Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ironic that she's milking it 19:50 - Oct 2 with 2696 viewsMullet

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/vb5yzb/vegan-greggs-sausage-roll-mixup?fbclid

Surely if you go to a place that serves meat you have to accept this sort of "risk", but regardless some of the language used for some who has been vegan for 2 years is wholly bizarre and reeks of compo culture. At a guess, she's old enough for it to be a maximum of 10% of her life where she went "unpoisoned".

Confusing a choice with some sort pseudo-medical condition is pretty atrocious.

On a broader point though, why is an apology never enough? Let alone the obligation to give away freebies etc?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Ironic that she's milking it on 21:02 - Oct 2 with 1958 viewsMoriarty

Is that a rather cheeky use of the word “milking”? Let’s hope you’re not accused of subliminal dairy promotion antics.

Whereas I’d fully respect her lifestyle choice, her reaction isn’t reasonable or proportionate.

One of my little ones swallowed a small toy a fortnight ago. It came out the usual way. I’m sure nature will take its course with the sausage roll as well.

fka omuircheartaigh

Ironic that she's milking it on 21:13 - Oct 2 with 1936 viewsActionMan

It will be more ironic when they force veganism into law to save the planet and the planet still dies off anyway.
Ironic that she's milking it on 21:18 - Oct 2 with 1920 viewsStokieBlue

"Ndugo, who has been vegan for two years"

So she poisoned her body (her own words) for X years previously but it's only important because it was in Greggs this time.

The problem is that idiotic behaviour like this will detract from the benefits of a reduced meat diet in the long term. People will read her nonsense and become more entrenched in their views.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ironic that she's milking it on 21:31 - Oct 2 with 1891 viewsDubtractor

Just another attention seeker.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Ironic that she's milking it on 23:02 - Oct 2 with 1825 viewsPinewoodblue

Ironic that she's milking it on 21:31 - Oct 2 by Dubtractor

Just another attention seeker.

Sounds cheesed off to me.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Ironic that she's milking it on 23:36 - Oct 2 with 1794 viewscaught-in-limbo

Ironic that she's milking it on 21:18 - Oct 2 by StokieBlue

"Ndugo, who has been vegan for two years"

So she poisoned her body (her own words) for X years previously but it's only important because it was in Greggs this time.

The problem is that idiotic behaviour like this will detract from the benefits of a reduced meat diet in the long term. People will read her nonsense and become more entrenched in their views.

SB

"People will read her nonsense and become more entrenched in their views. "

To be fair, that is the goal of identity politics: to divide us.

There's no sincere effort to "save the planet". In fact the planet probably doesn't actually need saving in quite the way that the apocalyptic naysayers would have us believe.

Better that we keep panicking that we're all going to die while pointing the finger of blame at meat-eaters, car drivers, plane passengers, the Chinese, Muslims, far right white nationalists, climate change "deniers", Greta haters and cows.

Better that we all buy into so-called "sustainable" investment funds flogging forms of inefficient "green" energy production and "sustainable" lifestyle solutions to keep our pensions fat and healthy while having no discernible improvement on the climate crisis but instead the pollution of our planet goes on unabated and our free oceans, lakes and forests get privatised.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2019 23:39]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Ironic that she's milking it on 00:00 - Oct 3 with 1764 viewsBrixtonBlue

Ironic that she's milking it on 23:36 - Oct 2 by caught-in-limbo

"People will read her nonsense and become more entrenched in their views. "

To be fair, that is the goal of identity politics: to divide us.

There's no sincere effort to "save the planet". In fact the planet probably doesn't actually need saving in quite the way that the apocalyptic naysayers would have us believe.

Better that we keep panicking that we're all going to die while pointing the finger of blame at meat-eaters, car drivers, plane passengers, the Chinese, Muslims, far right white nationalists, climate change "deniers", Greta haters and cows.

