Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weird how this has come out now... 15:06 - Oct 11 with 3779 viewschicoazul

with quite a few big jobs open and Scotland on the end of another thrashing.

Town Open Lambert Contract Talks Claim 11th Oct 2019 14:45
Town are reported to have begun talks with manager Paul Lambert regarding a new contract. 29

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Weird how this has come out now... on 15:08 - Oct 11 with 3115 viewsKieran_Knows

He still has 2 years left on his deal so I'm not sure why we're offering him another so quick? Didn't we do that with Mick a few years ago and he signed that additional 2 year deal (with the additional 2 year option). That seemed a strange move at the time, because IIRC, that was when people first started to turn against him (not suggesting this about Lambert, however).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Weird how this has come out now... on 15:09 - Oct 11 with 3105 viewsJ2BLUE

The Scotland job is a poisoned chalice. Can't see any decent manager going anywhere near it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Weird how this has come out now... on 15:10 - Oct 11 with 3093 viewschicoazul

Weird how this has come out now... on 15:08 - Oct 11 by Kieran_Knows

He still has 2 years left on his deal so I'm not sure why we're offering him another so quick? Didn't we do that with Mick a few years ago and he signed that additional 2 year deal (with the additional 2 year option). That seemed a strange move at the time, because IIRC, that was when people first started to turn against him (not suggesting this about Lambert, however).

Celtic are struggling a little bit, Reading Milwall Sunderland need Managers, Scotland may ditch Clark soon.

EDIT; ive given Lambo some gentle grief lately, more because I dont think he deserves a lot of the accolades that come his way form our support, but at the end of the day he is doing well for us and has also fulfilled Evans' and O'Neill's brief of wanting to reconnect with the supporters and get some energy going. So he's doing pretty well, and you normally start to talk contracts 2 years out in football.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2019 15:12]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Weird how this has come out now... on 15:12 - Oct 11 with 3075 viewsfooters

Weird how this has come out now... on 15:09 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

The Scotland job is a poisoned chalice. Can't see any decent manager going anywhere near it.

*waits for Badger*

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Weird how this has come out now... on 15:12 - Oct 11 with 3072 viewsKieran_Knows

Weird how this has come out now... on 15:12 - Oct 11 by footers

*waits for Badger*

Improved performances? Or something like that.

Weird how this has come out now... on 15:13 - Oct 11 with 3061 viewschicoazul

Double his money though.

Weird how this has come out now... on 15:21 - Oct 11 with 3026 viewsKieran_Knows

Weird how this has come out now... on 15:10 - Oct 11 by chicoazul

Celtic are struggling a little bit, Reading Milwall Sunderland need Managers, Scotland may ditch Clark soon.

EDIT; ive given Lambo some gentle grief lately, more because I dont think he deserves a lot of the accolades that come his way form our support, but at the end of the day he is doing well for us and has also fulfilled Evans' and O'Neill's brief of wanting to reconnect with the supporters and get some energy going. So he's doing pretty well, and you normally start to talk contracts 2 years out in football.

Coventry moved swiftly to give Mark Robins a new contract (today) after they were approached by Sunderland for him (on Wednesday).

Weird how this has come out now... on 15:36 - Oct 11 with 2974 viewsthatdamgood89

Could this be the agent of Lambo? Get the word out there. Alert others of his contract length and possible compensation while also putting the seed into Evan's mind of maybe extending the length and improved money to boot?

Same way Magic Mick's name kept being linked with Ireland? Agents. Pesky people

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Login to get fewer ads

Weird how this has come out now... on 15:38 - Oct 11 with 2955 viewsBlueBadger

Weird how this has come out now... on 15:12 - Oct 11 by Kieran_Knows

Improved performances? Or something like that.

I'm sure he'd given Scotland their prettiest 2-0 defeats in YEARS.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Weird how this has come out now... on 15:54 - Oct 11 with 2915 viewsDarth_Koont

It's a tricky job and the press North of the border are pretty relentless even knowing that.

The key challenge is how to develop a side and its young players while being successful enough to keep player and fan confidence high. All at a level where the other countries you need to compete with have a larger pyramid and more quality in depth at the top.

Steve Clarke looked good on the player development side and long-term approach but just hasn't got the short-term results.

