Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’ve only just seen this Liverpool ‘penalty’ 22:48 - Oct 5 with 1927 viewsFtnfwest

I’m not exactly a Leicester fan but that was ridiculous. How can the mighty VAR not overturn that? Mane just stuck his foot on the floor, twisted it a bit and fell over
I’ve only just seen this Liverpool ‘penalty’ on 23:24 - Oct 5 with 1831 viewsleftback

But albrighton kicked him
I’ve only just seen this Liverpool ‘penalty’ on 23:31 - Oct 5 with 1809 viewsFtnfwest

I’ve only just seen this Liverpool ‘penalty’ on 23:24 - Oct 5 by leftback

You must be right as Mane was in complete agony after Albrighton touched him, until the decision was confirmed
I’ve only just seen this Liverpool ‘penalty’ on 01:53 - Oct 6 with 1689 viewsIllinoisblue

Penalty all day long.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I’ve only just seen this Liverpool ‘penalty’ on 08:11 - Oct 6 with 1524 viewsStokieBlue

I’ve only just seen this Liverpool ‘penalty’ on 23:31 - Oct 5 by Ftnfwest

You must be right as Mane was in complete agony after Albrighton touched him, until the decision was confirmed

I've not seen it but since when did someone have to be hurt for it to be a penalty?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I’ve only just seen this Liverpool ‘penalty’ on 08:19 - Oct 6 with 1503 viewsFtnfwest

I’ve only just seen this Liverpool ‘penalty’ on 08:11 - Oct 6 by StokieBlue

I've not seen it but since when did someone have to be hurt for it to be a penalty?

SB

Not being questioned. Merely pointing out he was in agony, briefly
I’ve only just seen this Liverpool ‘penalty’ on 08:19 - Oct 6 with 1509 viewsitfcjoe

I’ve only just seen this Liverpool ‘penalty’ on 01:53 - Oct 6 by Illinoisblue

Penalty all day long.

Really?! He gets a tap on his standing leg, then takes the ball away with his other one before chucking himself to the ground

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I’ve only just seen this Liverpool ‘penalty’ on 08:46 - Oct 6 with 1428 viewsDarkHorse

It was both a penalty and a dive.
I’ve only just seen this Liverpool ‘penalty’ on 09:22 - Oct 6 with 1352 viewsHerbivore

I’ve only just seen this Liverpool ‘penalty’ on 08:46 - Oct 6 by DarkHorse

It was both a penalty and a dive.

How so? Contact does not equal a foul. Football is a contact sport.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

I’ve only just seen this Liverpool ‘penalty’ on 09:32 - Oct 6 with 1323 viewsFtnfwest

I’ve only just seen this Liverpool ‘penalty’ on 09:22 - Oct 6 by Herbivore

How so? Contact does not equal a foul. Football is a contact sport.

Indeed. In any event i guess what I was originally driving at is that ultimately VAR can tell us when someone’s toenail is offside 30 seconds before a ‘goal’ is scored but not when someone’s blatantly play acting
I’ve only just seen this Liverpool ‘penalty’ on 09:43 - Oct 6 with 1299 viewsm14_blue

I’ve only just seen this Liverpool ‘penalty’ on 08:19 - Oct 6 by itfcjoe

Really?! He gets a tap on his standing leg, then takes the ball away with his other one before chucking himself to the ground

This.

If any contact between legs in the box is now a pen then they need to make that clear in the rules.

He wasn’t impeded in any way and threw himself to the ground 2 seconds later. VAR will pick up the slightest contact and therefore back up the decision but that’s not the sport I want football to be.
I’ve only just seen this Liverpool ‘penalty’ on 10:52 - Oct 6 with 1243 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I’ve only just seen this Liverpool ‘penalty’ on 01:53 - Oct 6 by Illinoisblue

Penalty all day long.

Was it bullocks.

A terrible decision.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

I’ve only just seen this Liverpool ‘penalty’ on 12:59 - Oct 6 with 1169 viewsWickets

Bit of a trick one as Mane did get caught but it took 10 seconds for him to decide to hit the deck !
I’ve only just seen this Liverpool ‘penalty’ on 13:23 - Oct 6 with 1145 viewsTrequartista

I’ve only just seen this Liverpool ‘penalty’ on 23:24 - Oct 5 by leftback

The contact was not enough to impede him.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

I’ve only just seen this Liverpool ‘penalty’ on 13:24 - Oct 6 with 1144 viewsHerbivore

I’ve only just seen this Liverpool ‘penalty’ on 13:23 - Oct 6 by Trequartista

The contact was not enough to impede him.

Correct. Blimey, we agree on something.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I’ve only just seen this Liverpool ‘penalty’ on 13:25 - Oct 6 with 1143 viewsTrequartista

VAR won't overturn anything where there is contact.

"There was contact" is one of the big problems of the modern game. The rules are there to stop a player *impeding* another player. As soon as you say that "there was contact" means it is a foul, you just permit players falling to the ground when they were not actually impeded, as was the case with Mane's ridiculous dive.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024