Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol 16:16 - Oct 12 with 6861 viewsArnieM

We could, couldn’t we ?

Motherwell fans sing 'Twist and Shout' 👏

🎥 TW/BestChantsUK

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 16:35 - Oct 12 with 6088 viewsFunge

Already Cov's; banging tune, mind....
Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 19:03 - Oct 12 with 5921 viewsWD19

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 16:35 - Oct 12 by Funge

Already Cov's; banging tune, mind....

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 19:10 - Oct 12 with 5894 viewssparks

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 19:03 - Oct 12 by WD19

what does it have to do with football?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 19:38 - Oct 12 with 5869 viewsArnieM

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 19:10 - Oct 12 by sparks

What does
Blue Moon
You’ll never walk alone
Z Cars ( Everton )
I’m forever blowing bubbles

Etc etc

Motherwell fans have affaires the song to fit with their sentiments of their club, like all fans do when they adapt a song that does the rounds amongst fans.

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 19:41 - Oct 12 with 5855 viewsfooters

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 19:10 - Oct 12 by sparks

'Twist and Shout' is obviously a song about players diving and feigning injury.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 19:47 - Oct 12 with 5840 viewssparks

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 19:38 - Oct 12 by ArnieM

What does
Blue Moon
You’ll never walk alone
Z Cars ( Everton )

Etc etc

Motherwell fans have affaires the song to fit with their sentiments of their club, like all fans do when they adapt a song that does the rounds amongst fans.

Blue moon is connected with a blue shirted club.

Youll never walk alone is clearly a supportive song.

The bubbles thign is silly.

Twist and shout is a random old rock and roll tune.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 19:49 - Oct 12 with 5839 viewsTractorCam

Ipswich fans who didn't master the Joey Garner song for the whole year he was here? Somehow I doubt it

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 19:55 - Oct 12 with 5823 viewsPJH

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 19:49 - Oct 12 by TractorCam

Ipswich fans who didn't master the Joey Garner song for the whole year he was here? Somehow I doubt it

Yes, that was amusing in a way wasn't it?

Perhaps you needed to know the DC5 song.

Login to get fewer ads

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 19:58 - Oct 12 with 5818 viewsfooters

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 19:47 - Oct 12 by sparks

Blue moon is connected with a blue shirted club.

Youll never walk alone is clearly a supportive song.

The bubbles thign is silly.

Twist and shout is a random old rock and roll tune.

You should tell them to stop singing it then. Sure they'll take your highly logical view on board.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 19:58 - Oct 12 with 5817 viewsTractorCam

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 19:55 - Oct 12 by PJH

Really was sensational, there was already videos on social media when he signed of Rangers fans singing it, so we already had a head start there.

We sung 'all the time' instead of 'glad you're mine', classic.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 20:01 - Oct 12 with 5807 viewsjaykay

think you might have the wrong dc5 song

this one bite me in the bum

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 20:06 - Oct 12 with 5790 viewsReuser_is_God

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 19:58 - Oct 12 by TractorCam

Really was sensational, there was already videos on social media when he signed of Rangers fans singing it, so we already had a head start there.

We sung 'all the time' instead of 'glad you're mine', classic.

If we managed ‘we’ve got Joey Garner clap clap’ repeated 2 times it was a success.

We really do have an embarrassing fan base when it comes to singing.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2019 20:06]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 20:13 - Oct 12 with 5758 viewsPJH

This is a far clearer version.

All together now "We've got Joey Garner....

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 20:27 - Oct 12 with 5724 viewsjeera

I still like the suggestion of I Guess Why They Call It The Blues, but I realise Everton used it before, although as a slogan.

If anyone has adopted it as an anthem, I don't know if I'm honest.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 21:00 - Oct 12 with 5661 viewsArnieM

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 19:58 - Oct 12 by footers

You should tell them to stop singing it then. Sure they'll take your highly logical view on board.

Arf arf 👍

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 21:11 - Oct 12 with 5644 viewsFixed_It

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 19:58 - Oct 12 by footers

And tell those silly Stoke fans that Delilah is the owner of Naarwich City while you're at it!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 21:22 - Oct 12 with 5632 viewsblueislander

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 20:13 - Oct 12 by PJH

This is a far clearer version.

All together now "We've got Joey Garner....

You will remember singing “ keep right on to the end of the road” before the Birmingham fans started singing it.?
Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 21:27 - Oct 12 with 5618 viewsPJH

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 21:22 - Oct 12 by blueislander

You will remember singing “ keep right on to the end of the road” before the Birmingham fans started singing it.?

I remember it from 1961/62 but I think it was Lucan that pointed out on here that Birmingham City did in fact use it before us.

Not sure when ITFC supporters first used it but when Lucan said that Birmingham were first I found something on the internet suggesting that they sung it at the time of their 1956 F.A. Cup Final so unless ITFC use of it predates that then Birmingham were first.
Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 21:31 - Oct 12 with 5601 viewsReuser_is_God

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 21:27 - Oct 12 by PJH

I remember it from 1961/62 but I think it was Lucan that pointed out on here that Birmingham City did in fact use it before us.

Not sure when ITFC supporters first used it but when Lucan said that Birmingham were first I found something on the internet suggesting that they sung it at the time of their 1956 F.A. Cup Final so unless ITFC use of it predates that then Birmingham were first.

Why did we ever stop singing it? Such a good anthem.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 21:33 - Oct 12 with 5595 viewsblueislander

In that case Lucan probably has a better recall than me. We certainly sang it the season we won the league. Before that, not sure. Of course, in those days , other than local derbies, support for away teams was very limited. I can remember going to Loftus Road and Selhurst Park, Layer Road as well was Carrot Road in the 50s , but there was no visible presence of away supporters.
Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 21:33 - Oct 12 with 5597 viewsPJH

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 21:31 - Oct 12 by Reuser_is_God

Why did we ever stop singing it? Such a good anthem.

I don't know when and I don't know why.

I do not remember it being used at Portman Road much after 1961/62 but I suppose that it must have been.

It certainly was right for that wonderful season though.
Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 21:36 - Oct 12 with 5586 viewsPJH

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 21:33 - Oct 12 by blueislander

In that case Lucan probably has a better recall than me. We certainly sang it the season we won the league. Before that, not sure. Of course, in those days , other than local derbies, support for away teams was very limited. I can remember going to Loftus Road and Selhurst Park, Layer Road as well was Carrot Road in the 50s , but there was no visible presence of away supporters.

My very first away game was at WBA in September 1961 but certainly the numbers travelling away were either very low or not very evident.

Since my earlier post I have found two references to Birmingham using it in 1956, apparently one of their players sung it on the coach to one of their F.A. Cup games and it caught on from there.
Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 22:04 - Oct 12 with 5540 viewsEireannach_gorm

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 19:38 - Oct 12 by ArnieM

What does
Blue Moon
You’ll never walk alone
Z Cars ( Everton )

Etc etc

Speaking of Z Cars.............

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 22:16 - Oct 12 with 5507 viewslongtimefan

Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 21:33 - Oct 12 by PJH

I don't know when and I don't know why.

I do not remember it being used at Portman Road much after 1961/62 but I suppose that it must have been.

It certainly was right for that wonderful season though.

I’m sure I remember it and I didn’t start going to first team matches until 1970.
Motherwell fans singing Twist & Shout ..... lol on 01:48 - Oct 13 with 5410 viewsArnieM

I remember Brum fans daubing “ Keep right on to the end is OUR song BCFC Blues”on the Town Perimeter corrugated fencing along on Constantine Road after Town fans had sung it during the match . Think it may have been in the 1970’s....... they did not like that one little bit !

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024