Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. 11:38 - Oct 6 with 4767 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

That has potential to be the worst ref I have ever seen. That tackle on Nolan isn't even up for debate, even Joey Barton said it was a penalty.

Then the swipe on Kayden Jackson right in front of our fans, they went up the other end and had a really good chance. League ones refs are just as bad as I imagined.

Oh well, at least we won.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 11:41 - Oct 6 with 4739 viewssolemio

In fairness this one seems to have been unusually dreadful.
Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 20:32 - Oct 6 with 4515 viewsportmanpensioner

He is up there with the ref at Luton as the worst so far
Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 21:03 - Oct 6 with 4458 viewswkj

Aiye, I made a post about 60m into the match, although some thought I was deflecting the town performance which was very weird, but hey ho, we managed to get 3 points when a lot was going against us.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 05:08 - Oct 7 with 4310 viewsBlue_Moses

He stopped the game after 1 second because kick off wasn't taken properly. I know it's the law but come on
Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 09:05 - Oct 7 with 4185 viewsWickets

And for this level he is quite experienced as he was a Championship ref up untill 2016 !
Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 10:39 - Oct 7 with 4093 viewsbahri

Most referees get a lot of unnecessary criticism, particularly on the T.V. where the performance is over analysed. Also, referees can have bad games as do players, but no allowance is made. The referee himself/herself will know when that happens.
However, the ref on Saturday didn't cover himself in glory.
What amazes me the amount of ex-professional players that don't know the laws of the game.
For example- You cannot score an own goal from a direct free-kick. If the ball goes in the goal (and nobody else has touched it) it's a corner.
I think the referees do the best they can and genuinely give decisions as they see them.
Let's face it in any given game they will only please 50% of the players/supporters etc.

redandella

Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 12:09 - Oct 7 with 3998 viewsBryanPlug

Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 20:32 - Oct 6 by portmanpensioner

He is up there with the ref at Luton as the worst so far

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 12:28 - Oct 7 with 3966 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 10:39 - Oct 7 by bahri

Most referees get a lot of unnecessary criticism, particularly on the T.V. where the performance is over analysed. Also, referees can have bad games as do players, but no allowance is made. The referee himself/herself will know when that happens.
What amazes me the amount of ex-professional players that don't know the laws of the game.
For example- You cannot score an own goal from a direct free-kick. If the ball goes in the goal (and nobody else has touched it) it's a corner.
I think the referees do the best they can and genuinely give decisions as they see them.
Let's face it in any given game they will only please 50% of the players/supporters etc.

Agree with that but they seem to get lots of significant (and often clear cut) decisions wrong at this level. The standard is poor in every respect!
Login to get fewer ads

Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 14:07 - Oct 7 with 3876 viewslongtimefan

Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 10:39 - Oct 7 by bahri

There were two laws that always seemed to confuse players when I was a Ref. Firstly, many seemed to think winning the toss allowed them to chose to kick-off. Secondly, few seemed to realise that the law about the ball leaving the penalty area for a goal kick (now rescinded) applied equally to a free kick within the area. Nowadays the law that seems to confuse spectators the most is that a player who receives treatment doesn't have to leave the field if the opponent who caused the injury was cautioned (provided treatment doesn't overly delay the restart).

Edit: Spelling correction - neatly pointed out by Catch74
[Post edited 8 Oct 2019 9:20]
Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 14:35 - Oct 7 with 3847 viewsbahri

Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 12:28 - Oct 7 by PrideOfTheEast

Agree with that but they seem to get lots of significant (and often clear cut) decisions wrong at this level. The standard is poor in every respect!

Saturday aside, I think the standard has been fairly good. No worse than the championship.

redandella

Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 14:38 - Oct 7 with 3841 viewswkj

Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 14:35 - Oct 7 by bahri

Saturday aside, I think the standard has been fairly good. No worse than the championship.

