Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strongest team..... 13:28 - Oct 11 with 3905 viewsitfcjoe

....I'd personally say it is this now:

--------------------------------------Holy---------------------------
Vincent-Young----Woolfenden---Chambers----Garbutt
--------------------------------------Skuse--------------------------
--------------------------Downes----------Huws-----------------
--------------------------------------Nolan-------------------------
----------------------------Norwood------Jackson--------------

B team
---------------------------Norris------------------------
Donacien-----Nisala-------Wilson-------Kenlock
--------------------------Dozzell------------------------
Rowe-----------El Mizouni---------------Georgiou
--------------------------------Judge--------------------
----------------------------Keane------------------------

Plus - Dobra, Roberts, Edwards

Injured - Lankester, Bishop, Nydam, Sears

Depth is unbelievable, wonder if we will see any of those 29 genuine first teamers go out in January

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Strongest team..... on 13:30 - Oct 11 with 3240 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Wouldn't say I would be convinced with Garbutt in a flat back four.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Strongest team..... on 13:34 - Oct 11 with 3218 viewsitfcjoe

Strongest team..... on 13:30 - Oct 11 by TRUE_BLUE123

Wouldn't say I would be convinced with Garbutt in a flat back four.

With Skuse as a holding midfielder it almost becomes 3 at the back which should help

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Strongest team..... on 13:37 - Oct 11 with 3187 viewschicoazul

Where is Lanks in his recovery? Surely a good idea for him to have a loan once he is fit.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Strongest team..... on 13:59 - Oct 11 with 3109 viewsBluefish

Pretty much what I have been saying since before MK Dons. As usual plenty of people told me it was ridiculous. Skuse should be the cdm or 3rd defender because he can easily switch between the 2 and he is more comfortable on the ball. Nolan and Judge to compete for the CAM but Nolan gets in because he presses so much better high up the pitch. I still think a fully fit Keane is ahead of Jackson but obviously it is Jackson's place at the moment.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Strongest team..... on 14:02 - Oct 11 with 3092 viewsKieran_Knows

I suspect if clubs came in for Donacien and Roberts on permanent moves, they would go. Georgiou to go back to Spurs in January as well maybe? Possible loan for El Mizouni?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Strongest team..... on 14:04 - Oct 11 with 3079 viewsHerbivore

Strongest team..... on 13:59 - Oct 11 by Bluefish

Pretty much what I have been saying since before MK Dons. As usual plenty of people told me it was ridiculous. Skuse should be the cdm or 3rd defender because he can easily switch between the 2 and he is more comfortable on the ball. Nolan and Judge to compete for the CAM but Nolan gets in because he presses so much better high up the pitch. I still think a fully fit Keane is ahead of Jackson but obviously it is Jackson's place at the moment.

That's not what you've been saying. You've been saying Skuse should play in a back three. Nobody has disagreed with him playing in a holding role. When we played him in a back three against Tranmere we were gash and only improved with his move into midfield.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Strongest team..... on 14:09 - Oct 11 with 3065 viewsBluefish

Strongest team..... on 14:04 - Oct 11 by Herbivore

That's not what you've been saying. You've been saying Skuse should play in a back three. Nobody has disagreed with him playing in a holding role. When we played him in a back three against Tranmere we were gash and only improved with his move into midfield.

F*** me I must have repeated 20 times about the formations being virtually identical and therefore interchangeable. You are just so desperate to disagree with everything and everyone that you lose sight of reality.

Strongest team..... on 14:14 - Oct 11 with 3041 viewschicoazul

A fully fit Keane? Such a thing will never exist.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Strongest team..... on 14:25 - Oct 11 with 2992 viewsDarth_Koont

I'd agree with that.

Although I think that Dobra could be a valuable wild card in each of those XIs. Certainly, I think he should be in the matchday squad more often than not.

And yes, we probably need to send some out in January. Looks too many to keep happy and match fit so as the first XI becomes more and more clear then some should leave to play elsewhere.

Also I think we can add Morris to the injured list and a potential player.

Pronouns: He/Him

Strongest team..... on 14:27 - Oct 11 with 2979 viewsxrayspecs

Fully fit Keane would replace Norwood. Jackson has the pace to get behind defenders and play off target man.
Strongest team..... on 14:35 - Oct 11 with 2951 viewsHerbivore

Strongest team..... on 14:09 - Oct 11 by Bluefish

F*** me I must have repeated 20 times about the formations being virtually identical and therefore interchangeable. You are just so desperate to disagree with everything and everyone that you lose sight of reality.

The Tranmere game disagrees that they are basically the same.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Strongest team..... on 14:58 - Oct 11 with 2900 viewsDarth_Koont

Strongest team..... on 14:27 - Oct 11 by xrayspecs

Fully fit Keane would replace Norwood. Jackson has the pace to get behind defenders and play off target man.

Possibly but I think we'd need to play a different style for that. Keane isn't a target man and he needs the ball to feet.

But I do think that's the next stage of development for this team so we can really compete if and when we go up.

Strongest team..... on 15:00 - Oct 11 with 2883 viewsBluefish

Strongest team..... on 14:35 - Oct 11 by Herbivore

The Tranmere game disagrees that they are basically the same.

Do you not understand football or are you trying to be a nob?

