Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland 15:06 - Oct 8 with 11494 viewsRadlett_blue

Only 4pts off automatic promotion with a game in hand.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 15:38 - Oct 8 with 6724 viewsSmithy

Roy Keane return?

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 15:41 - Oct 8 with 6700 viewshampstead_blue

Blimey!

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 15:42 - Oct 8 with 6709 viewsOldsmoker

That could unsettle the team although there is always the "bounce".
It only needs to cost them 6 points (3 draws instead of wins) while the new guy sorts out the squad and they won't catch us.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 15:44 - Oct 8 with 6687 viewsArnieM

Job / English football to buy for him I suspect .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 15:48 - Oct 8 with 6645 viewsFtnfwest

he'll have to step downwards now to somewhere like celtic
Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 15:51 - Oct 8 with 6624 viewshomer_123

Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 15:42 - Oct 8 by Oldsmoker

It only needs to cost them 6 points (3 draws instead of wins) while the new guy sorts out the squad and they won't catch us.

Yes, the bounce we saw under our last manager. ;)

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 15:51 - Oct 8 with 6623 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 15:42 - Oct 8 by Oldsmoker

I think it's only a benefit for them to be honest. It obviously depends who they appoint but Ross was taking them nowhere and failed to get up last season with last seasons squad which is one of, if not the most expensive squad in League One history. I think it's only a matter of time before they come towards the top of the league now.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 15:53 - Oct 8 with 6604 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

They were unhappy with him last year, so its no great surprise.

Does that mean the Michael Dell takeover is close to completion?
[Post edited 8 Oct 2019 15:53]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 15:55 - Oct 8 with 6570 viewsRadlett_blue

Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 15:53 - Oct 8 by Marshalls_Mullet

They were unhappy with him last year, so its no great surprise.

Does that mean the Michael Dell takeover is close to completion?
[Post edited 8 Oct 2019 15:53]

The strong rumour is that the takeover is OFF. Michael Dell is hugely rich, but he was only going to be a passive investor of what is chicken-feed for him.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 15:55 - Oct 8 with 6553 viewschicoazul

Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 15:51 - Oct 8 by JammyDodgerrr

I think it's only a benefit for them to be honest. It obviously depends who they appoint but Ross was taking them nowhere and failed to get up last season with last seasons squad which is one of, if not the most expensive squad in League One history. I think it's only a matter of time before they come towards the top of the league now.

Sunderland are cursed, They'll be in L2 in a couple of years time.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 16:08 - Oct 8 with 6481 viewsitfcjoe

Not good news for us.

For whatever reason he was struggling there with a good squad, the right manager can turn that round and it will make it more diffiuclt for us.

Still wish he had come here though!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

... and our current one, tbf on 16:10 - Oct 8 with 6444 viewsDyland

Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 15:51 - Oct 8 by homer_123

Yes, the bounce we saw under our last manager. ;)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 16:13 - Oct 8 with 6424 viewsOldsmoker

Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 15:51 - Oct 8 by JammyDodgerrr

"It's only a matter of time."
But in that time, games have to be played and they could lose ground on us.
It's only a matter of time before Bolton start winning but will it save them?

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 16:35 - Oct 8 with 6287 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 15:55 - Oct 8 by Radlett_blue

The strong rumour is that the takeover is OFF. Michael Dell is hugely rich, but he was only going to be a passive investor of what is chicken-feed for him.

If Dell were to get involved, it would be of huge benefit to Sunderland. I hope it does fall through.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 16:54 - Oct 8 with 6170 viewsActionMan

Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 16:08 - Oct 8 by itfcjoe

Not good news for us.

For whatever reason he was struggling there with a good squad, the right manager can turn that round and it will make it more diffiuclt for us.

Really? The guy who failed to draw himself out of League One with the best squad by miles and he even got to the FL Trophy final and failed to win that as well. Did you see the standard of football he was playing when they came down here? He's a poundland Mick McCarthy. Baring in mind he essentially achieved what pub manager Paul Hurst did at Shrewsbury how would he have been any better with our budget? He's never even managed a top tier team in his own country let alone in England.

Jack Ross is tosh. Let's stop fantasising about these so called young and exciting managers and realise you need someone with a bit of experience and some past top level success here to make things work here, especially with Evans as owner.
Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 17:00 - Oct 8 with 6141 viewsDarth_Koont

Wonder if our success* had anything to do with it. We're making the league look a doddle without having to play all that well.

*1/4 of the season success, clearly.

Pronouns: He/Him

Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 17:25 - Oct 8 with 6020 viewswkj

Unlike Hurst, I expect Ross will have a successful career in management. I wouldn't be shocked if he returns to Scotland over an English club.

Sunderland Fans have been wanting a change for some time, clearly they feel someone else has a better chance of steering Sunderland up the table. However, I am not sure the current front runner in the odds is the answer as a quick fixer.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2019 17:26]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 17:43 - Oct 8 with 5910 viewsJimInGreensboro

He'll wind up at Scunthorpe.
Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 18:05 - Oct 8 with 5834 viewsjas0999

Sunderland fans were very critical of him. He really should have secured automatic promotion with the squad he had last season.
Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 18:12 - Oct 8 with 5794 viewscleaner

Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 18:05 - Oct 8 by jas0999

Sunderland fans were very critical of him. He really should have secured automatic promotion with the squad he had last season.

Cleaner says don't be dirty.
Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 18:41 - Oct 8 with 5683 viewsKieran_Knows

Not good news for us.

I’d disagree personally. I don’t think their much cop at all to be honest. Given the size of the club, and the budget they had last season (although I appreciate it was still drastically slashed from the year before), I actually thought Ross recruited really poorly.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 19:18 - Oct 8 with 5546 viewsbackwaywhen

Not good news for us.

But they have to play our other rivals as well .... double edge sword !
Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 19:24 - Oct 8 with 5526 viewsTheBoyBlue

It really would've served both us and him if he had come here instead of Hurst. I don't expect we'd have gone up or anything, but I imagine we would've stayed up, playing good football and he probably wouldn't have got so many people offside.

Shame, because I think he'll be a superb manager.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 19:29 - Oct 8 with 5488 viewsbrogansnose

There is enough talent forthem to be at the top challenging and he should have done better but you have to ask is there something very wrong behind the scenes at Blunderland. Bit of a poisoned chalice that job.
Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 19:31 - Oct 8 with 5468 viewsKieran_Knows

Jack Ross has been fired by Sunderland on 19:24 - Oct 8 by TheBoyBlue

It really would've served both us and him if he had come here instead of Hurst. I don't expect we'd have gone up or anything, but I imagine we would've stayed up, playing good football and he probably wouldn't have got so many people offside.

Shame, because I think he'll be a superb manager.

‘Played good football’ ... one of the reasons why Sunderland fans wanted him gone was because how sh*te the football was!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024