Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nolan or Judge? 11:17 - Oct 6 with 3633 viewsBackToRussia

Not even close at the moment, is it?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Nolan or Judge? on 11:19 - Oct 6 with 3623 viewsBarneycurley

Peas or custard?

Maureen Maureen my love

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Nolan or Judge? on 11:20 - Oct 6 with 3610 viewsBackToRussia

Nolan or Judge? on 11:19 - Oct 6 by Barneycurley

Peas or custard?

Maureen Maureen my love

Why not both? https://www.chowhound.com/recipes/pea-custard-salad-30439

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Nolan or Judge? on 11:22 - Oct 6 with 3604 viewsEdmundo

Not only is Nolan on form, Judge just b*ggers up the shape. You've got to be a far better player than he is currently to justify a "free" role.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Nolan or Judge? on 11:25 - Oct 6 with 3585 viewsBackToRussia

Nolan or Judge? on 11:22 - Oct 6 by Edmundo

Not only is Nolan on form, Judge just b*ggers up the shape. You've got to be a far better player than he is currently to justify a "free" role.

We could have played Judge where Nolan played yesterday, but I don't think he would have had as much influence on the game as Nolan did. Nolan is also a lot more mobile than Judge, something that will mean he is more suited to Championship football too. The longer we stay in the top 2 the more we have to think about that. I just don't see it with Judge, his legs look gone.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Nolan or Judge? on 11:26 - Oct 6 with 3578 viewsBarneycurley

Nolan or Judge? on 11:20 - Oct 6 by BackToRussia

Why not both? https://www.chowhound.com/recipes/pea-custard-salad-30439

That's a massive faff when you can just heat up peas and bung them in the custard.

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Nolan or Judge? on 11:32 - Oct 6 with 3551 viewsGarv

I disagree. Judge will have his moments, as he did against Tranmere. He basically set up Nolan's goal.

No denying Nolan is doing the business at the moment though.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Nolan or Judge? on 11:35 - Oct 6 with 3521 viewsclive_baker

Nolan or Judge? on 11:25 - Oct 6 by BackToRussia

We could have played Judge where Nolan played yesterday, but I don't think he would have had as much influence on the game as Nolan did. Nolan is also a lot more mobile than Judge, something that will mean he is more suited to Championship football too. The longer we stay in the top 2 the more we have to think about that. I just don't see it with Judge, his legs look gone.

I think we’re very fortunate to have both at this level, they could equally have been starting in the championship yesterday as Judge has demonstrated for years and with the summer interest from QPR, and Nolan looked bright in a pony side last season. I really like Judge, his ability on the ball is a huge weapon but Nolan does a lot more off the ball that’s invaluable. It’s a nice problem to have. It’s mad when you consider Dozzell & Huws can’t get in the side, I’m convinced both would start for most teams at this level. Bishop, Lancaster and Sears still yet to come back too who will add depth, and perhaps in Sears’ case there are reasons to believe he will add more than depth. If he can find his pre injury form he could well be a regular starter again and tear up L1 in the new year. We’ve got great depth and anything less than top 2 this season would be a failure. We just need to keep the wheels turning and take 1 game at a time.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Nolan or Judge? on 11:43 - Oct 6 with 3477 viewsEdmundo

Nolan or Judge? on 11:35 - Oct 6 by clive_baker

I think we’re very fortunate to have both at this level, they could equally have been starting in the championship yesterday as Judge has demonstrated for years and with the summer interest from QPR, and Nolan looked bright in a pony side last season. I really like Judge, his ability on the ball is a huge weapon but Nolan does a lot more off the ball that’s invaluable. It’s a nice problem to have. It’s mad when you consider Dozzell & Huws can’t get in the side, I’m convinced both would start for most teams at this level. Bishop, Lancaster and Sears still yet to come back too who will add depth, and perhaps in Sears’ case there are reasons to believe he will add more than depth. If he can find his pre injury form he could well be a regular starter again and tear up L1 in the new year. We’ve got great depth and anything less than top 2 this season would be a failure. We just need to keep the wheels turning and take 1 game at a time.

Forgot about the injurit's still coming back. Will be good to see who gets a go on Tuesday: hopefully we give the whole team from today a rest. Except maybe Jackson, who is on fire and has the confidence to fill his boots and get even more goals.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Login to get fewer ads

Nolan or Judge? on 11:47 - Oct 6 with 3462 viewsFixed_It

Nolan or Judge? on 11:25 - Oct 6 by BackToRussia

I really don't think his 'legs look gone'. He's a class player but needs to get a goal as I think he's trying too hard at the moment, hence his lack of positional discipline. But I agree that we are fortunate to have other options.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Nolan or Judge? on 11:48 - Oct 6 with 3453 viewsBackToRussia

Nolan or Judge? on 11:32 - Oct 6 by Garv

I disagree. Judge will have his moments, as he did against Tranmere. He basically set up Nolan's goal.

No denying Nolan is doing the business at the moment though.

