Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you think we can keep Garbutt?? 18:13 - Oct 6 with 3014 viewsunstableblue

He has really impressed me. He looks like a good quality Championship player?

Albeit he is better with a back 3.

Amazing that Georgiou has not made the team, shows the strength of our squad, which unlike others I think is better than last season by some way.

I still think our best 11 should have Huws in it. It has been a real bonus that we have not had to throw Huws into the team, his recovery must be there.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Do you think we can keep Garbutt?? on 18:16 - Oct 6 with 2984 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Potentially. He seems happy here.

I just imagine he is on a decent wage.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Do you think we can keep Garbutt?? on 18:16 - Oct 6 with 2988 viewsclive_baker

We should have a good sniff if we go up. He’ll be out of contract and available on a free, he’ll be 27 by then and really needs to sign for someone where he can be confident he’ll play. We should be an attractive proposition in that respect, and at Championship level and off the back of a good year here you would think it would be a good fit for both parties.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Do you think we can keep Garbutt?? on 18:20 - Oct 6 with 2960 viewsTheBoyBlue

Maybe. I didn't expect to keep hold of Judge and we managed that, so if things continue going as they are, then he may fancy his chances in the Championship and may feel that having gone up with us we are his best bet from a footballing prospective.

Only hope that a) we go up and b) that wages don't price us out of it.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Do you think we can keep Garbutt?? on 18:21 - Oct 6 with 2951 viewswkj

If we go up, I think it is likely, if we do not go up, I reckon a lower Championship team will fancy him. Wigan seems to like killing our dreams with transfer signings.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Do you think we can keep Garbutt?? on 18:26 - Oct 6 with 2932 viewsmichaeldownunder

A lot will depend on where he wants to live.
He could get in most c/ship match day 18's. so he will have a few clubs to pick from as he is going to be a free agent.
Do you think we can keep Garbutt?? on 00:32 - Oct 7 with 2598 viewsIllinoisblue

I’ll make my joke again as it gets funnier; Everton will need him in the Championship

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Do you think we can keep Garbutt?? on 06:42 - Oct 7 with 2394 viewsEly_Blue

Do you think we can keep Garbutt?? on 00:32 - Oct 7 by Illinoisblue

I’ll make my joke again as it gets funnier; Everton will need him in the Championship

I was thinking exactly the same lol

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Do you think we can keep Garbutt?? on 06:49 - Oct 7 with 2386 viewswkj

Do you think we can keep Garbutt?? on 00:32 - Oct 7 by Illinoisblue

Everton have that weird habit of narrowly avoiding relegation, mind you, aston villa used to be able to say the same.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2019 7:28]

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

Do you think we can keep Garbutt?? on 07:36 - Oct 7 with 2277 viewshampstead_blue

Do you think we can keep Garbutt?? on 18:16 - Oct 6 by clive_baker

We should have a good sniff if we go up. He’ll be out of contract and available on a free, he’ll be 27 by then and really needs to sign for someone where he can be confident he’ll play. We should be an attractive proposition in that respect, and at Championship level and off the back of a good year here you would think it would be a good fit for both parties.

I'm with you.
At 27 he's attract one of the higher wage paying Champ teams. Think Waghorn and many others who have left of his profile.

Unless we do something akin to Southampton a few years back and develop and keep our own. Couple that with a core of outside and previously lesser known talent we could stand a chance of progressing into the Champ.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Do you think we can keep Garbutt?? on 08:17 - Oct 7 with 2175 viewsHerbivore

Do you think we can keep Garbutt?? on 07:36 - Oct 7 by hampstead_blue

I'm with you.
At 27 he's attract one of the higher wage paying Champ teams. Think Waghorn and many others who have left of his profile.

Unless we do something akin to Southampton a few years back and develop and keep our own. Couple that with a core of outside and previously lesser known talent we could stand a chance of progressing into the Champ.

