Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am not sure what Barton said that was incorrect? 11:10 - Oct 5 with 897 viewsActionMan

This is the best Fleetwood team they've ever had, it's Ipswich's first third division team since 1957. It's not a stretch to realise this team isn't as good as what we're used to historically and I don't see any problem with that because it's true. We've had some amazing sides here. Our current squad is good enough for the third division but we'd struggle to survive in the Championship.
I am not sure what Barton said that was incorrect? on 11:12 - Oct 5 with 870 viewsDarth_Koont

Sure, but our team was worse this time last year.

Pronouns: He/Him

I am not sure what Barton said that was incorrect? on 11:16 - Oct 5 with 851 viewsTractorWood

I don't necessarily think it's untrue. It's just so mean spirited and unnecessary. We can't even enjoy a few wins after basically 20 years of decline according to him.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 11:17]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I am not sure what Barton said that was incorrect? on 11:18 - Oct 5 with 833 viewswkj

Being a tosser and saying factually correct things are not mutually exclusive.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I am not sure what Barton said that was incorrect? on 11:19 - Oct 5 with 827 viewsipswichtillidie

Barton is of course just taking the pressure of his own team and lowering expectations. We are rebuilding and so far so good. He has made a valid point in his comments clearly but I think he’s probably just trying a different approach to stir the pot. Lambert will just have put these comments out there to the squad this morning. I don’t think much else will need to be said in that dressing room for motivation. Big game today. Coyb

Gav

I am not sure what Barton said that was incorrect? on 11:19 - Oct 5 with 824 viewspointofblue

I am not sure what Barton said that was incorrect? on 11:12 - Oct 5 by Darth_Koont

Sure, but our team was worse this time last year.

Possibly but only thanks to Vincent-Young. Possibly Garbutt too. The rest of the squad is the one which wasn’t good enough for the Championship. Norwood so far has shown nothing to prove he’ll be an upgrade on a fit Keane, Quaner or Sears at Championship level whilst Bialkowski at his best is better than Holy.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I am not sure what Barton said that was incorrect? on 11:25 - Oct 5 with 787 viewssparks

I am not sure what Barton said that was incorrect? on 11:19 - Oct 5 by pointofblue

Possibly but only thanks to Vincent-Young. Possibly Garbutt too. The rest of the squad is the one which wasn’t good enough for the Championship. Norwood so far has shown nothing to prove he’ll be an upgrade on a fit Keane, Quaner or Sears at Championship level whilst Bialkowski at his best is better than Holy.

Whether he is right or not, I don't understand why he is allowed to continue in football after the betting stuff.

A local manager was banned for two years at semi pro level for similar.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024