Are "moments" enough to compete with Nolan's overall game? Judge is no doubt better technically than Nolan, and able to pull off better one-off passes, but over the course of the season, I know who I'd rather hang my hat on.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Nolan or Judge? on 11:49 - Oct 6 with 3440 viewsBackToRussia

Nolan or Judge? on 11:47 - Oct 6 by Fixed_It

I really don't think his 'legs look gone'. He's a class player but needs to get a goal as I think he's trying too hard at the moment, hence his lack of positional discipline. But I agree that we are fortunate to have other options.

No? I just don't see how he can get up and down the pitch in the way the Championship demands. I've no problems with him being used in rotation this season, but have serious doubts he could cut it physically if we go up.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Nolan or Judge? on 11:54 - Oct 6 with 3401 viewsmidastouch

Based on current form it's a bit like saying KVY or Kenlock! ;-)

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Nolan or Judge? on 12:06 - Oct 6 with 3368 viewsGarv

Nolan or Judge? on 11:48 - Oct 6 by BackToRussia

Are "moments" enough to compete with Nolan's overall game? Judge is no doubt better technically than Nolan, and able to pull off better one-off passes, but over the course of the season, I know who I'd rather hang my hat on.

Probably not, but one of those passes could decide a game.

The beauty is I don't think we'll have to hang our hats on either of them, because they're both fit and both good players.

Wilson or Woolfenden, Edwards or Rowe, Judge or Nolan. All tight calls. On the evidence so far, Lambert can trust the majority of the squad to perform.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Nolan or Judge? on 12:23 - Oct 6 with 3312 viewsclive_baker

Nolan or Judge? on 11:43 - Oct 6 by Edmundo

Forgot about the injurit's still coming back. Will be good to see who gets a go on Tuesday: hopefully we give the whole team from today a rest. Except maybe Jackson, who is on fire and has the confidence to fill his boots and get even more goals.

Tuesday certainly would be a good opportunity for the likes of Norris, Georgiou, Huws, Dozzell, Edwards, Kenlock etc to get some minutes.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Nolan or Judge? on 12:26 - Oct 6 with 3296 viewsbournemouthblue

can you throw Danny Rowe into the mix also, he always looks quite positive off the bench?

Hopefully he features more over the season

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Nolan or Judge? on 17:03 - Oct 6 with 3046 viewsArnieM

Nolan brings more to the team and he sticks to the job he’s been asked to do. Unlike “ look at me”, Judge.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Nolan or Judge? on 17:26 - Oct 6 with 2979 viewsKeaneish

Nolan or Judge? on 17:03 - Oct 6 by ArnieM

Nolan brings more to the team and he sticks to the job he’s been asked to do. Unlike “ look at me”, Judge.

Which didn’t work 45 minutes yesterday until he started dropping deeper.

I’d play both. Diamond with Judge at number 10 and Nolan alongside Downes.

Judge isn’t playing anywhere near as badly as some make out. He has the ability. Keep playing him regularly and it’ll come. “Class is permanent, form is temporary” as they say and it’s hardly like it’s detrimental to the team (playing number 10) or our results.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Nolan or Judge? on 17:52 - Oct 6 with 2939 viewsHerbivore

Nolan or Judge? on 12:06 - Oct 6 by Garv

Probably not, but one of those passes could decide a game.

The beauty is I don't think we'll have to hang our hats on either of them, because they're both fit and both good players.

Wilson or Woolfenden, Edwards or Rowe, Judge or Nolan. All tight calls. On the evidence so far, Lambert can trust the majority of the squad to perform.

I don't see Nolan or Judge as a tight call currently. Nolan has been very good almost every time he's played and has weighed in with goals and has been creating chances. Judge hasn't had anything like that impact. At present if they are competing for one spot it's a no brainer.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Nolan or Judge? on 17:52 - Oct 6 with 2935 viewsHerbivore

Nolan or Judge? on 12:23 - Oct 6 by clive_baker

Tuesday certainly would be a good opportunity for the likes of Norris, Georgiou, Huws, Dozzell, Edwards, Kenlock etc to get some minutes.

I'd give Judge a game as well. Good chance to try and find some form in a game with no real pressure on it.

Nolan or Judge? on 17:55 - Oct 6 with 2929 viewsHerbivore

Nolan or Judge? on 17:26 - Oct 6 by Keaneish

Which didn’t work 45 minutes yesterday until he started dropping deeper.

I’d play both. Diamond with Judge at number 10 and Nolan alongside Downes.

Judge isn’t playing anywhere near as badly as some make out. He has the ability. Keep playing him regularly and it’ll come. “Class is permanent, form is temporary” as they say and it’s hardly like it’s detrimental to the team (playing number 10) or our results.

He's not done enough for us to build our shape around him. He's played 30 or so times for us and has no goals and two or three assists. How regularly does he have to play before it starts to pay off? I know you think he's the best player at the club, but that view is just wrong.

Nolan or Judge? on 18:39 - Oct 6 with 2885 viewsTheBoyBlue

If Judge clicks, definitely Judge.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024