Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? 11:35 - Oct 2 with 35371 viewsBrixtonBlue

Yes, I'm bored at work.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 11:13 - Oct 10 with 1246 viewscaught-in-limbo

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 08:43 - Oct 10 by eireblue

You can use Ecosia or DuckDuckGo as well.

Google and duckduckgo searches returned the same for me (as they always do) - NADA

Ecosia return little of relevance, except this:

I'll check it out this afternoon.

Thanks

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 11:15 - Oct 10 with 1239 viewsStokieBlue

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 11:13 - Oct 10 by caught-in-limbo

Google and duckduckgo searches returned the same for me (as they always do) - NADA

Ecosia return little of relevance, except this:

I'll check it out this afternoon.

Thanks

Given they are independent and don't even share the same algorithm wouldn't that render your "Google only shows me what I want to see" point invalid?

In fact, DuckDuckGo doesn't even store information on your past searches.

SB
[Post edited 10 Oct 2019 11:16]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 11:23 - Oct 10 with 1233 viewswkj

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 11:15 - Oct 10 by StokieBlue

Given they are independent and don't even share the same algorithm wouldn't that render your "Google only shows me what I want to see" point invalid?

SB

That with the "Brave" browser has been an interesting and refreshing change to online citizenship.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 12:01 - Oct 10 with 1214 viewscaught-in-limbo

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 11:15 - Oct 10 by StokieBlue

SB

Search results for different search engines might return identical results. It depends what what I searched for.

#toxic

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 12:07 - Oct 10 with 1203 viewsStokieBlue

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 12:01 - Oct 10 by caught-in-limbo

Search results for different search engines might return identical results. It depends what what I searched for.

That's not what I said though is it - you accused Google of perpetuating an echo chamber when in reality those are the best result for the search as proven by your own independent test.

Not going to argue the point though any further though. Hopefully the results you have received are enlightening.

SB

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 16:31 - Oct 10 with 1156 viewscaught-in-limbo

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 12:07 - Oct 10 by StokieBlue

That's not what I said though is it - you accused Google of perpetuating an echo chamber when in reality those are the best result for the search as proven by your own independent test.

Not going to argue the point though any further though. Hopefully the results you have received are enlightening.

SB

"NADA" means nothing. I literally got no result from my Google and DuckDuckGo search, so you're wrong, my results were not the best result from my "own independent test".

So, I go back to my previous post - the results do depend on the search I did.

#toxic

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 16:39 - Oct 10 with 1141 viewsStokieBlue

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 16:31 - Oct 10 by caught-in-limbo

"NADA" means nothing. I literally got no result from my Google and DuckDuckGo search, so you're wrong, my results were not the best result from my "own independent test".

So, I go back to my previous post - the results do depend on the search I did.

That's not what I said again and you are missing the point - the actual search is irrelevant.

The fact they both returned nothing using different algorithms and different personalisations (including none) indicates your initial dismissal of Google as a self-reinforcing echo chamber was harsh.

I'll leave it there - you should use whatever search engine you feel comfortable with.

SB

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 20:16 - Oct 10 with 1109 viewscaught-in-limbo

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 16:39 - Oct 10 by StokieBlue

That's not what I said again and you are missing the point - the actual search is irrelevant.

The fact they both returned nothing using different algorithms and different personalisations (including none) indicates your initial dismissal of Google as a self-reinforcing echo chamber was harsh.

I'll leave it there - you should use whatever search engine you feel comfortable with.

SB

This was my exact search including quote marks:

"Western science" "peer reviewed" "Indian woo-woo"

Now, do you still insist my search was irrelevant?

#toxic

Login to get fewer ads

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 21:23 - Oct 10 with 1089 viewsfooters

How the bloody hell are memories stored in our heads? on 20:16 - Oct 10 by caught-in-limbo

This was my exact search including quote marks:

"Western science" "peer reviewed" "Indian woo-woo"

Now, do you still insist my search was irrelevant?

No one cares.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024