Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pizza Express now in trouble 13:29 - Oct 7 with 5223 viewsmonytowbray

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/pizzaexpress-hires-financial-advisers-ahead-20530

Wonder who's next? My odds are on Chimi Changas.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:30 - Oct 7 with 2678 viewsfooters

Balls. Dough balls.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:32 - Oct 7 with 2659 viewswkj

More over priced over hyped crap. Even using a double-up value nectar voucher is a waste of money here.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:33 - Oct 7 with 2650 viewsgiant_stow

I know its not a fashionable place to like, but I go all the time. Have noticed that its got a bit pricey lately and the portions seem to have got smaller. Would be sad to see it go.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:33 - Oct 7 with 2647 viewsJ2BLUE

Toby Carvery, but not until mid summer 2020

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:35 - Oct 7 with 2630 viewsfooters

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:33 - Oct 7 by J2BLUE

Not if I have anything to do with it.

Actually, come to think of it, maybe ordering all the meat is what's putting them out of business? Maybe switch to a two-meat-per-customer model?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:36 - Oct 7 with 2628 viewsmonytowbray

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:33 - Oct 7 by J2BLUE

Nah, Toby is excellent value for money.

TWTD never forgets…

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:39 - Oct 7 with 2606 viewsmonytowbray

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:32 - Oct 7 by wkj

More over priced over hyped crap. Even using a double-up value nectar voucher is a waste of money here.

I do wonder if these heavy deals with Tastecards, online vouchers, nector points, etc are going to be the undoing of these places. They're essentially undermining their price point and telling their customers they're a rip off if you pay the standard menu costs. They'd likely be better off finding the middle ground price point and charging that at all times with the odd special deal.

TWTD never forgets…

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:39 - Oct 7 with 2603 viewsitfc48

Went for the first time in ages recently and their pizzas seemed very small, especially for the price. Like Prezzo, I expect most people who go there are armed with discount vouchers.

It beggars belief how a company can get into that much debt. I bet their directors aren't skint though!
Login to get fewer ads

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:39 - Oct 7 with 2607 viewsTIB

Had a tasty chicken salad in there Saturday night...was pricey until Mrs TIB pulled up some app on my phone to get 2 main courses for £15.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:40 - Oct 7 with 2590 viewswkj

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:39 - Oct 7 by monytowbray

I do wonder if these heavy deals with Tastecards, online vouchers, nector points, etc are going to be the undoing of these places. They're essentially undermining their price point and telling their customers they're a rip off if you pay the standard menu costs. They'd likely be better off finding the middle ground price point and charging that at all times with the odd special deal.

If I am not mistaken they get the full monetary value from the rewards card company. Afterall, the value of the market research which we provide them is astronomical vs the kickback we get.

Crybaby

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:43 - Oct 7 with 2580 viewswkj

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:39 - Oct 7 by TIB

Had a tasty chicken salad in there Saturday night...was pricey until Mrs TIB pulled up some app on my phone to get 2 main courses for £15.

Really that is a good example of a false offer. £7.50 for a chicken salad at a pub with be close to about as much as I would be willing to pay in all honesty. £15 for one is just inconceivable from a fine dining place let alone a high street chain.

Crybaby

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:43 - Oct 7 with 2578 viewsfactual_blue

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:39 - Oct 7 by itfc48

Went for the first time in ages recently and their pizzas seemed very small, especially for the price. Like Prezzo, I expect most people who go there are armed with discount vouchers.

It beggars belief how a company can get into that much debt. I bet their directors aren't skint though!

Are you sure they weren't just far away?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:44 - Oct 7 with 2568 viewsfactual_blue

All looking good for the launch of my restaurant chain, The Self-Righteous Vegan.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:48 - Oct 7 with 2548 viewsTIB

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:43 - Oct 7 by wkj

Really that is a good example of a false offer. £7.50 for a chicken salad at a pub with be close to about as much as I would be willing to pay in all honesty. £15 for one is just inconceivable from a fine dining place let alone a high street chain.

The chicken was organic, free range, line caught and sustainably sourced from a British farm.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:49 - Oct 7 with 2547 viewswkj

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:39 - Oct 7 by itfc48

I think it comes down to quality vs price. I don't think many people would argue that the menu price is reflective of quality, and it is pretty clear that most of the discounts bring the prices down, but really don't create the sense of good value for money. Also, with a growing fondness to cook at home, the menu of pizza express is pish easy to replicate at home.

Frankie and Bennies is another example, their menu was poor and expensive. A lot of stuff on their menu I wouldn't feel the urge to cool at home (Pulled Pork Pasta ffs... really?)

Compare it to a place line Nandos. It's not pretending to be anything beyond a slightly more cozy fast food restaurant. I can say with almost 100% certainty if they jacked up their prices but flooded the public with "false offers" they would go the way of the dodo too.

Crybaby

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:49 - Oct 7 with 2541 viewswkj

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:48 - Oct 7 by TIB

The chicken was organic, free range, line caught and sustainably sourced from a British farm.

British you say? I stand corrected.

Crybaby

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:51 - Oct 7 with 2528 viewsJ2BLUE

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:36 - Oct 7 by monytowbray

Nah, Toby is excellent value for money.

Never been in to be honest.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:51 - Oct 7 with 2530 viewschicoazul

PIzza Express is legit good pizza boyos so keep them in your prayers.

Also the Daily Mirror website is absolute pop-up ads ass.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:53 - Oct 7 with 2519 viewswkj

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:51 - Oct 7 by J2BLUE

It really isn't all that bad. Kind of like Nandos, it isn't pretending to be something beyond what it is, and the price reflects the quality much better than some of these other places going under.

Crybaby

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:55 - Oct 7 with 2499 viewschicoazul

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:32 - Oct 7 by wkj

Cannot agree with this terrible opinion at all. PE Fiorentina pizza for about a tenner is the best high street pizza there is.

EDIT; got to be Romana base though.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2019 13:55]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Pizza Express now in trouble (n/t) on 13:55 - Oct 7 with 2487 viewshomer_123

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:55 - Oct 7 by chicoazul

Cannot agree with this terrible opinion at all. PE Fiorentina pizza for about a tenner is the best high street pizza there is.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:56 - Oct 7 with 2482 viewschicoazul

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:51 - Oct 7 by J2BLUE

You're telling us you havent had a Toby breakfast?? What kind of heathen are you.

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:57 - Oct 7 with 2473 viewswkj

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:55 - Oct 7 by chicoazul

You ain't had my pizza yet pal. One bite of my cheesy disk and you'll be a convert.

Crybaby

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:58 - Oct 7 with 2462 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:39 - Oct 7 by monytowbray

Surely everyone knows that Pizza Express have permanent deals on and - much like Dominos or DFS - no one has ever actually paid full price there?

Have to also say that I don’t mind them as far as chains go, fairly decent fare although pretty hard to get pizzas wrong. I do echo the comment above about portion sizes mind - had dough balls the last time I went and the size seemed to have shrunk considerably both in terms of the number and size of them

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Pizza Express now in trouble on 14:00 - Oct 7 with 2452 viewswkj

Pizza Express now in trouble on 13:58 - Oct 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Surely everyone knows that Pizza Express have permanent deals on and - much like Dominos or DFS - no one has ever actually paid full price there?

Have to also say that I don’t mind them as far as chains go, fairly decent fare although pretty hard to get pizzas wrong. I do echo the comment above about portion sizes mind - had dough balls the last time I went and the size seemed to have shrunk considerably both in terms of the number and size of them

The DFS sale is possibly only thing on the planet that has been going on longer than Factors

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024