Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quick Q on the wage bill 09:49 - Oct 13 with 1761 viewsartsbossbeard

Anyone any idea of the difference in last season to this one? I know that Skuse & Chambers took a hit but with a few new players in through the door, are we operating on almost the same level, if not more?

What are the FFP implications for Pub League 1?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Quick Q on the wage bill on 09:59 - Oct 13 with 1723 viewsDubtractor

Based purely on guess work, I'd say we've cut it a fair bit.

Especially as FIshers keeps saying that last season was our highest wage bill ever.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Quick Q on the wage bill on 10:00 - Oct 13 with 1716 viewsartsbossbeard

Quick Q on the wage bill on 09:59 - Oct 13 by Dubtractor

Based purely on guess work, I'd say we've cut it a fair bit.

Especially as FIshers keeps saying that last season was our highest wage bill ever.

Fair enough, where does your guess work see the saving, out of interest?

Skuse & Chambers yep and not paying loads to Norwood & KVY weekly??

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Quick Q on the wage bill on 10:03 - Oct 13 with 1694 viewsDubtractor

Quick Q on the wage bill on 10:00 - Oct 13 by artsbossbeard

Fair enough, where does your guess work see the saving, out of interest?

Skuse & Chambers yep and not paying loads to Norwood & KVY weekly??

Bart, Jonas, Adeyemi, Gerks, Ward, Harrison plus others out. Widely reported wage cuts on remaining players. Incoming players likely on smaller wages too.

Ignoring loanee wages at end of last season which will have massively inflated our wage bill last year I'd still think we have a lower wage bill than the permanent wage bill last year.

Just to add, whilst we have a big squad now, our squad last season was mahoossive.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2019 10:09]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Quick Q on the wage bill on 10:10 - Oct 13 with 1672 viewsReuser_is_God

I think on their podcasts the EADT boys said it was between 40 & 50%.

Some players had a higher % wage cut but that was the average.

Think our wage bill last year was approx £18m so you’d think the £9m loss has pretty much been covered by the wage cuts.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Quick Q on the wage bill on 10:13 - Oct 13 with 1656 viewsKieran_Knows

Quick Q on the wage bill on 10:03 - Oct 13 by Dubtractor

Bart, Jonas, Adeyemi, Gerks, Ward, Harrison plus others out. Widely reported wage cuts on remaining players. Incoming players likely on smaller wages too.

Ignoring loanee wages at end of last season which will have massively inflated our wage bill last year I'd still think we have a lower wage bill than the permanent wage bill last year.

Just to add, whilst we have a big squad now, our squad last season was mahoossive.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2019 10:09]

Agree with this, I’d be very surprised if the wage bill was more this year than last years.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Quick Q on the wage bill on 10:17 - Oct 13 with 1651 viewsPhilTWTD

Quick Q on the wage bill on 10:13 - Oct 13 by Kieran_Knows

Agree with this, I’d be very surprised if the wage bill was more this year than last years.

I'd be amazed, some of the players were facing cuts of 50 to 60 per cent so will be significantly lower. I'm guessing down to around the £10 million mark overall (including all staff).

Last year's figure isn't available yet but it'll probably be a bit up on the previous year's £18.5-ish million due to the money spent on loanees in the second half of the season. Prior to that, it was probably down a bit given the profile of the players who came in that summer and those that went out.
Quick Q on the wage bill on 10:21 - Oct 13 with 1619 viewsagentp

Would say the stated reduction was before the new recruits. Would say we are £12m.

L1 SCMP varies a little to FFP. Possibly something we could take advantage of in January if we are looking likely to be promoted.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Quick Q on the wage bill on 10:25 - Oct 13 with 1599 viewsReuser_is_God

Quick Q on the wage bill on 10:17 - Oct 13 by PhilTWTD

I'd be amazed, some of the players were facing cuts of 50 to 60 per cent so will be significantly lower. I'm guessing down to around the £10 million mark overall (including all staff).

Last year's figure isn't available yet but it'll probably be a bit up on the previous year's £18.5-ish million due to the money spent on loanees in the second half of the season. Prior to that, it was probably down a bit given the profile of the players who came in that summer and those that went out.

So roughly half what it was last year then?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Quick Q on the wage bill on 10:29 - Oct 13 with 1580 viewsBluefish

Quick Q on the wage bill on 10:25 - Oct 13 by Reuser_is_God

I would say less because the loanees went back as well as the paycuts. Although there will be a big difference in the 2nd half wage bill for last season to the 1st

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Quick Q on the wage bill on 10:34 - Oct 13 with 1558 viewsPhilTWTD

Quick Q on the wage bill on 10:25 - Oct 13 by Reuser_is_God

Broadly, I would guess. Perhaps a little more than half.
Quick Q on the wage bill on 10:34 - Oct 13 with 1559 viewsBryanPlug

Quick Q on the wage bill on 10:29 - Oct 13 by Bluefish

I would say less because the loanees went back as well as the paycuts. Although there will be a big difference in the 2nd half wage bill for last season to the 1st

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Quick Q on the wage bill on 10:37 - Oct 13 with 1545 viewsBluefish

Quick Q on the wage bill on 10:34 - Oct 13 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

There has been an argument for a long time that league 1 is more of a sustainable place for us. Long term it would need much bigger cuts than we have had so far though

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Quick Q on the wage bill on 11:00 - Oct 13 with 1482 viewsartsbossbeard

Cheers all.

Quick Q on the wage bill on 15:53 - Oct 13 with 1312 viewsfactual_blue

Quick Q on the wage bill on 10:17 - Oct 13 by PhilTWTD

Gav had a 70% pay cut.

Def info.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024