Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? 14:52 - Oct 11 with 7403 viewsMaySixth

The most important question any club should ask itself. always be aware of the next replacement, never rest on your laurels.

Lambert doing an excellent job but when he leaves I would like John McGreal
[Post edited 11 Oct 2019 18:01]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? on 14:53 - Oct 11 with 5239 viewsKieran_Knows

Pep.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? on 14:53 - Oct 11 with 5242 viewsTractorCam

Steve Evans.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? on 14:54 - Oct 11 with 5228 viewsitfcjoe

Guess it will depend on who is available at the time.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Chambo manager..... on 14:54 - Oct 11 with 5224 viewsBloots

.....Skuse assistant, with Ejdin Djonlic as 1st team coach.

Sorted.

Next.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? (n/t) on 14:59 - Oct 11 with 5177 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? on 15:12 - Oct 11 with 5118 viewsJ2BLUE

I'd have a good cry, stamp my feet and shout about how i'm never going to hope for anything ever again.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? on 15:30 - Oct 11 with 5073 viewsSWGF

Jack Ross is available

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? on 15:34 - Oct 11 with 5048 viewsthatdamgood89

Alan Curbishley def info

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Login to get fewer ads

If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? on 15:37 - Oct 11 with 5040 viewsFixed_It

If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? on 14:53 - Oct 11 by TractorCam

Steve Evans.

Would never happen. It would mean redesigning the whole of the Co-Op Stand to accommodate bigger dugouts. Too expensive.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2019 15:38]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? on 15:47 - Oct 11 with 4997 viewsBryanPlug

If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? on 15:37 - Oct 11 by Fixed_It

Would never happen. It would mean redesigning the whole of the Co-Op Stand to accommodate bigger dugouts. Too expensive.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? on 15:54 - Oct 11 with 4976 viewsActionMan

John McGreal? That would sink us quicker than the Titanic.

You need someone who's mature, has played a decent amount of top level games, European football, international football preferably as well as had some substantial managerial achievements elsewhere something both Mick and Lambert both have in common and Pub manager Paul had none of.
If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? on 15:56 - Oct 11 with 4971 viewsNotSure

Nathan Jones hasn't got long left with Stoke City. If Lambert went this year I'd go for him.
If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? on 16:13 - Oct 11 with 4928 viewsKieran_Knows

If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? on 15:37 - Oct 11 by Fixed_It

Evans not willing to put more money in to the club?! Absolute joke of an owner.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? on 16:15 - Oct 11 with 4924 viewsRyorry

I have a feeling he just wouldn't do that to us.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? on 16:28 - Oct 11 with 4879 viewsArnieM

Do we really have to talk this up ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? on 16:41 - Oct 11 with 4858 viewsclive_baker

Lambert is doing an excellent job. He's really, really impressed me. Just about every side of his tenure here thus far is spot on. His ethos, playing style, pathway for the academy, a healthy balance of take no prisoners but arm round shoulder man management, league form and results, recruitment in, transfers out, PR and supporter connection, influence over ME, work in the community etc. I have to say there's really very little to fault IMO. I remember sitting in the stand for the Preston match, watching him bark orders for 90 minutes and getting an immediate reaction against a good side. Followed that week by inviting the legends to the training ground, he really has been bang on it from day 1.

I feel like we've got some strategic direction finally, and for the first time in a long time I can see a plan that extends beyond 6 - 12 months. Hopefully Evans supports him by keeping the squad together where possible, especially those talented youngsters.

It shouldn't surprise anyone to be fair, his CV is actually very good. From Wycombe, Colchester, Norwich (dare I say it) where he did a great job. Villa was a bit of a basket case but my Wolves supporting colleague was also a big fan of him there, said the supporters really felt like he was starting to build something, and his record there wasn't half bad. I think we're really lucky to have him here and long may it continue.

In answer to your question, after I've stopped crying, as mad as it sounds at 70 years old and without a gig for years but I would say a Joe Royle type on an interim basis to see the season out would be ideal. He's got gravitas and demands respect, he's massively experienced, a brilliant man manager and presumably wouldn't want a 5 year job. We would then hopefully be an attractive proposition and pretty nice base for the next manager in the summer.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? on 16:45 - Oct 11 with 4844 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Southgate.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? on 16:51 - Oct 11 with 4829 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Nigel Adkins. Amazed he's not Sunderland first choice.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? on 17:22 - Oct 11 with 4754 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? on 16:41 - Oct 11 by clive_baker

Lambert is doing an excellent job. He's really, really impressed me. Just about every side of his tenure here thus far is spot on. His ethos, playing style, pathway for the academy, a healthy balance of take no prisoners but arm round shoulder man management, league form and results, recruitment in, transfers out, PR and supporter connection, influence over ME, work in the community etc. I have to say there's really very little to fault IMO. I remember sitting in the stand for the Preston match, watching him bark orders for 90 minutes and getting an immediate reaction against a good side. Followed that week by inviting the legends to the training ground, he really has been bang on it from day 1.

I feel like we've got some strategic direction finally, and for the first time in a long time I can see a plan that extends beyond 6 - 12 months. Hopefully Evans supports him by keeping the squad together where possible, especially those talented youngsters.

It shouldn't surprise anyone to be fair, his CV is actually very good. From Wycombe, Colchester, Norwich (dare I say it) where he did a great job. Villa was a bit of a basket case but my Wolves supporting colleague was also a big fan of him there, said the supporters really felt like he was starting to build something, and his record there wasn't half bad. I think we're really lucky to have him here and long may it continue.

In answer to your question, after I've stopped crying, as mad as it sounds at 70 years old and without a gig for years but I would say a Joe Royle type on an interim basis to see the season out would be ideal. He's got gravitas and demands respect, he's massively experienced, a brilliant man manager and presumably wouldn't want a 5 year job. We would then hopefully be an attractive proposition and pretty nice base for the next manager in the summer.

Just about every side of his tenure here thus far is spot on.

Eh? He got us relegated!

Excellent this season. Appalling last year.
If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? on 17:29 - Oct 11 with 4733 viewsmanchego

If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? on 17:22 - Oct 11 by CBMTOBWMMBG

Just about every side of his tenure here thus far is spot on.

Eh? He got us relegated!

Excellent this season. Appalling last year.

"appalling" last year is a stretch.
Name me the person who would have salvaged that mess.
If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? on 17:39 - Oct 11 with 4694 viewsfactual_blue

It's got to be Paul Hurst.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? on 17:46 - Oct 11 with 4678 viewswkj

One Choice, Ginger Mourinho

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? on 19:12 - Oct 11 with 4568 viewsBlueBadger

If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? on 16:15 - Oct 11 by Ryorry

I have a feeling he just wouldn't do that to us.

He's done it to Norwich and Colchester. If he's what he sees as a better, more high profile job, he'll jump at it.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2019 6:36]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? on 19:27 - Oct 11 with 4532 viewsHerbivore

We could replace him with a brick and still win this league.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? on 19:29 - Oct 11 with 4524 viewsPJH

If Lambert was poached/walked tomorrow who would you replace him with? on 17:29 - Oct 11 by manchego

"appalling" last year is a stretch.
Name me the person who would have salvaged that mess.

It is impossible to name anyone that WOULD have saved us as in they would have saved us without any doubt but the situation was far from being beyond saving so it would not be difficult to list several people who MIGHT have saved us.

Paul Lambert for one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024