Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rugby 10:21 - Oct 5 with 1711 viewsfergalsharkey

Is it as exciting as world championship chess?

Poll: Cook out?

Rugby on 10:30 - Oct 5 with 1694 viewswkj

It is. Not quite as exciting as one night in Bangkok where the hard man humbles, not much between despair and ecstasy. At least in terms of when they host the chess there.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Rugby on 10:50 - Oct 5 with 1676 viewsDarth_Koont

Early red card has ruined this one, I'm afraid. It's taken the sting out of what could have been one of the biggest games of the group stage.

But right decision by the letter of the law and for player safety. There have been a few similar ones that have gone unpunished this World Cup.

Pronouns: He/Him

Rugby on 10:51 - Oct 5 with 1668 viewsStokieBlue

I hope so, I love watching Chess.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Rugby on 10:56 - Oct 5 with 1648 viewswkj

Rugby on 10:51 - Oct 5 by StokieBlue

SB

Aiye, Murray Head was a joy to behold.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Rugby on 11:07 - Oct 5 with 1632 viewsHerbivore

It's not as exciting as fictional moped journeys and made up travel tales.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Rugby on 11:12 - Oct 5 with 1619 viewsBarneycurley

Rugby on 10:51 - Oct 5 by StokieBlue

SB

Exactly doesn't get any better than Fisher v Spasky in Reykjavik.

Now any one want to see drama it was all there

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Rugby on 11:22 - Oct 5 with 1605 viewsmidastouch

Chess checkmates rugby every time.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Rugby on 11:24 - Oct 5 with 1601 viewsHerbivore

Rugby on 11:22 - Oct 5 by midastouch

Chess checkmates rugby every time.

Try hard.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Rugby on 11:37 - Oct 5 with 1585 viewsBigManBlue

I will never understand how even the supposed elite of rugby union can barely throw a ball into a guy's hands from about eight feet away with any accuracy. Not knocking some of the technical/set piece stuff they can do, but I'm always amazed that such a basic and fundamental skill is so poorly executed on a regular basis. Always seems to me the reason why NZ are so far ahead, even their props can chuck it around more than most NH backlines.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Rugby on 13:23 - Oct 5 with 1537 viewsagentp

Rugby on 11:37 - Oct 5 by BigManBlue

I will never understand how even the supposed elite of rugby union can barely throw a ball into a guy's hands from about eight feet away with any accuracy. Not knocking some of the technical/set piece stuff they can do, but I'm always amazed that such a basic and fundamental skill is so poorly executed on a regular basis. Always seems to me the reason why NZ are so far ahead, even their props can chuck it around more than most NH backlines.

Imagine someone smashing you in the leg repeatedly and then trying to kick a ball. In a tough game your fingers are numb after 15 minutes, while your rotator cuffs are on fire -along with your forearms. Even holding a fork after a game is tricky at times let alone throwing a ball. Watch the scores increase in line with the error count increase as a game goes on.

Who said that Fleetwood defenfder is a beast - is he F**k

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Rugby on 13:31 - Oct 5 with 1523 viewsDarth_Koont

Rugby on 13:23 - Oct 5 by agentp

Imagine someone smashing you in the leg repeatedly and then trying to kick a ball. In a tough game your fingers are numb after 15 minutes, while your rotator cuffs are on fire -along with your forearms. Even holding a fork after a game is tricky at times let alone throwing a ball. Watch the scores increase in line with the error count increase as a game goes on.

Agreed.

Not only that but you're almost always passing the ball into space for the receiver to run onto - even over a few yards. So passes have to be timed.

Easier said than done when you're in a scrap and bodies are flying around.

Rugby on 13:36 - Oct 5 with 1505 viewsagentp

Rugby on 13:31 - Oct 5 by Darth_Koont

Agreed.

Not only that but you're almost always passing the ball into space for the receiver to run onto - even over a few yards. So passes have to be timed.

Easier said than done when you're in a scrap and bodies are flying around.

Absolutely!

The 'throw the ball into a guy's arms' comment made me chuckle.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Rugby on 13:40 - Oct 5 with 1494 viewsDarth_Koont

Rugby on 13:36 - Oct 5 by agentp

Absolutely!

The 'throw the ball into a guy's arms' comment made me chuckle.

If more people played the game even at a beery, old fart level or touch rugby they'd see how the game looks at ground level. It's completely different and most of the "simple things" at international pace are pretty incredible.

Rugby on 13:41 - Oct 5 with 1490 viewsStu_Magoo

Rugby is utter cack.
Rugby on 14:21 - Oct 5 with 1431 viewsBigManBlue

Rugby on 13:23 - Oct 5 by agentp

Didn't mean at all to sound like I'm knocking the physical effort those guys put in, it's self evidently pretty extraordinary. I still hold that the home nations should put more emphasis on handling though - when I watched the Ireland game there were an awful lot of first and second passes sailing up at the receivers head height, and they're supposedly the best (second best?) team in the world.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Rugby on 14:26 - Oct 5 with 1420 viewsStokieBlue

Rugby on 14:21 - Oct 5 by BigManBlue

Didn't mean at all to sound like I'm knocking the physical effort those guys put in, it's self evidently pretty extraordinary. I still hold that the home nations should put more emphasis on handling though - when I watched the Ireland game there were an awful lot of first and second passes sailing up at the receivers head height, and they're supposedly the best (second best?) team in the world.

The humidity is playing a huge part, so much so that Wales trained with baby oil on the balls. The handling would be a lot better in Europe.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024