Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New chant 11:02 - Oct 6 with 2183 viewsSamWhiteUK

We are Ipswich Town FC,
Me and him and them and me,
We'll show you what we can do
With a football pitch and the super blues

Stop the ball at the back,
Then we'll move it quickly forward to attack,
In the net and we'll all scream
We are ITFC

New chant on 11:53 - Oct 6 with 2120 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Christ.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Doesn't even scan ffs on 11:57 - Oct 6 with 2114 viewsDyland

(runs away)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Doesn't even scan ffs on 11:59 - Oct 6 with 2108 viewsjeera

Doesn't even scan ffs on 11:57 - Oct 6 by Dyland

(runs away)

That's the least of its concern.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Doesn't even scan ffs on 12:04 - Oct 6 with 2086 viewsSamWhiteUK

(runs away)

Not sure if you're being serious or not
New chant on 12:05 - Oct 6 with 2086 viewsmidastouch

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Doesn't even scan ffs on 12:14 - Oct 6 with 2056 viewsSamWhiteUK

Doesn't even scan ffs on 11:59 - Oct 6 by jeera

That's the least of its concern.

While I just had fun making this up, looking at this forum I have literally NO idea what people want from a chant.

You come up with something original, it's rubbish. You come up with something to a well known tune, and you get "oh, club blah already sing this". Either it has too many players' names in, or not enough. I guess we're stuck with the ones we have then
Doesn't even scan ffs on 12:21 - Oct 6 with 2036 viewsjeera

Doesn't even scan ffs on 12:14 - Oct 6 by SamWhiteUK

While I just had fun making this up, looking at this forum I have literally NO idea what people want from a chant.

You come up with something original, it's rubbish. You come up with something to a well known tune, and you get "oh, club blah already sing this". Either it has too many players' names in, or not enough. I guess we're stuck with the ones we have then

It's no more than light-hearted ribbing. I wouldn't take it to heart.

But to be fair, " In the net and we'll all scream", isn't too far removed from, "Yay, we've scored a goal", so you might want to consider that before you find yourself writing something about scrimmages.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Doesn't even scan ffs on 12:29 - Oct 6 with 2019 viewsSamWhiteUK

Doesn't even scan ffs on 12:21 - Oct 6 by jeera

It's no more than light-hearted ribbing. I wouldn't take it to heart.

But to be fair, " In the net and we'll all scream", isn't too far removed from, "Yay, we've scored a goal", so you might want to consider that before you find yourself writing something about scrimmages.

Oh I'm not taking it to heart - in fact I posted here for a laugh as I knew it'd get ripped on. I just realised in doing so that I've never seen a chant get accepted by the TWTD judging panel
Login to get fewer ads

Doesn't even scan ffs on 14:13 - Oct 6 with 1928 viewsEly_Blue

Doesn't even scan ffs on 12:29 - Oct 6 by SamWhiteUK

Oh I'm not taking it to heart - in fact I posted here for a laugh as I knew it'd get ripped on. I just realised in doing so that I've never seen a chant get accepted by the TWTD judging panel

How about sticking to chants that people will actually get the hang of, I’ve seen videos from the Tranmere game where the guys in section 6 are singing in a group of around 50-60 where the song is sung so fast and disjointed that even the rest of the SBRL can’t pick it up, what hope have the rest got with some obscure chant?

Slightly different at an away game where there are only circa 1k ish hardcore fans

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Doesn't even scan ffs on 14:41 - Oct 6 with 1892 viewsfactual_blue

(runs away)

Of course top boys would sing

We are Ipswich Town FC,
Me and him and them and me,
We'll show you what we can do
In the Barclay End with a snooker cue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

New chant on 16:06 - Oct 6 with 1822 viewsPecker

That is as poor as I have read. Please do not try this again, it clearly isn't your forte.
New chant on 11:12 - Oct 7 with 1599 viewsSamWhiteUK

New chant on 16:06 - Oct 6 by Pecker

That is as poor as I have read. Please do not try this again, it clearly isn't your forte.

Wrong
Doesn't even scan ffs on 11:35 - Oct 7 with 1552 viewsHarryWright

Doesn't even scan ffs on 12:14 - Oct 6 by SamWhiteUK

Very true, I don't think you should look at twtd as a place for advocating chants it seems as if every chant created by Ipswich fans is terrible but also we don't have enough original songs whilst failing to provide any good chants themselves. (as you've already mentioned)

It's actually this attitude for the most part that would stop us from creating original chants. I think some people want a professional songwriter to come along and create a song that's lyrically perfect otherwise it's a no go. Ed Sheeran has time off so maybe he could create some?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024