I suspect the answer may be to go a bit more Mick in 2012/13 and try and make sure we get results. We have the free hit of the Nations League to see if we can still qualify for the Euros but think we need to start being much more resilient and hard to beat before the next qualifying campaign.

Pronouns: He/Him

Weird how this has come out now... on 16:30 - Oct 11 with 2840 viewsSitfcB

Weird how this has come out now... on 15:38 - Oct 11 by BlueBadger

I'm sure he'd given Scotland their prettiest 2-0 defeats in YEARS.

“Fans were great”

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Weird how this has come out now... on 19:57 - Oct 11 with 2691 viewsbraveblue

Weird how this has come out now... on 15:10 - Oct 11 by chicoazul

Pretty well?

Top of the league. Undefeated. Connected fans with club again. Attendances up.

I would say he has been outstanding compared to the people we had over the past 10 years.
Weird how this has come out now... on 20:07 - Oct 11 with 2666 viewsm14_blue

Weird how this has come out now... on 15:54 - Oct 11 by Darth_Koont

It's a tricky job and the press North of the border are pretty relentless even knowing that.

The key challenge is how to develop a side and its young players while being successful enough to keep player and fan confidence high. All at a level where the other countries you need to compete with have a larger pyramid and more quality in depth at the top.

Steve Clarke looked good on the player development side and long-term approach but just hasn't got the short-term results.

I suspect the answer may be to go a bit more Mick in 2012/13 and try and make sure we get results. We have the free hit of the Nations League to see if we can still qualify for the Euros but think we need to start being much more resilient and hard to beat before the next qualifying campaign.

Absolute joke that Scotland could still qualify on the back of sneaking to the top of a ‘group’ with Albania and Israel in a quasi friendly competition whilst sitting below Cyprus and Kazakhstan in actual qualifying.

Meanwhile NI will finish 3rd behind Netherlands and Germany, winning all of their other matches, and be out.
Weird how this has come out now... on 20:56 - Oct 11 with 2567 viewsbraveblue

Weird how this has come out now... on 20:07 - Oct 11 by m14_blue

Absolute joke that Scotland could still qualify on the back of sneaking to the top of a ‘group’ with Albania and Israel in a quasi friendly competition whilst sitting below Cyprus and Kazakhstan in actual qualifying.

Meanwhile NI will finish 3rd behind Netherlands and Germany, winning all of their other matches, and be out.

But that was the whole point of the competition last year. Replace meaningless friendlies with competitive matches. Can’t have it both ways.
Weird how this has come out now... on 21:13 - Oct 11 with 2525 viewsm14_blue

Weird how this has come out now... on 20:56 - Oct 11 by braveblue

But that was the whole point of the competition last year. Replace meaningless friendlies with competitive matches. Can’t have it both ways.

No problem with it being a competition in its own right, even if a decidedly second rate one, I actually quite liked that.

It’s tacking on the qualification thing I have a problem with, makes a mockery of the proper competition imo.

Does anyone really think Scotland deserve a 50/50 chance of qualifying?
Weird how this has come out now... on 21:33 - Oct 11 with 2479 viewsBluefish

I think PL probably realises that his needs to build his stock up a lot more before he can go after other jobs

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Weird how this has come out now... on 21:37 - Oct 11 with 2460 viewsPJH

Weird how this has come out now... on 19:57 - Oct 11 by braveblue

Pretty well?

I would say he has been outstanding compared to the people we had over the past 10 years.

Certainly nobody has done this well in the third division since Alf Ramsey.
Weird how this has come out now... on 22:44 - Oct 11 with 2324 viewsBluefish

Weird how this has come out now... on 19:57 - Oct 11 by braveblue

Pretty well?

What on earth? His record last season was beyond horrific, he has made a great start but he is a long way from cancelling it out.

If Ole takes Man U down and then goes unbeaten in the Championship for a dozen games, having kept most of his squad together and signed some more players. He really won't suddenly be a great manager
[Post edited 11 Oct 2019 22:48]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Weird how this has come out now... on 10:57 - Oct 12 with 2104 viewsDarth_Koont

Weird how this has come out now... on 20:07 - Oct 11 by m14_blue

Harsh. As pointed out there was a call for fewer pointless friendlies. And having been on the wrong end of seedings for the best part of 20 years it's good that there's at least one way to circumvent them.