I tend to agree too. The fleetwood ref is definately an outlier so far

Crybaby

Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 15:02 - Oct 7 with 3813 viewsIpswichKnight

Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 14:38 - Oct 7 by wkj

I tend to agree too. The fleetwood ref is definately an outlier so far

Yeah the Donny ref was actually better than most of the dross we got in the championship. did like the twitter quote I read about Saturdays ref "Stevie Wonder would have given them and I don't even know if he likes football"
Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 16:19 - Oct 7 with 3758 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Really? I think it's significantly worse.
Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 16:28 - Oct 7 with 3742 viewsHerbivore

I'd agree with that. Not been too bad overall with the exception of Saturday. Some of the refereeing last season was far worse. *Cough* Keith Stroud *cough*

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 19:14 - Oct 7 with 3642 viewsMattinLondon

Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 14:07 - Oct 7 by longtimefan

There were two laws that always seemed to confuse players when I was a Ref. Firstly, many seemed to think winning the toss allowed them to chose to kick-off. Secondly, few seemed to realise that the law about the ball leaving the penalty area for a goal kick (now rescinded) applied equally to a free kick within the area. Nowadays the law that seems to confuse spectators the most is that a player who receives treatment doesn't have to leave the field if the opponent who caused the injury was cautioned (provided treatment doesn't overly delay the restart).

Edit: Spelling correction - neatly pointed out by Catch74
[Post edited 8 Oct 2019 9:20]

It doesn’t allow them to choose to kickoff? I always thought that it did. Who chooses to kickoff then?
Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 19:21 - Oct 7 with 3627 viewsPJH

Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 19:14 - Oct 7 by MattinLondon

It doesn’t allow them to choose to kickoff? I always thought that it did. Who chooses to kickoff then?

I used to think that if you won the toss you could either choose which end to defend or choose to kick off but seemingly winning the toss gives you the choice of ends and losing it means you kick off.
Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 19:36 - Oct 7 with 3605 viewsMattinLondon

Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 19:21 - Oct 7 by PJH

I used to think that if you won the toss you could either choose which end to defend or choose to kick off but seemingly winning the toss gives you the choice of ends and losing it means you kick off.

It’s amazing isn’t it - been watching football for thirty or so years and I still don’t know some of the laws. Saying that the offside law baffles me but when the keeper isn’t the last man (not sure if that makes sense or not).
Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 20:27 - Oct 7 with 3551 viewswkj

Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 19:36 - Oct 7 by MattinLondon

It’s amazing isn’t it - been watching football for thirty or so years and I still don’t know some of the laws. Saying that the offside law baffles me but when the keeper isn’t the last man (not sure if that makes sense or not).

Bloody Fifa used to make it so you chose to kick off, or if you lost the toss you chose the end to attack. This was news to me too

Crybaby

Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 23:32 - Oct 7 with 3489 viewswkj

The BBC just posted one of a quirk in Northern Irish rules where a player gets a yellow if they don't leave the pitch at the closest point to them. Chap ended up getting a red as he was on a yellow. What a weird, yet some how appealing rule.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/49960000

Crybaby

Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 06:05 - Oct 8 with 3428 viewsBlueStreak

Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 19:21 - Oct 7 by PJH

Rules have changed this year which means you can now chose to have kick off.
Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 08:18 - Oct 8 with 3376 viewscatch74

Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 06:05 - Oct 8 by BlueStreak

Ah - so that’s been re-cindered’ too!

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 08:55 - Oct 8 with 3340 viewsPJH

Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 06:05 - Oct 8 by BlueStreak

Well I had spent about 60 years of my life thinking that you always had that choice, recently discovered that you didn't and now you tell me this!
Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 09:17 - Oct 8 with 3322 viewslongtimefan

Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 08:55 - Oct 8 by PJH

Well I had spent about 60 years of my life thinking that you always had that choice, recently discovered that you didn't and now you tell me this!

The clue was in my statement "when I was a Ref". That was quite a few years ago now.

Actually, in reality, I had no idea that law had been changed this year . Just shows you need to keep on top of these things!
Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 09:21 - Oct 8 with 3310 viewswkj

Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 09:17 - Oct 8 by longtimefan

The clue was in my statement "when I was a Ref". That was quite a few years ago now.

Actually, in reality, I had no idea that law had been changed this year . Just shows you need to keep on top of these things!

Mr Stroud doesn't know the laws of the game either... you're Keith arent you!

Crybaby

Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 09:24 - Oct 8 with 3306 viewslongtimefan

Has the ref been mentioned on here yet. on 09:21 - Oct 8 by wkj

Mr Stroud doesn't know the laws of the game either... you're Keith arent you!

I suspect he knows them...he's just not very good at implementing them
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024