Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League 1 table from this time last season !!! 09:54 - Oct 6 with 4908 viewsCaptMickMills

Don't count our chickens yet!!!!

None of top 5 at this stage last season went up.

Portsmouth had almost identical record to us currently!

Keep feet on ground and take game at a time! Good old cliche.
League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 09:57 - Oct 6 with 4439 viewstractordownsouth

Walsall and Scunthorpe fell apart a bit!

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 11:09 - Oct 6 with 4265 viewsActionMan

That's probably the most worrying post I've seen. I hadn't realised Portsmouth had achieved exactly what we have last season and not gone up. I still expect Portsmouth and Sunderland to recover this season yet too and Peterborough to be a real threat.
League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 11:34 - Oct 6 with 4210 viewsEdmundo

League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 11:09 - Oct 6 by ActionMan

That's probably the most worrying post I've seen. I hadn't realised Portsmouth had achieved exactly what we have last season and not gone up. I still expect Portsmouth and Sunderland to recover this season yet too and Peterborough to be a real threat.

Our defence is remarkable, leading to a goal difference that suggests we can maintain the progress. However, I remember a number of times we were top at this stage in the past (especially in Div two late eighties, and late nineties). Next way point to look for is 15 games, end of the first "term" / third.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 12:49 - Oct 6 with 4058 viewsActionMan

League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 11:34 - Oct 6 by Edmundo

Our defence is remarkable, leading to a goal difference that suggests we can maintain the progress. However, I remember a number of times we were top at this stage in the past (especially in Div two late eighties, and late nineties). Next way point to look for is 15 games, end of the first "term" / third.

Even in more recent times such as 2004-05 and 2014-15 where we looked certain to win the league and ended up in the Playoffs and losing out. Basically we need to keep winning for another 2 months with Ipswich luck to make it!
League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 12:55 - Oct 6 with 4042 viewsEastTownBlue

Where are Luton the in that table who ended up as champions ? The must have went on some impressive run.
League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 13:01 - Oct 6 with 4028 viewscatch74

Have a Portsmouth supporting chef, he reckons they had a number of loans until January, from their performances for Pompey they were the taken back by their parent clubs. I haven’t fact checked this. They also had their cup run too.
We have Sears, Bishop and Lankester, hopefully to come back, Lambert has also rotated the squad - be interesting to see how set Portsmouth were in their selections - did end of season fatigue play a part!?
Here’s hoping we can carry this on.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 13:03 - Oct 6 with 4015 viewsBackToRussia

Be calm... by Coco 5 Oct 2019 20:59
https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-one/05-october-2018/

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 13:29 - Oct 6 with 3911 viewspointofblue

On the plus side, from the last ten seasons five of the sides top at this stage won promotion and four made the Play Offs. The other - Tranmere - fell to eleventh.

Worryingly all four of the sides who fell into the Play Offs didn’t go up.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 15:18 - Oct 6 with 3750 viewsBlueNomad

Why the stress? Enjoy the ride.

Some on here suggested we would drop through this league.
League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 15:46 - Oct 6 with 3679 viewsstrikalite

It'll come down to injuries to key players, we didn't have another striker on the bench yesterday, if we lose Jackson we're a bit stuck upfront with just Norwood..

Desperately need Sears back, if only to come off the bench, his pace alone will see him alright in this league.
League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 18:52 - Oct 6 with 3508 viewsTheBoyBlue

Enjoying this position, but also keen not to get complacent. Hoping the players are feeling the same.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 06:51 - Oct 7 with 3281 viewsKropotkin123

What I took from that table is the team with the best defence at this point of the season will go up automatically.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 08:45 - Oct 7 with 3137 views26_Paz

None of those sides have the squad we have. Others have mentioned it on here. Look at the players on our bench and that we have to come back from injury. We've got more than adequate cover in pretty much every position, we can deal with injuries / loss of form whereas some of those from last season couldn't. Our squad is ridiculous for this league. We will be fine.

The Paz Man

League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 08:45 - Oct 7 with 3137 viewswkj

League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 08:45 - Oct 7 by 26_Paz

None of those sides have the squad we have. Others have mentioned it on here. Look at the players on our bench and that we have to come back from injury. We've got more than adequate cover in pretty much every position, we can deal with injuries / loss of form whereas some of those from last season couldn't. Our squad is ridiculous for this league. We will be fine.

