Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines 12:30 - Oct 9 with 12765 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49984487

Not really sure what this is designed to achieve, apart from raising his profile.

I dont think dancing with a man achieves anything from an LGBT perspective. Its not as if the 'dancers' are being asked to be in a relationship.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 12:46 - Oct 9 with 5210 viewsitfcjoe

I'm sure Ben Hunt, the LGBT correspondent analysis of the matter is more relevant and informed than yours.

While some may see this as a gimmick, many LGBT people will see this as a necessary step to have their lives reflected on prime-time TV.

For a long time, heterosexual couples have been shown to be the norm. In adverts, films and television dancing competitions, straight pairings were all people saw. However, times really have changed.

For a prime-time family show to take this step is big, and it means that families up and down the country will be seeing and discussing same-sex pairings.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 12:56 - Oct 9 with 5181 viewsLankHenners

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 12:46 - Oct 9 by itfcjoe

I'm sure Ben Hunt, the LGBT correspondent analysis of the matter is more relevant and informed than yours.

While some may see this as a gimmick, many LGBT people will see this as a necessary step to have their lives reflected on prime-time TV.

For a long time, heterosexual couples have been shown to be the norm. In adverts, films and television dancing competitions, straight pairings were all people saw. However, times really have changed.

For a prime-time family show to take this step is big, and it means that families up and down the country will be seeing and discussing same-sex pairings.

Not worth it - the OP is either a bad taste troll or wilfully ignorant, given he’s been pulled up for his views on anyone who isn’t a straight white male several times in the past.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 13:09 - Oct 9 with 5150 viewsfactual_blue

To put that in perspective being better informed on anything than the OP is a bar set very low indeed.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 13:11 - Oct 9 with 5153 viewsfactual_blue

Have you ever considered moving?

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/Great-Bentley.html

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 13:48 - Oct 9 with 5103 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Disagree.

They won't be a 'couple'.

Just seems like a gimmick to me.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 13:49 - Oct 9 with 5094 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 12:56 - Oct 9 by LankHenners

Not worth it - the OP is either a bad taste troll or wilfully ignorant, given he’s been pulled up for his views on anyone who isn’t a straight white male several times in the past.

False claim.

There is nothing to back up your view.

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 13:51 - Oct 9 with 5083 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 13:11 - Oct 9 by factual_blue

Have you ever considered moving?

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/Great-Bentley.html

Have u got a spare room? X

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines (n/t) on 13:53 - Oct 9 with 5075 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:00 - Oct 9 with 5050 viewsclive_baker

I looked at the news and saw H from Steps is going to be dancing with a man on TV and Jamie Vardy's wife might or might not have told the Sun that Wayne Rooney's kitchen had flooded when it actually hadn't.

Mad innit, everything else going on in the world and these are the headlines.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:01 - Oct 9 with 5041 viewsfooters

Any more views on women's football to add?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:02 - Oct 9 with 5036 viewsitfcjoe

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 13:48 - Oct 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Disagree.

They won't be a 'couple'.

Just seems like a gimmick to me.

He literally says some will see it as a gimmick, but it is a big step and deal for LGBT people - so what are you disagreeing with?

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:02 - Oct 9 with 5028 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:01 - Oct 9 by footers

Any more views on women's football to add?

Nope, as you know, I'm fully supportive of women's football.

Feel free to join me.

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:06 - Oct 9 with 5001 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:02 - Oct 9 by itfcjoe

He literally says some will see it as a gimmick, but it is a big step and deal for LGBT people - so what are you disagreeing with?

I disagree that it's a big step forward for LGBT.

A straight man dancing with a gay man isn't an LGBT issue.

I guess he's right that it gets people talking. That's what gimmicks do.

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:07 - Oct 9 with 4991 viewsitfcjoe

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:06 - Oct 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Do you think the LGBT corresponent may be better informed than you on what this means for the LGBT community though?

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:09 - Oct 9 with 4980 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:07 - Oct 9 by itfcjoe

Do you think the LGBT corresponent may be better informed than you on what this means for the LGBT community though?

Who knows. I have my view, he has his.

His job title doesn't make him right on everything.

I'm sure you don't agree with all decisions that Boris makes for example.

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines (n/t) on 14:14 - Oct 9 with 4958 viewsSpruceMoose

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines (n/t) on 13:53 - Oct 9 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Not quite right. Heterosexual couples are 'typical'. Same sex partnerships are just as normal as male/female partnerships.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2019 14:18]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:17 - Oct 9 with 4952 viewsSpruceMoose

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:06 - Oct 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

You should really listen to the people it impacts. It's staggeringly arrogant to tell them they're wrong.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:19 - Oct 9 with 4949 viewsitfcjoe

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:09 - Oct 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:21 - Oct 9 with 4938 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:17 - Oct 9 by SpruceMoose

You should really listen to the people it impacts. It's staggeringly arrogant to tell them they're wrong.

We all have our opinions.

Maybe he underestimates how far the LGBT movement has come. He may well be in the wrong job.

You may indeed disagree, but you're still wrong (n/t) on 14:22 - Oct 9 with 4940 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Adding "willfully" is being generous (n/t) on 14:23 - Oct 9 with 4930 viewsDyland

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 12:56 - Oct 9 by LankHenners

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

You may indeed disagree, but you're still wrong (n/t) on 14:26 - Oct 9 with 4910 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

You may indeed disagree, but you're still wrong (n/t) on 14:22 - Oct 9 by Dyland

In your opinion...

Which you are entitled to.

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:28 - Oct 9 with 4899 viewsBlueBadger

Blimey, is 'Chico tribute act' the new aspiration for the budding TWTD 'troll'?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:28 - Oct 9 with 4900 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:09 - Oct 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

It probably makes him right on LGBT issues though.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:31 - Oct 9 with 4891 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good old 'H', he knows how to get headlines on 14:28 - Oct 9 by BrixtonBlue

It probably makes him right on LGBT issues though.

That's the point though, it doesn't. His role doesn't mean he is right in everything he says.

I just disagree with his viewpoint, which I'm surre he would respect.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024