Better that we all buy into so-called "sustainable" investment funds flogging forms of inefficient "green" energy production and "sustainable" lifestyle solutions to keep our pensions fat and healthy while having no discernible improvement on the climate crisis but instead the pollution of our planet goes on unabated and our free oceans, lakes and forests get privatised.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2019 23:39]

I suppose you know better and have some obscure youtube videos to put us right?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Ironic that she's milking it on 01:02 - Oct 3 with 1735 viewsActionMan

Ironic that she's milking it on 00:00 - Oct 3 by BrixtonBlue

I don't think anyone who routinely votes for Lib-Lab-Cons should be mocking anyone's intelligence to be honest. His nonsense is as just as much nonsense as everyone else's.
Login to get fewer ads

Ironic that she's milking it on 06:03 - Oct 3 with 1671 viewscaught-in-limbo

Ironic that she's milking it on 00:00 - Oct 3 by BrixtonBlue

I don't "know" better, it's just the view I have developed over the last 20 years of taking an interest in these sorts of things. It's clear you don't agree.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Ironic that she's milking it on 09:25 - Oct 3 with 1541 viewschicoazul

I'm always fascinated by stories like this, containing as they always do veiled swipes at the working classes by members of the petit bourgeoisie. There's a good chance someone lost their 8.20/hour job over this.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Ironic that she's milking it on 09:25 - Oct 3 with 1538 viewsghostofescobar

Ironic that she's milking it on 21:13 - Oct 2 by ActionMan

It will be more ironic when they force veganism into law to save the planet and the planet still dies off anyway.

Small correction: it's the humans that need saving, not the planet. The planet will be absolutely fine, with or without us. It'll comfortably be around for a few billion years yet. Bet it can't wait to get shot of us!

GhostOfEscobar

Ironic that she's milking it on 12:04 - Oct 3 with 1467 viewsmonytowbray

Although she makes some idiotic comments and the apology should have been enough, she's completely entitled to be annoyed. If you made it clear you had allergies it could put your life in danger, or if it were religious reasons to not eat something it could go as far as being a hate crime.

I'm going to assume considering some of the comments here it's because the "V" word is involved it's so bothersome. If you want to be angry at anyone, blame the media. They thrive on this faux outrage crap to rile up both sides. Should be a non-story really.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Ironic that she's milking it on 12:06 - Oct 3 with 1451 viewsmonytowbray

Ironic that she's milking it on 21:13 - Oct 2 by ActionMan

We're too far gone and have been for 40-50 years according to some, but to say "Well, f*ck it, let's not bother doing anything" seems to be a pretty lame stance to take. Would it not be better to at least prolong our existence, make a better life for the generations after and even maybe buy more time to find a solution?

TWTD never forgets…

Ironic that she's milking it on 12:21 - Oct 3 with 1427 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ironic that she's milking it on 12:04 - Oct 3 by monytowbray

Although she makes some idiotic comments and the apology should have been enough, she's completely entitled to be annoyed. If you made it clear you had allergies it could put your life in danger, or if it were religious reasons to not eat something it could go as far as being a hate crime.

I'm going to assume considering some of the comments here it's because the "V" word is involved it's so bothersome. If you want to be angry at anyone, blame the media. They thrive on this faux outrage crap to rile up both sides. Should be a non-story really.

I think the comments have more to do with her being a drama queen than being a veggie.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ironic that she's milking it on 12:55 - Oct 3 with 1375 viewsSwansea_Blue

I wonder if she'd only be half as outraged by this:

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ironic that she's milking it on 13:08 - Oct 3 with 1362 viewsmonytowbray

Ironic that she's milking it on 12:55 - Oct 3 by Swansea_Blue

I want that.

TWTD never forgets…

Ironic that she's milking it on 13:11 - Oct 3 with 1353 viewsStokieBlue

Ironic that she's milking it on 12:55 - Oct 3 by Swansea_Blue

Byron have something similar except it uses mushrooms instead of Beyond Meat.

I actually have some Beyond Meat burgers at home I need to try.

SB

Ironic that she's milking it on 13:13 - Oct 3 with 1344 viewswkj

Makes you question just how vegan a lot of vegan stuff might be, I mean, some places still struggle to properly handle allergies correctly, and a remarkable amount of celiac friendly foods are questionable too, particularly in takeaways.

