Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A warm glow........ 09:24 - Oct 6 with 10265 viewsArnieM

Oh my God! 😮, is this really happening? Are Town REALLY 7 points clear, ( in the automatic promotion slots), with a game in hand, a quarter of the way through the season. We haven’t even got out of 2nd gear yet, from the games I’ve seen.

How things have changed since the Messiah, Paul Lambert took over less than a year ago. I now look forward to games, and walk to the ground with a spring in my step. Mind you , it’s been so long, so very long, in fact over 15years since Town fans have had anything to shout or get excited about, that even now, I still can’t allow myself to believe we will win when that whistle goes. It’s almost as if I’m a participant in wonderful dream, but if I turn over , the magic will evaporate, and I’ll wake up to find we still have the boring Mr McCarthy here at Portman Road, with the Yorkshireman’s ethos of , “we start wi a point, and il take that all day long”! Playing with 9 men behind the ball at home, rarely venturing over the half way line.

Under Paul Lambert, we now have glimpses of “ sexy” football ( McCarthy). We have wing backs that attack, we have Skuse showing his true Calibre, and 2 strikers terrorising defences. We have Chambers playing in a back three, showing that he is a good player, and leader. And we have a goal keeper that can finally catch and kick the ball! But best all of all, we have a manager that respects the fans, communicates with the fans, and engages with us, the like of which we haven’t seen since Bobby Robson’s days. The players are at one with the fans, and the fans are making THAT atmosphere happen again.

Of yes, it’s such a privilege to be a Town fan. We have our Club back in spades and Portman Road ROCKS again.

We are Ipswich.........are the “Town going UP”? If not, it’s going to be a helluva couple of teams that’s going stop us!
[Post edited 6 Oct 2019 9:53]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

It will be higher... on 21:02 - Oct 6 with 568 viewsunstableblue

Oh Darth... it’s been a while... but here goes again on 15:56 - Oct 6 by BackToRussia

Our average home attendance was 20k in 2015, doubt it will be that high this year.

... we've already got a higher average than 14/15.... albeit that has Sunderland in it

People are getting interested in Town again.. I reckon were going to get 19k+ for Rotherham (?!) in a few weeks!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Oh Darth... it’s been a while... but here goes again on 21:05 - Oct 6 with 566 viewslongtimefan

Oh Darth... it’s been a while... but here goes again on 20:19 - Oct 6 by blueislander

We now have Woolfenden, CVY, and Garbutt in defense. A plethora of talented midfielders. They may not be the finished article as were the ones you mention, but given time I think they will prove to be at least their equals.

“We now have Woolfenden, CVY, and Garbutt in defense”

One of which isn’t our player!
It will be higher... on 21:39 - Oct 6 with 534 viewsBackToRussia

It will be higher... on 21:02 - Oct 6 by unstableblue

... we've already got a higher average than 14/15.... albeit that has Sunderland in it

People are getting interested in Town again.. I reckon were going to get 19k+ for Rotherham (?!) in a few weeks!

Um, how can we have a higher than 20k average if we've only got one gate over 20k so far out of 6 home games?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

A warm glow........ on 23:20 - Oct 6 with 490 viewsrkc123

A warm glow........ on 13:27 - Oct 6 by Herbivore

Mick also achieved very similar in his first 3 years here in terms of getting the fans on board. People have short memories.

Yeah as others have said the last year under Mick seems to have clouded the memories of what came before. I hadn't felt as proud of a town team as I did in 2014/15 for a very long time, I remember loving how we had this team assembled for 10K that found a way to get results with mostly hard work and a little flash of real quality here and there.
A warm glow........ on 00:02 - Oct 7 with 474 viewspatrickswell

A warm glow........ on 11:44 - Oct 6 by strikalite

Good luck with the new job,quite a journey from Kent...

Yeah very winnable if yesterday was just a blip, not sure what's wrong with MK, expected them to be up there this season..

Indeed! The role covers Kent and South East, but the head office is in the North West. Fingers crossed it goes well.

The only game I’ve got to this season was Bolton, because I wanted to do some more Northern games. However, I went by The A-roads, cocked up my leaving time and didn’t arrive till half time. Even with all the caveats about Bolton’s team that day, I was very appreciative of getting to see four goals from an 11 hour round trip to see 45 minutes of football. Hopefully, I should have better luck if I get a ticket for the Colchester match.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024