What makes you think he'll attract a top paying Championship side? He's 27 and hasn't really played consistently at anything above League 1 level. Waghorn is a poor comparison, he'd done well at Championship level previously over a number of years. If we go up I think it's pretty likely we'll sign him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Do you think we can keep Garbutt?? on 08:28 - Oct 7 with 2146 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I think it's 80-90% he'll stay.I honestly think no worse than 50% if we don't go up. A bit like Keane now more than anything he needs a home where he knows he will play now. Last thing he'll want is to start again on a perm somewhere new.

Only a much better offer financially would change that and I don't think someone will offer him double say. Think he wants to go perm with us and think it has actually probably been discussed with him and partially agreed. I think it's clear Lambert sees him more like our perm player and partially why he was straight back in ahead of georgiou.

Great work from Lambo!

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Do you think we can keep Garbutt?? on 09:44 - Oct 7 with 2011 viewshampstead_blue

Do you think we can keep Garbutt?? on 08:17 - Oct 7 by Herbivore

What makes you think he'll attract a top paying Championship side? He's 27 and hasn't really played consistently at anything above League 1 level. Waghorn is a poor comparison, he'd done well at Championship level previously over a number of years. If we go up I think it's pretty likely we'll sign him.

I think if he proves himself for a season that will be plenty for teams to take him.

Waghorn wasn't really doing much before we got him. Pretty under performed otherwise clubs would have had him in a flash.

I think they are very similar. Both under performing, both a bargain.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Do you think we can keep Garbutt?? on 09:47 - Oct 7 with 1996 viewsHerbivore

Do you think we can keep Garbutt?? on 09:44 - Oct 7 by hampstead_blue

I think if he proves himself for a season that will be plenty for teams to take him.

Waghorn wasn't really doing much before we got him. Pretty under performed otherwise clubs would have had him in a flash.

They aren't similar at all. When did Waghorn only play at League 1 level? And he proved himself (again) with an excellent season in the Championship which then got him a move to one of the financial giants. If you think a 27 year old having a good season at League 1 having barely played above this level will earn a similar move then I can only think you've not yet grasped the gulf that exists between League 1 and the Championship.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Do you think we can keep Garbutt?? on 09:49 - Oct 7 with 1994 viewswkj

Do you think we can keep Garbutt?? on 09:44 - Oct 7 by hampstead_blue

We can't take out the factor that Garbutt might develop an appreciation for the club as he struggled to get into a L1 squad during his loan at Oxford. I think he wasn't great there due in part to the quality of players he played with. Not saying Oxford are bad, infact they are right up there with us in form right now and will be a formidable challenge when we get to them. I do feel we need to act promptly though with Garbutt, as his stock is going up as a player right now, and I would much rather have him than Kenlock if/when we go up.

Crybaby

Do you think we can keep Garbutt?? on 09:59 - Oct 7 with 1966 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Do you think we can keep Garbutt?? on 18:16 - Oct 6 by TRUE_BLUE123

Potentially. He seems happy here.

I just imagine he is on a decent wage.

5 year deal on £28k per week, which runs out next June.

£7.28 million, good work if you can get it!

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Do you think we can keep Garbutt?? on 10:08 - Oct 7 with 1934 viewshampstead_blue

Do you think we can keep Garbutt?? on 09:49 - Oct 7 by wkj

We can't take out the factor that Garbutt might develop an appreciation for the club as he struggled to get into a L1 squad during his loan at Oxford. I think he wasn't great there due in part to the quality of players he played with. Not saying Oxford are bad, infact they are right up there with us in form right now and will be a formidable challenge when we get to them. I do feel we need to act promptly though with Garbutt, as his stock is going up as a player right now, and I would much rather have him than Kenlock if/when we go up.

I'd love to keep him if he does prove himself.

Do you think we can keep Garbutt?? on 10:24 - Oct 7 with 1882 viewsiamipswich

Think Evans alluded to having already put the foundations in place for a permanent transfer in one of his statements.

I would be very surprised if he didn't stay as like others have said, he needs a home and appears to have found one where he is playing, playing well, and one which he has bought into. Would think that money is the only thing that would change this.

Poll: Who will return first?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024