Weird how this has come out now... on 14:49 - Oct 12 with 1998 viewsm14_blue

Weird how this has come out now... on 10:57 - Oct 12 by Darth_Koont

Harsh. As pointed out there was a call for fewer pointless friendlies. And having been on the wrong end of seedings for the best part of 20 years it's good that there's at least one way to circumvent them.

Fair point about the seedings, doesn’t change the fact that the nations league pathway to qualify is utterly ridiculous.

Beat Albania twice for a chance at a play off?

Ludicrous. I’d be saying the same if England were struggling to qualify too.
Weird how this has come out now... on 15:49 - Oct 12 with 1923 viewsDarth_Koont

Weird how this has come out now... on 14:49 - Oct 12 by m14_blue

Fair point about the seedings, doesn’t change the fact that the nations league pathway to qualify is utterly ridiculous.

Beat Albania twice for a chance at a play off?

Ludicrous. I’d be saying the same if England were struggling to qualify too.

They needed to do something to mix things up and it's the same for everyone.

You have to play at a very high level for a number of years to break out of the seedings trap - and once you're on the right side of it it's much easier to maintain that position.

Scotland's best team in the last 15 years or so got drawn in the same EQ qualifying group as France and Italy who had just played each other in the the World Cup final ... that's as unnecessarily harsh as it's unnecessarily unfair to get into the European Championships via the Nation's League.

Weird how this has come out now... on 15:54 - Oct 12 with 1913 viewstractorboy1978

Weird how this has come out now... on 22:44 - Oct 11 by Bluefish

What on earth? His record last season was beyond horrific, he has made a great start but he is a long way from cancelling it out.

If Ole takes Man U down and then goes unbeaten in the Championship for a dozen games, having kept most of his squad together and signed some more players. He really won't suddenly be a great manager
[Post edited 11 Oct 2019 22:48]

Comparing us to Man United is rather disingenuous.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2019 15:55]
Weird how this has come out now... on 16:16 - Oct 12 with 1871 viewsm14_blue

Weird how this has come out now... on 15:49 - Oct 12 by Darth_Koont

They needed to do something to mix things up and it's the same for everyone.

You have to play at a very high level for a number of years to break out of the seedings trap - and once you're on the right side of it it's much easier to maintain that position.

Scotland's best team in the last 15 years or so got drawn in the same EQ qualifying group as France and Italy who had just played each other in the the World Cup final ... that's as unnecessarily harsh as it's unnecessarily unfair to get into the European Championships via the Nation's League.

Meh, I think you’re defending the indefensible really but understand why.

Anyway, I hope Scotland do qualify, it’s been far too long and the fans certainly deserve it. Would be in a group with England too which would spice up the early stages.
Weird how this has come out now... on 16:30 - Oct 12 with 1846 viewsDarth_Koont

Weird how this has come out now... on 16:16 - Oct 12 by m14_blue

Meh, I think you’re defending the indefensible really but understand why.

Anyway, I hope Scotland do qualify, it’s been far too long and the fans certainly deserve it. Would be in a group with England too which would spice up the early stages.

And I understand why the big teams and their supporters like the current status quo. Not sure you'd like it so much if you always had to play against and beat top sides in the world to qualify. And then do the same in the next qualification campaign in order to actually climb into the next seeding group.

Makes it very hard for small and medium-sized teams to develop and make any progress even with a good generation of players and coaches. Space only normally opens up when a big team like the Netherlands implodes.

Weird how this has come out now... on 17:12 - Oct 12 with 1794 viewsm14_blue

Weird how this has come out now... on 16:30 - Oct 12 by Darth_Koont

And I understand why the big teams and their supporters like the current status quo. Not sure you'd like it so much if you always had to play against and beat top sides in the world to qualify. And then do the same in the next qualification campaign in order to actually climb into the next seeding group.

Makes it very hard for small and medium-sized teams to develop and make any progress even with a good generation of players and coaches. Space only normally opens up when a big team like the Netherlands implodes.

I’m not defending the seeding system at all, it’s inherently unfair, I just don’t think the Nations League is the answer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024