All the more tempting to hone those cooking skill at'ume I reckon, even as a non-discriminant eater I tend to do exactly that now.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Ironic that she's milking it on 13:22 - Oct 3 with 1331 viewsmonytowbray

Ironic that she's milking it on 13:11 - Oct 3 by StokieBlue

Byron have something similar except it uses mushrooms instead of Beyond Meat.

I actually have some Beyond Meat burgers at home I need to try.

SB

The Beyond Meat burger in Honest is good. Although there's a whole argument it's not vegan because in its development they did taste tests vs actual meat.

Personally I think that's b0llocks but there you go, if you think being told by a vegan that eating meat is wrong you wanna try getting involved with debating other vegans as a vegan.

TWTD never forgets…

Ironic that she's milking it on 13:27 - Oct 3 with 1315 viewsStokieBlue

Ironic that she's milking it on 13:22 - Oct 3 by monytowbray

The Beyond Meat burger in Honest is good. Although there's a whole argument it's not vegan because in its development they did taste tests vs actual meat.

Personally I think that's b0llocks but there you go, if you think being told by a vegan that eating meat is wrong you wanna try getting involved with debating other vegans as a vegan.

I agree, that does seem rather draconian and in some ways counter-productive. If the end goal is to get people eating these products and they are designed to taste like meat then they need to be tested against the benchmark.

They also do a Beyond Meat burger in Byron, although it's strangely more expensive than the meat ones but I guess that will change as economies of scale kick-in.

Beyond Meat are doing rather well - their share price is up x5 on their IPO price so there is clearly a market there.

SB

Ironic that she's milking it on 13:33 - Oct 3 with 1305 viewsmonytowbray

Ironic that she's milking it on 13:27 - Oct 3 by StokieBlue

I agree, that does seem rather draconian and in some ways counter-productive. If the end goal is to get people eating these products and they are designed to taste like meat then they need to be tested against the benchmark.

They also do a Beyond Meat burger in Byron, although it's strangely more expensive than the meat ones but I guess that will change as economies of scale kick-in.

Beyond Meat are doing rather well - their share price is up x5 on their IPO price so there is clearly a market there.

SB

I call it "Reading from the same hymn book but having different favourite songs". Common in politics, hell even in football... We all support Ipswich but disagree on pros/cons all over the shop.

I've been called a "fake vegan" once as in a hypothetical discussion I said giving away your old animal based foods to a food bank when turning vegan is better than throwing them away, based on the logic that people will still eat it. I was told by some utter bell end it was encouraging and enabling or something. I accidentally picked up beans with sausages in the shop the other day (rogue misplaced can and half asleep) and gave it to my housemate. I'd sooner that than waste it if the mistake has already been made and the money has passed hands.

TWTD never forgets…

Ironic that she's milking it on 13:39 - Oct 3 with 1293 viewsGaryCooper

Ironic that she's milking it on 12:04 - Oct 3 by monytowbray

A hate crime? Accidently is the key word.
Ironic that she's milking it on 13:44 - Oct 3 with 1282 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

In fairness, it a store is going to offer vegan products and a person comes in and specifically orders one, they’ve got every right to kick up a fuss if they’re subsequently served a meat item. I don’t think it’s fair to say the customer accepts the risk by going to a place that serves meat

That said the reaction is way OTT - and as others have noted only serves to reinforce vegan stereotypes and entrench meat eaters further than bring any sympathy to her cause

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Ironic that she's milking it on 13:47 - Oct 3 with 1275 viewsmonytowbray

Ironic that she's milking it on 13:39 - Oct 3 by GaryCooper

A hate crime? Accidently is the key word.

I said "at worst" in the hypothetical scenario it was religious based. Calm down.

TWTD never forgets…

Ironic that she's milking it on 13:51 - Oct 3 with 1259 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Ironic that she's milking it on 13:22 - Oct 3 by monytowbray

Had to LOL at that last paragraph, as think one of the comments often made when you were in the middle of daily 10-pagers was that there would always be a better vegan!

Not meant as a dig btw as you seem a bit more mellow on the subject now and difficult to disagree with anything that you’ve posted in here - apart from the hate crime bit which I don’t think applies in this case assuming it was an accident

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024