Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... 17:38 - Oct 13 with 5338 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Observed that..... a whole generation (25 to 40) have left and the only contact they have with their children is on a phone at bedtime.
.....train after train of cheap goods flowing from east to west.
so their eyes have been opened to the extent which the EU exists to facilitate globalist benefits for corporatists and she is no longer a remainer.

Furthermore they observed that the remaining Romanians live in a seasonal and sustainable low environmental impact manner all of which the agenda followed by the EU seeks to destroy through promoting consumerism.

None of this means any of us back a Tory Brexit but can you so called progressive lefties please stop kidding yourselves.....The Emperor has no clothes !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 17:42 - Oct 13 with 3255 viewsDubtractor

Surely though all you've illustrated is why the EU might not be a good thing for a less "developed" nation where it will plough consumerism into it?

That doesn't tell me why the EU is bad for the UK, a country so utterly embedded into consumerism already?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 17:44 - Oct 13 with 3238 viewsDarth_Koont

He picked that up on driving to and through Romania? How?

But even if it isn't BS it's good that people are buying Romanian goods and their workers are finding work too.

Pronouns: He/Him

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 17:45 - Oct 13 with 3237 viewspennblue

Did your friend read this article too:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10123884/1million-kids-in-romania-child-benefit/

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 17:52 - Oct 13 with 3199 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 17:42 - Oct 13 by Dubtractor

Surely though all you've illustrated is why the EU might not be a good thing for a less "developed" nation where it will plough consumerism into it?

That doesn't tell me why the EU is bad for the UK, a country so utterly embedded into consumerism already?

I was trying to be more 'Internationalist'.
....also it would appear we could learn a lot from Romania!

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 17:52 - Oct 13 with 3194 viewsStokieBlue

Conversely you could say that being a member of the EU has allowed them to find better work and support their families to ensure a better standard of life for their children. Whether that offsets them not being there is highly debatable (it doesn't in my opinion) but I am not sure it's a particularly valid anti-EU point.

On a semi-related subject I did hear a podcast interview with Bruce Hood today and think you might enjoy his book:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/aug/17/possessed-by-bruce-hood-review

Some of the animal experiments sounded very interesting as did the experiments with toddlers and possession.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 17:54 - Oct 13 with 3183 viewsHerbivore

Cool story, bro. I went to Romania last year and didn't pick up on any of what your 'friend' managed to pick up on.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 17:56 - Oct 13 with 3163 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 17:44 - Oct 13 by Darth_Koont

He picked that up on driving to and through Romania? How?

But even if it isn't BS it's good that people are buying Romanian goods and their workers are finding work too.

By living with and among Romanians and then travelling back on a bus with a bus full of cheap returning labourers.
......ok so you are a corporate globalist....what is the EU doing to encourage worker ownership and cooperatives etc....

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 18:00 - Oct 13 with 3136 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 17:45 - Oct 13 by pennblue

Did your friend read this article too:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10123884/1million-kids-in-romania-child-benefit/

Seems fair enough tbh if they can't afford to bring the kids with them......wealth redistribution I can live with under the circumstances!

Login to get fewer ads

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 18:02 - Oct 13 with 3121 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 17:54 - Oct 13 by Herbivore

Cool story, bro. I went to Romania last year and didn't pick up on any of what your 'friend' managed to pick up on.

Maybe you had your blinkers on!

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 18:32 - Oct 13 with 3020 viewsHerbivore

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 18:02 - Oct 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

Maybe you had your blinkers on!

What blinkers? I was there on holiday. Every person working in the places I went into was between 25 and 40, as were most of the other customers in the establishments I was in.

I think you misunderstand what the EU is for. National governments could still promote cooperatives and greater worker ownership, the EU isn't stopping that. If you think it should be actively promoting it then your argument is that it doesn't intervene enough in national affairs which makes you pretty unique as a Brexiteer.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 18:34 - Oct 13 with 3012 viewslinhdi

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 17:54 - Oct 13 by Herbivore

It's a tried-and-tested formula. Poor country joins EU. People leave to take advantage of higher wages abroad, send some money home, save a lot and eventually return to build and buy property and start a business. Meanwhile, EU supports the economy with regional / development aid, improving infrastructure and supporting businesses. Over the medium term, the economy grows and returnees contribute to its ongoing development.

Before Romania / Poland, there were Portugal and Spain. Before that, there was Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2019 18:35]
The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 18:45 - Oct 13 with 2967 viewspbishop1799

The EU is predatory. The 2004 'accession states' were simply MARKETS to be exploited.

Self-sufficiency has been erased in those countries. Foreign companies dominate nearly all the major industries -- particularly in food and agriculture.

It is not a good, noble organisation.

The 2014 coup in the Ukraine was also part of the expansion.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2019 18:50]
The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 18:49 - Oct 13 with 2932 viewsStokieBlue

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 18:45 - Oct 13 by pbishop1799

The EU is predatory. The 2004 'accession states' were simply MARKETS to be exploited.

