Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town trialist stabbed and killed Thursday 01:47 - Oct 12 with 3931 viewsrosseden

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/11/boy-15-stabbed-death-outside-mcdonalds-identified

Apparently recently trialled with us.... shocking waste of life

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

Town trialist stabbed and killed Thursday on 03:41 - Oct 12 with 3801 viewsIllinoisblue

No doubt some trivial gang nonsense or someone being disrespected. Such a waste.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Town trialist stabbed and killed Thursday on 08:42 - Oct 12 with 3357 viewsOwainG1992

Such a shame. I'll never understand people going around with the intent to kill. Makes me glad to live up north in Leeds. (Countryside)

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Town trialist stabbed and killed Thursday on 09:15 - Oct 12 with 3226 viewsGuthrum

Town trialist stabbed and killed Thursday on 08:42 - Oct 12 by OwainG1992

Such a shame. I'll never understand people going around with the intent to kill. Makes me glad to live up north in Leeds. (Countryside)

I don't think there is an 'intent to kill'. Perhaps a desire to inflict harm, which becomes deadly through the use of knives. What might once have been a playground scuffle over real or imagined insults (or bullying) ends with someone bleeding to death.

Teenagers are not known for their deep consideration of consequences. They also think they're immortal and don't know when to back down (being more concerned with social standing and peer opinion than self preservation).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Town trialist stabbed and killed Thursday on 10:44 - Oct 12 with 2996 viewsWD19

Town trialist stabbed and killed Thursday on 08:42 - Oct 12 by OwainG1992

In fairness, I don’t think the extinction rebellion protesters set out to kill this lad. It was just an extremely unfortunate consequence of their action.
Town trialist stabbed and killed Thursday on 11:00 - Oct 12 with 2929 viewsRyorry

OMG, absolutely terrible, really does bring it home.

Sadly, just part of the litany of sickening stuff that humans do to each other when you look at the thumbnails of other crimes listed on that page :(

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Town trialist stabbed and killed Thursday on 11:13 - Oct 12 with 2883 viewsmidastouch

So tragic. I'm no expert in this area but shouldn't we be looking at other cities around the world who have got on top of knife crime to try and learn valuable lessons as it does seem to be getting out of hand in London. I realise there's no easy fix but we do sadly seem to be losing the battle currently.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Town trialist stabbed and killed Thursday on 11:15 - Oct 12 with 2869 viewsmidastouch

Town trialist stabbed and killed Thursday on 11:13 - Oct 12 by midastouch

So tragic. I'm no expert in this area but shouldn't we be looking at other cities around the world who have got on top of knife crime to try and learn valuable lessons as it does seem to be getting out of hand in London. I realise there's no easy fix but we do sadly seem to be losing the battle currently.

Just did a search and seems I'm behind the times here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-45575361

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Town trialist stabbed and killed Thursday on 12:08 - Oct 12 with 2711 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Town trialist stabbed and killed Thursday on 09:15 - Oct 12 by Guthrum

I don't think there is an 'intent to kill'. Perhaps a desire to inflict harm, which becomes deadly through the use of knives. What might once have been a playground scuffle over real or imagined insults (or bullying) ends with someone bleeding to death.

Teenagers are not known for their deep consideration of consequences. They also think they're immortal and don't know when to back down (being more concerned with social standing and peer opinion than self preservation).

There is a lot of publicity about knife crime. I would imagine they all know the likelihood it can end in death. I agree with them not expecting it to be their own, their refusal to back down and all that, but I think they must have an awareness it might kill. I doubt they have thought through the consequences for them if it does. Although for some a spell in prison is just a part of their anticipated future anyway and quite possibly no worse than life for them outside it. This is all part of the problem.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Town trialist stabbed and killed Thursday on 12:20 - Oct 12 with 2669 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Incredibly sad. When will this end.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Town trialist stabbed and killed Thursday on 17:08 - Oct 12 with 2263 viewshuddersfielditfc

Exactly. There's science behind this. Teen brains aren't developed enough to think long term or to make rational decisions, they think emotionally and act without thought.
God knows I did, luckily I was never in an environment that involved carrying knives as a normalised thing.
Town trialist stabbed and killed Thursday on 20:57 - Oct 12 with 2010 viewsOxford_Blue

When you place a knife into someone’s chest, you don’t think there’s an intent to kill?
Town trialist stabbed and killed Thursday on 21:09 - Oct 12 with 1985 viewsSwansea_Blue

Town trialist stabbed and killed Thursday on 12:08 - Oct 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

There is a lot of publicity about knife crime. I would imagine they all know the likelihood it can end in death. I agree with them not expecting it to be their own, their refusal to back down and all that, but I think they must have an awareness it might kill. I doubt they have thought through the consequences for them if it does. Although for some a spell in prison is just a part of their anticipated future anyway and quite possibly no worse than life for them outside it. This is all part of the problem.

They do know it can end in death. And from the very little I've read about knfe crime, the consequences of killing someone aren't enough to put them off at all. I fear we're in danger here of transpoosing our outlook on life on to some of these thugs. Of course we'd like to think they don't mean to kill, but they seem to know what they are doing. The intent seems to be there.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024