Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 11:31 - Oct 4 with 4553 viewsBrixtonBlue

How the hell am I going to avoid the worst of the rush hour traffic?

[Post edited 4 Oct 2019 15:39]

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 15:16 - Oct 4 with 1564 viewsPinewoodblue

Never mind London rush hour.....why Clithero?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The A205. At rush hour on Friday. And then the 406. on 15:35 - Oct 4 with 1556 viewsBrixtonBlue

The A205. At rush hour on Friday. And then the 406. on 15:03 - Oct 4 by NotMarcusEvans

Bit harsh. You've come on asking how to avoid rush hour traffic in and around the capital at the busiest time of the week. People have given you the obvious answers.

I was replying to a post where Dyllers was merely taking the piss. Other people have been helpful.

I'd imagine other weekdays would be a touch busier than Friday as quite a lot of people don't work Fridays/take them off for long weekends.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 15:36 - Oct 4 with 1549 viewsBrixtonBlue

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 15:16 - Oct 4 by Pinewoodblue

Never mind London rush hour.....why Clithero?

Because the friends we're staying with (and going to Fleetwood with tomorrow) live there.

The A205. At rush hour on Friday. And then the 406. on 16:49 - Oct 4 with 1517 viewsDyland

The A205. At rush hour on Friday. And then the 406. on 15:35 - Oct 4 by BrixtonBlue

I was replying to a post where Dyllers was merely taking the piss. Other people have been helpful.

I'd imagine other weekdays would be a touch busier than Friday as quite a lot of people don't work Fridays/take them off for long weekends.

You'd imagine wrong.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The A205. At rush hour on Friday. And then the 406. on 17:04 - Oct 4 with 1509 viewswkj

The A205. At rush hour on Friday. And then the 406. on 15:35 - Oct 4 by BrixtonBlue

The only thing taking the pee is thinking that there is some lesser known secret route out there. You'll have a miserable journey in parts, and regret it while in the car most probably. But then you'll get there, enjoy the weekend and all will be fine upon your return to terra firma. It is just part of life, travel in and out of a metropolitan area at one of the busiest times is going to be a hassle for a bit.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2019 17:05]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The A205. At rush hour on Friday. And then the 406. on 17:06 - Oct 4 with 1505 viewsfooters

The A205. At rush hour on Friday. And then the 406. on 17:04 - Oct 4 by wkj

The only thing taking the pee is thinking that there is some lesser known secret route out there. You'll have a miserable journey in parts, and regret it while in the car most probably. But then you'll get there, enjoy the weekend and all will be fine upon your return to terra firma. It is just part of life, travel in and out of a metropolitan area at one of the busiest times is going to be a hassle for a bit.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2019 17:05]

Unless you just cough up and take one of the many London-Manchester trains instead.

God speed, dollerz.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The A205. At rush hour on Friday. And then the 406. on 17:09 - Oct 4 with 1502 viewswkj

The A205. At rush hour on Friday. And then the 406. on 17:06 - Oct 4 by footers

Unless you just cough up and take one of the many London-Manchester trains instead.

God speed, dollerz.

I am expecting a route plan to be presented with many winding roads and a statement of "it wasnt that bad" or something similar for the sake of contrarian. That is usually how this sort of dance winds up.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The A205. At rush hour on Friday. And then the 406. on 17:37 - Oct 4 with 1493 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

You’re forgetting about all the people that work in London during the week and go elsewhere for the weekend, on top of normal Friday workers

By contrast, travelling into London on a Friday evening is an absolute pleasure, in case you were wondering

Glad to be of help

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 18:01 - Oct 4 with 1487 viewsJamestownPrince

Clitheroe to Cockermouth is a nice journey
Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 18:11 - Oct 4 with 1481 viewslinhdi

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 12:17 - Oct 4 by Guthrum

The M6 is a pig at the best of times, with all the roadworks.

A1 was horrible today, as the M1 was closed in Derbyshire this morning. Took 5-and-a-half hours to Blackpool.
Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 18:23 - Oct 4 with 1473 viewspimballwizard

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 18:01 - Oct 4 by JamestownPrince

Clitheroe to Cockermouth is a nice journey

Yep but the journey "kinderlingerslonger"
Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 18:24 - Oct 4 with 1474 viewsBrixtonBlue

Ok, following the excellent advice from all you lovely people, and Dyllers, we are now going early in the morning, and meeting our friends in Blackpool.

Excellent work, thanks all.

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 19:02 - Oct 4 with 1459 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 18:24 - Oct 4 by BrixtonBlue

Ok, following the excellent advice from all you lovely people, and Dyllers, we are now going early in the morning, and meeting our friends in Blackpool.

Excellent work, thanks all.

But what route are you taking?
I had 3 years of school in Clitheroe including cross country runs up Pendle Hill (famous for witches). There was also a sweet shop that sold meat and potato pie baps with red or brown sauce at lunch break!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 20:13 - Oct 4 with 1437 viewsBrixtonBlue

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 19:02 - Oct 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

I had 3 years of school in Clitheroe including cross country runs up Pendle Hill (famous for witches). There was also a sweet shop that sold meat and potato pie baps with red or brown sauce at lunch break!

The plan's changed again. Up to my girlfriend's parent's in Solihull tonight... then rest of the way in the morning!

Hope we win after all this faffing!

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 20:26 - Oct 4 with 1424 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 20:13 - Oct 4 by BrixtonBlue

The plan's changed again. Up to my girlfriend's parent's in Solihull tonight... then rest of the way in the morning!

Hope we win after all this faffing!

Pleased to say I have no Solihull anecdotes.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The A205. At rush hour on Friday. And then the 406. on 01:56 - Oct 5 with 1367 viewsjeera

The A205. At rush hour on Friday. And then the 406. on 16:49 - Oct 4 by Dyland

You'd imagine wrong.

Quite. It couldn't be more wrong.

Everything piles North out of London on a Friday evening.

Then piles back South on a Monday morning.

Both to be avoided if at all possible.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 2:03]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 02:13 - Oct 5 with 1359 viewsJamestownPrince

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 19:02 - Oct 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

First thought comes to mind is the Hovis Advert with Tony Capstick (I know its over the border but!!!)
Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 02:19 - Oct 5 with 1354 viewsJamestownPrince

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 02:13 - Oct 5 by JamestownPrince

First thought comes to mind is the Hovis Advert with Tony Capstick (I know its over the border but!!!)

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 04:31 - Oct 5 with 1321 viewsjeera

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 20:26 - Oct 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

Pleased to say I have no Solihull anecdotes.

Shirley there must be something.

You've just got to look hard enough.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024