Welcome back Neil.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 08:58 - Oct 7 with 3089 viewsMrTown

Anyone who is counting their chickens in October is a bit of a halfwit.

Long old way to go.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 09:00 - Oct 7 with 3078 views26_Paz

League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 08:45 - Oct 7 by wkj

Welcome back Neil.

Firstly, and once again, I am not Kinnockers.
Secondly, I am back for football posts only. Steering well clear of political posts for the foreseeable!

The Paz Man

League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 09:01 - Oct 7 with 3080 viewsHerbivore

League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 12:49 - Oct 6 by ActionMan

Even in more recent times such as 2004-05 and 2014-15 where we looked certain to win the league and ended up in the Playoffs and losing out. Basically we need to keep winning for another 2 months with Ipswich luck to make it!

At what point did we look certain to go up automatically yht year? We were top for about 3 hours on boxing day and the top 7 or 8 that year was pretty bunched up until the last month or two.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 09:08 - Oct 7 with 3051 viewsHerbivore

League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 08:58 - Oct 7 by MrTown

Anyone who is counting their chickens in October is a bit of a halfwit.

Long old way to go.

Similarly anyone who is wetting their knickers because of last year's league table is a buffoon.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 09:52 - Oct 7 with 2985 viewswkj

League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 09:00 - Oct 7 by 26_Paz

Firstly, and once again, I am not Kinnockers.
Secondly, I am back for football posts only. Steering well clear of political posts for the foreseeable!

That Glynss is keeping you away from the old rough and tumble of the old virtual backbencher section of the board ey? Don't blame her, its a sh*tshow. Uppa Towen

Crybaby

League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 10:04 - Oct 7 with 2945 viewswkj

Another abusive post on TWTD, such a band of reprobates on here

Crybaby

League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 10:36 - Oct 7 with 2863 viewsSwansea_Blue

League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 10:04 - Oct 7 by wkj

Another abusive post on TWTD, such a band of reprobates on here

I bet Phil and Gave are dead chuffed that someone's wasting their time.

It's an interesting OP!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 11:10 - Oct 7 with 2801 viewswkj

League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 10:36 - Oct 7 by Swansea_Blue

I bet Phil and Gave are dead chuffed that someone's wasting their time.

It's an interesting OP!

Forget those two, Mark must be going absolutely bananas.

Crybaby

League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 12:01 - Oct 7 with 2727 viewsSuperfrans

And on Dec 9 it still looked like this.
Yet Pompey finished 4th on 88 pts.
That was some collapse...

We certainly shouldn't be counting our chickens just yet... There is a long way to go...

1 Portsmouth P20 - 47 pts
2 Luton Town P21 - 41 pts
3 Sunderland P19 - 40 pts
4 Peterboro P21 - 39 pts
5 Barnsley P20 - 35 pts
6 DonnyR P21 - 35 pts
7 Charlton P20 - 34 pts
8 Blackpool P20 - 34 pts
9 Wycombe P21 - 31 pts
10 Walsall P21 - 30 pts

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 12:33 - Oct 7 with 2668 viewsSuperblue95

League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 12:01 - Oct 7 by Superfrans

And on Dec 9 it still looked like this.
Yet Pompey finished 4th on 88 pts.
That was some collapse...

We certainly shouldn't be counting our chickens just yet... There is a long way to go...

1 Portsmouth P20 - 47 pts
2 Luton Town P21 - 41 pts
3 Sunderland P19 - 40 pts
4 Peterboro P21 - 39 pts
5 Barnsley P20 - 35 pts
6 DonnyR P21 - 35 pts
7 Charlton P20 - 34 pts
8 Blackpool P20 - 34 pts
9 Wycombe P21 - 31 pts
10 Walsall P21 - 30 pts

Not as impressive as Walsalls collapse. Must have been reasonably happy thinking they had an outside shot at the play offs.

10 months later they are getting spanked at home by Salford

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 20:31 - Oct 7 with 2409 viewsTheBoyBlue

League 1 table from this time last season !!! on 12:33 - Oct 7 by Superblue95

Not as impressive as Walsalls collapse. Must have been reasonably happy thinking they had an outside shot at the play offs.

10 months later they are getting spanked at home by Salford

And Scunthorpe couldn't have expected to have been in the position they are a year ago.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024