" tho.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024