Strongest team..... on 15:05 - Oct 11 with 2866 viewsPJH

Strongest team..... on 14:58 - Oct 11 by Darth_Koont

Possibly but I think we'd need to play a different style for that. Keane isn't a target man and he needs the ball to feet.

But I do think that's the next stage of development for this team so we can really compete if and when we go up.

I think Keane is/could be pretty good as a target man.
Not as good as Murphy was but I think that he is good at either receiving and controlling the ball with his back to goal, holding the ball up and getting flick on's.

I think he is certainly the closest thing that we currently have to a competent target man.
Strongest team..... on 15:08 - Oct 11 with 2858 viewsusm

Strongest team..... on 14:27 - Oct 11 by xrayspecs

No way, pal. Norwood is a proper goalscorer and a pain in the butt for defenders.

Dont think weve seen him properly fit yet, but just look at the positions he takes up and his movement off the ball. he'll score loads when fully fit. Keane won't.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Strongest team..... on 15:12 - Oct 11 with 2834 viewsDarth_Koont

Strongest team..... on 15:05 - Oct 11 by PJH

I think Keane is/could be pretty good as a target man.
Not as good as Murphy was but I think that he is good at either receiving and controlling the ball with his back to goal, holding the ball up and getting flick on's.

I think he is certainly the closest thing that we currently have to a competent target man.

Hold up man à la McGoldrick or a Pablo, yes. But if it's going in the air then Norwood is a lot better for that role IMO

For me, he just hasn't looked that effective last season and even against Gillingham on Tuesday when the ball is lumped up to him.

Strongest team..... on 15:16 - Oct 11 with 2816 viewsPJH

Strongest team..... on 15:12 - Oct 11 by Darth_Koont

Hold up man à la McGoldrick or a Pablo, yes. But if it's going in the air then Norwood is a lot better for that role IMO

For me, he just hasn't looked that effective last season and even against Gillingham on Tuesday when the ball is lumped up to him.

Norwood probably makes things more uncomfortable for his opponent than Keane does but as to actually winning headers I would say that Keane is the better of the two.

I have no idea how he looked on Tuesday to be honest because I am/was totally disinterested in that competition.
Strongest team..... on 15:22 - Oct 11 with 2776 viewsthatdamgood89

Not sure out strongest team would fit into a 4 at the back model. We have been set up to play 3 at the back because our recruitment was geared with that mind. Both Garbutt and Georgiou aren't flat back four defenders but are very good wingbacks. Skuse at this point in his career is a holding midfielder and for me lacks the legs to get around the whole pitch like he used to.

With that in mind our strongest team is

--------------------------------------------------Holy--------------------------------------
----------------------------Woolfenden-----Chambers--------Nisala----------------
Vincent Young -----------------------------------------------------------------Garbutt
-------------------------------------------------Skuse -------------------------------------
--------------------------------Downes-------------------Judge--------------------------
------------------------------Norwood-------------------Jackson-----------------------

Judge, Nolan, and Huws is really a who is currently in form and OR the opposition and their weakness.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2019 15:23]

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Strongest team..... on 15:30 - Oct 11 with 2743 viewsDarth_Koont

Strongest team..... on 15:16 - Oct 11 by PJH

Norwood probably makes things more uncomfortable for his opponent than Keane does but as to actually winning headers I would say that Keane is the better of the two.

I have no idea how he looked on Tuesday to be honest because I am/was totally disinterested in that competition.

He looked good whenever he got into the game. But it was very rare as the bouncing balls or aerial stuff passed him by or he just couldn't do anything with them.

And a great finish when he had his one and only chance. Not sure he'd have had even that if it wasn't Dobra on the pitch with his ability to have the ball at his feet and pass it accurately and intelligently.

Strongest team..... on 16:00 - Oct 11 with 2693 viewsGarv

Strongest team..... on 14:02 - Oct 11 by Kieran_Knows

I suspect if clubs came in for Donacien and Roberts on permanent moves, they would go. Georgiou to go back to Spurs in January as well maybe? Possible loan for El Mizouni?

Who would be our reserve right back? Edwards?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Love it.... on 16:06 - Oct 11 with 2670 viewsunstableblue

... that's my preferred line-up and it can't be far away with the form of Huws. I get the concern over Garbutt in defence in a 4 but skusecan sit deep and a CB come across. Plus we're only in League 1.

I do think El Mizouni, Rowe and Dobra are potentials for Nolan in certain games; or even Huws. I also think Dozzell should come in for Huws for the odd 20mins, to keep him developing.

I wouldn't want to be Accrington Stanley

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Strongest team..... on 16:07 - Oct 11 with 2666 viewsKieran_Knows

Strongest team..... on 16:00 - Oct 11 by Garv

Who would be our reserve right back? Edwards?

I would imagine so. Lets face it, Donacien hasn't even been making the bench recently. It's clear as day Lambert doesn't rate him, so I imagine at some point we'll have to cut our losses.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Strongest team..... on 16:10 - Oct 11 with 2657 viewsBlue_Order

Strongest team..... on 14:09 - Oct 11 by Bluefish

Blimey don’t cry love
Strongest team..... on 16:12 - Oct 11 with 2644 viewsGavTWTD

I think Georgiou will go back in Jan.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Brexit? (n/t) on 16:14 - Oct 11 with 2635 viewsBloots

Strongest team..... on 16:12 - Oct 11 by GavTWTD

I think Georgiou will go back in Jan.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024