Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am currently the subject of a witch-hunt in my office 13:29 - Oct 8 with 7059 viewsMJallday

But they don’t know I’m the culprit yet.

Here’s the background. Our company does these well-being things (lots of fresh fruit, water , office yoga etc) and as part of this , they print out an “inspirational quote of the day” poster for everyone to look at. You know the sort of thing, “life is a dance and mindfulness is a state of mind” etc

Anyway, I decided this morning to replace said poster with this

https://external-preview.redd.it/JlJpJXJ-uv3aXfQe2P1q-6yjq2ubU5t6J_FjUQbqVIE.jpg

Surfice to say our well-being office bod is now not happy and has started questioning people.
Question is - do I fess up ? Or do I start a campaign to annoy her by replacing further posters tommorow ?

Thoughts?
[Post edited 8 Oct 2019 13:30]

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

I am currently the subject of a witch-hunt in my office on 16:53 - Oct 8 with 1844 viewsSouperJim

I am currently the subject of a witch-hunt in my office on 15:41 - Oct 8 by SouperJim

I can't leave this thing alone, the mind bending absurdity of the irrelevance of the juxtaposition of image and nonsensical text appeals to my childish sense of humour.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

I am currently the subject of a witch-hunt in my office on 17:51 - Oct 8 with 1807 viewswkj

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I am currently the subject of a witch-hunt in my office on 17:53 - Oct 8 with 1804 viewsMoriarty

I am currently the subject of a witch-hunt in my office on 16:47 - Oct 8 by Coastalblue

I did a very entertaining East London walking tour with 'The Shadow' last year, nice guy though another that seems to think he's more famous than he actually is.

Sounds like he’s had his 15 mins of fame. What tour was it btw? I might check it out next time I’m in London.

fka omuircheartaigh

I am currently the subject of a witch-hunt in my office on 18:00 - Oct 8 with 1792 viewssparks

I am currently the subject of a witch-hunt in my office on 17:53 - Oct 8 by Moriarty

Sounds like he’s had his 15 mins of fame. What tour was it btw? I might check it out next time I’m in London.

Seems a very mild flash of rebellion. If it causes that much consternation, you need to keep going and challenge the ridiculous precious mindset.

Very mild compared to the time someone livened up a cardboard nativity diorama someone brought into the office as a christmas decoration, by sticking a picture of Rolf Harris' face on Joseph ...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

I am currently the subject of a witch-hunt in my office on 18:38 - Oct 8 with 1767 viewsPendejo

I am currently the subject of a witch-hunt in my office on 15:46 - Oct 8 by Oldsmoker

Try deflection.
Who don't you like in the office?
It was them that did it.
If you get found out just tell them that your ruthless streak is a sure sign of your corporate credentials.
Your directorship is all but nailed on.

You mean go all "Bruce Robertson" on them?

Synopsis of "Filth" by Irvine Welsh
Bruce Robertson is a Detective Sergeant in Edinburgh, Scotland, who is a scheming, manipulative, misanthropic bully who spends his free time indulging in drugs, alcohol, abusive sexual relationships, and "the games" – his euphemism for the vindictive plots he hatches to cause trouble for people he dislikes, including many of his colleagues.

MJAllday you have something to aspire to before next meet at Jim's place.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

I am currently the subject of a witch-hunt in my office on 18:44 - Oct 8 with 1765 viewsMoriarty

I am currently the subject of a witch-hunt in my office on 18:00 - Oct 8 by sparks

Seems a very mild flash of rebellion. If it causes that much consternation, you need to keep going and challenge the ridiculous precious mindset.

Very mild compared to the time someone livened up a cardboard nativity diorama someone brought into the office as a christmas decoration, by sticking a picture of Rolf Harris' face on Joseph ...

A signature will taunt the witch hunter. Adds to the frivolity.

I must say I always avoid religion and potential offense - I fully respect people’s choices and leave it there. However on one occasion, when I was a kid, I flipped off all the lights in a cathedral during a winter evening ceremony and made off. It was literally pitch black. My folks actually heard I was the culprit before I got home. Thankfully, even though they are religious, they saw the funny side.

fka omuircheartaigh

I am currently the subject of a witch-hunt in my office on 19:52 - Oct 8 with 1734 viewsMJallday

I am currently the subject of a witch-hunt in my office on 16:36 - Oct 8 by connorscontract

To give my definitive answer, I definitely need a map of your office with the location of the poster, positioning of desks and character sketches of occupants, your desk and the Witchfinder General's desk all clearly marked and labels.

You already know the software package which was created from the ground up for such a task. That should take you up to home time, now.

Unfortunately some silly sausage filled up my time today. I’ll see if I can get it done later in week

Said well being bod didn’t look happy as she left, so I’d say that was job done (or she needs to take her own advice)

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

I am currently the subject of a witch-hunt in my office on 22:31 - Oct 8 with 1701 viewsMelford

There was a girl who I worked with who used to do this type of thing. She'd always put song lyrics up and it wouldn't even be great lyrics, I'm talking crap like Reach For The Stars by S Club 7. I'd scrub it all out and replace it with the most depressing lyrics I could think of, I'd scrub off the likes of I Will Survive and replace it with this
I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour
But heaven knows I'm miserable now
I was looking for a job, and then I found a job
And heaven knows I'm miserable now
In my life
Why do I give valuable time
To people who don't care if I live or die?
Two lovers entwined pass me by
And heaven knows I'm miserable now

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Login to get fewer ads

I am currently the subject of a witch-hunt in my office on 23:46 - Oct 8 with 1673 viewsCoastalblue

I am currently the subject of a witch-hunt in my office on 17:53 - Oct 8 by Moriarty

It was an East End gangsters tour, was originally run by Stephen Iforgethisname who played Nick the Greek in lock stock when I booked it. When we went, sometime later, it was Vaz Iforgethisname instead.

It was fun and good value actually and he clearly knew a lot of 'names' or rather had grown up with the sons of them. There was a hilarious moment when he was berating a load of young lads down a back alley who were doing the little laughing gas canisters and generally he was genial and fun.

There were just a couple of little moments that made you think he thinks he's a lot bigger than he actually is, coupled with him then trying to sell signed pictures of him in Fools and Lock Stock at the end for about a tenner a pop.

I'll try and find a link, it's worth doing and wasn't expensive, starts in the Blind Beggar you'll be amazed to know.

This is the link, but I know for a fact I paid around half that with one of the 'experience' companies. https://britmovietours.com/bookings/gangster-tour-of-london/

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

I am currently the subject of a witch-hunt in my office on 16:24 - Oct 10 with 1544 viewsbritbiker

Quite like the Banksy quote. From memory it is taking the pee out of all those cushions with statements on them:-

Life is too short to take advice from a cushion.

Plus Homer Simpson had one for Bart:-
Set the bar low and fail to live up to it.

Good one on Not Going Out in response to the old office classic " there's no I in team work".... There's no F in way ( said quickly ).
[Post edited 10 Oct 2019 19:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024