Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thing is though 07:22 - Oct 7 with 4148 viewsWacko

Our squad is f*cking ridiculous for this league

We're not the same as Pompey

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Thing is though on 07:30 - Oct 7 with 4114 viewswkj

Pompey are gonna win the league this year don't you know...

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Thing is though on 07:42 - Oct 7 with 4059 viewsDanTheMan

Thing is though on 07:30 - Oct 7 by wkj

Off topic, but is your avatar from Oxygen Not Included?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Thing is though on 07:45 - Oct 7 with 4042 viewswkj

Thing is though on 07:42 - Oct 7 by DanTheMan

Off topic, but is your avatar from Oxygen Not Included?

It is indeed. I am currently doing a big Jam event with co-conspirators and we're drawing heavily from ONI in our project.

Crybaby

Thing is though on 07:51 - Oct 7 with 4022 viewsDanTheMan

Thing is though on 07:45 - Oct 7 by wkj

It is indeed. I am currently doing a big Jam event with co-conspirators and we're drawing heavily from ONI in our project.

Sounds fun. Not done a game jam before, although got a hackathon at the end of the month in Manchester.

Love ONI, especially as it's heavily influenced by Rimworld which itself is a fantastic game.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2019 7:51]

Thing is though on 07:56 - Oct 7 with 4005 viewswkj

Thing is though on 07:51 - Oct 7 by DanTheMan

Sounds fun. Not done a game jam before, although got a hackathon at the end of the month in Manchester.

Love ONI, especially as it's heavily influenced by Rimworld which itself is a fantastic game.

It is, I am a big fan of the type of game that often makes the player their own worst enemy by creating their own crisis. It makes balancing much easier when you know the player is going to be the ones giving themselves the stress.

Rimworld is another fantastic game from Indie Developers, I am so pleased the Indie revolution is still going strong. Stardew Valley, ONI, Rimworld, Factorio, and the Super Giant Games collection have really created playability unlike anything you see from most AAA titles, especially as those games appeals to a broad demographic too.

Crybaby

Thing is though on 08:00 - Oct 7 with 3980 viewsDanTheMan

Thing is though on 07:56 - Oct 7 by wkj

It is, I am a big fan of the type of game that often makes the player their own worst enemy by creating their own crisis. It makes balancing much easier when you know the player is going to be the ones giving themselves the stress.

Rimworld is another fantastic game from Indie Developers, I am so pleased the Indie revolution is still going strong. Stardew Valley, ONI, Rimworld, Factorio, and the Super Giant Games collection have really created playability unlike anything you see from most AAA titles, especially as those games appeals to a broad demographic too.

If you've not read Tynan's book, it really is worth a read.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Designing-Games-Guide-Engineering-Experiences/dp/144933

That list of games those reads like a list of my favourites. Although I've always had a soft spot for base building games.

Thing is though on 08:04 - Oct 7 with 3959 viewswkj

Thing is though on 08:00 - Oct 7 by DanTheMan

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Designing-Games-Guide-Engineering-Experiences/dp/144933

That list of games those reads like a list of my favourites. Although I've always had a soft spot for base building games.

Nice one, I will add this to the bookshelf right away (as Prime sees fit).

I really really really hope Eric Barone does a book too, as his story is probably the dream many new developer has every day of there life. His story is quite remarkable really considering he was as blue as they come when he first started working on Stardew Valley. I am good friends with a couple who worked for Ninja Kiwi and they're getting ready to release their first big title as an Indie entity, they did a few apps, but this is their first labour of love.

Crybaby

Thing is though on 08:20 - Oct 7 with 3909 viewsDanTheMan

Thing is though on 08:04 - Oct 7 by wkj

Nice one, I will add this to the bookshelf right away (as Prime sees fit).

I really really really hope Eric Barone does a book too, as his story is probably the dream many new developer has every day of there life. His story is quite remarkable really considering he was as blue as they come when he first started working on Stardew Valley. I am good friends with a couple who worked for Ninja Kiwi and they're getting ready to release their first big title as an Indie entity, they did a few apps, but this is their first labour of love.

I was one of the first people who worked on the modding for Stardew Valley as it happens. Don't know if it's still possible, but you could decompile the code as it was all C# and non-obfuscated.

Although the only mod I ever made was to do with making the grass growth random.

Login to get fewer ads

Thing is though on 08:23 - Oct 7 with 3882 viewswkj

Thing is though on 08:20 - Oct 7 by DanTheMan

I was one of the first people who worked on the modding for Stardew Valley as it happens. Don't know if it's still possible, but you could decompile the code as it was all C# and non-obfuscated.

Although the only mod I ever made was to do with making the grass growth random.

I love C# for game development, the only ever modding I did was LUA, so I have come a long way since then. I am still fully trying to come to grips with the intricacies of OOP, just as devs are starting to move away from it.

Crybaby

Thing is though on 08:28 - Oct 7 with 3862 viewsDanTheMan

Thing is though on 08:23 - Oct 7 by wkj

I love C# for game development, the only ever modding I did was LUA, so I have come a long way since then. I am still fully trying to come to grips with the intricacies of OOP, just as devs are starting to move away from it.

I don't think we're going to be moving away from it any time soon as least from a language perspective.

If you look at the later versions of C# it's adding lots of functional bits and pieces (pattern matching is starting to get very nice) whilst still being OO at it's core. It's nice that we can have mix and match.

I imagine Rust will take over C / C++ eventually.

Thing is though on 08:31 - Oct 7 with 3852 viewsKieran_Knows

Thing is though on 07:30 - Oct 7 by wkj

CNT BELEEV WE SULD ELIS HARISUN 2 DEM!?!?!?!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Thing is though on 08:34 - Oct 7 with 3832 viewswkj

Thing is though on 08:28 - Oct 7 by DanTheMan

I don't think we're going to be moving away from it any time soon as least from a language perspective.

If you look at the later versions of C# it's adding lots of functional bits and pieces (pattern matching is starting to get very nice) whilst still being OO at it's core. It's nice that we can have mix and match.

I imagine Rust will take over C / C++ eventually.

Quite possibly, although my days of devving will probably end before they get going as I will inevitably shift towards educating. I posted about it recently but it is looking like I am getting arthritis creep in and a full day of work just leaves my hands in a state by the end of the week. I didn't mean to say moving away from C# but OOP in general is showing signs of a shift in games dev land at the moment, which is a shame as I love that element of scripting when using UE and Unity.

Crybaby

Thing is though on 08:35 - Oct 7 with 3829 viewswkj

Thing is though on 08:31 - Oct 7 by Kieran_Knows

CNT BELEEV WE SULD ELIS HARISUN 2 DEM!?!?!?!

:( I was one of those. You slay me Mr_Knows.

Crybaby

Thing is though on 08:42 - Oct 7 with 3805 viewsGuthrum

I also think, if faced with a choice between the promotion campaign and a cup run, our manager may be more ruthlessly decisive than Jackett was.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Thing is though on 12:05 - Oct 7 with 3514 viewsmrshallisfit

Thing is though on 07:51 - Oct 7 by DanTheMan

I've seen a Belgium film called Rimworld. Not sure it is the same as what you talking about though.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2019 12:06]
Thing is though on 12:15 - Oct 7 with 3468 viewswkj

Thing is though on 12:05 - Oct 7 by mrshallisfit

I've seen a Belgium film called Rimworld. Not sure it is the same as what you talking about though.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2019 12:06]

Given some of the dialogue in the game, it very well could be.

Crybaby

Thing is though on 20:29 - Oct 7 with 3087 viewsTheBoyBlue

Maybe. We will be able to tell better when we lose a game. Hit the ground running again and I'd like to think that we'll be fine. However, if it starts sowing seeds of doubt then that gap will soon diminish, especially with teams like Peterborough in an upward curve.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Thing is though on 06:28 - Oct 8 with 2850 viewsCoastalblue

Thing is though on 08:00 - Oct 7 by DanTheMan

Reads like a list of my favourites too, have you tried Frostpunk? That's fun.

I've never tried Dwarf Fortress which I keep reading is one of the inspirations for a lot of these games, currently back into Civ 6 though tbh.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Thing is though on 09:15 - Oct 8 with 2693 viewswkj

Thing is though on 06:28 - Oct 8 by Coastalblue

Reads like a list of my favourites too, have you tried Frostpunk? That's fun.

I've never tried Dwarf Fortress which I keep reading is one of the inspirations for a lot of these games, currently back into Civ 6 though tbh.

Dwarf Fortress is a lot of fun too, and Frostpunk is on the "to do list" Sadly I don't really play games for fun anymore as much as I do drawing creative inspiration for my own projects, but certainly do appreciate the artistry.

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024