Self-sufficiency has been erased in those countries. Foreign companies dominate nearly all the major industries -- particularly in food and agriculture.

Any evidence for any of that?

SB

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 18:56 - Oct 13 with 2909 viewsNthQldITFC

I don't know enough about any of this to have a particularly rigid opinion, but while the uppermost concerns of the majority remain economic and population growth, consumerism, and cheap goods, I humbly submit that the world is f**ked.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 19:02 - Oct 13 with 2881 viewsjeera

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 18:45 - Oct 13 by pbishop1799

That doesn't even make sense.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 19:06 - Oct 13 with 2872 viewsDyland

The coup by a non EU nation?

Good one.

Sure you have some vague guffy point but you should probably be on INfowars or the ilk.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

can't even understand what you're saying Slavers on 19:10 - Oct 13 with 2866 viewsDyland

Buzzword bulsh1t.

Corporate bingo is still corporate bingo even if it's not at work.

Stop talking sh1t ffs.

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 19:15 - Oct 13 with 2853 viewspbishop1799

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 19:02 - Oct 13 by jeera

That doesn't even make sense.

My experience having lived in Hungary is that that the country no longer 'feeds itself', as it previously did do. And much of the good agricultural land is in foreign hands.

Auchan, Tesco, Interspar, Bayer (it goes on); they all poured in and seized control.

The country's banks are mainly German, Swiss or Austrian, too.

For a time, the Ukraine aligned more with Russia, and refused to become a dumping ground for Western goods. Their democratically elected leader was ousted under extremely suspicious circumstances. He had refused to sign a deal with the EU.
The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 19:17 - Oct 13 with 2833 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 18:34 - Oct 13 by linhdi

It's a tried-and-tested formula. Poor country joins EU. People leave to take advantage of higher wages abroad, send some money home, save a lot and eventually return to build and buy property and start a business. Meanwhile, EU supports the economy with regional / development aid, improving infrastructure and supporting businesses. Over the medium term, the economy grows and returnees contribute to its ongoing development.

Before Romania / Poland, there were Portugal and Spain. Before that, there was Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2019 18:35]

There you have it ....pro corporate global capitalist supporting institution reducing national self sufficiency while encouraging rampant environmentally destructive consumerism and parents not having the time to raise their children.
It's the progressive left being fanboys that bewildered me.

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 19:22 - Oct 13 with 2812 viewsgiant_stow

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 19:17 - Oct 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

There you have it ....pro corporate global capitalist supporting institution reducing national self sufficiency while encouraging rampant environmentally destructive consumerism and parents not having the time to raise their children.
It's the progressive left being fanboys that bewildered me.

I'm startled by any lefty supporting a brexit which will kill jobs and finish off many communities up north, so bafflement all round I spose.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 19:23 - Oct 13 with 2810 viewsStokieBlue

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 19:15 - Oct 13 by pbishop1799

My experience having lived in Hungary is that that the country no longer 'feeds itself', as it previously did do. And much of the good agricultural land is in foreign hands.

Auchan, Tesco, Interspar, Bayer (it goes on); they all poured in and seized control.

For a time, the Ukraine aligned more with Russia, and refused to become a dumping ground for Western goods. Their democratically elected leader was ousted under extremely suspicious circumstances. He had refused to sign a deal with the EU.

Not the impression I got from two weeks there earlier this year. Hungary seemed extremely self-sufficient to me with regards to food and especially wine (which was excellent).

Having large brands enter the country doesn't mean it doesn't supply the food to those stores.

You need to provide evidence for things - you didn't when I asked last time - it would be nice if you did this time. Just spouting stuff isn't helpful.

SB

This is a better point, but is it fair on 19:30 - Oct 13 with 2777 viewsDyland

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 19:15 - Oct 13 by pbishop1799

"The country no longer feeds itself"...

As opposed to what country (in the EU)? Are you making a general point about capitalism?

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 19:30 - Oct 13 with 2775 viewspbishop1799

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 19:23 - Oct 13 by StokieBlue

Not the impression I got from two weeks there earlier this year. Hungary seemed extremely self-sufficient to me with regards to food and especially wine (which was excellent).

Having large brands enter the country doesn't mean it doesn't supply the food to those stores.

You need to provide evidence for things - you didn't when I asked last time - it would be nice if you did this time. Just spouting stuff isn't helpful.

SB

Helpful to what? This isn't a courtroom...

I'm sorry for not having the government figures. These are just my opinions, based upon my experiences and readings.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2019 19:31]
The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 19:32 - Oct 13 with 2757 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 19:22 - Oct 13 by giant_stow

I'm startled by any lefty supporting a brexit which will kill jobs and finish off many communities up north, so bafflement all round I spose.

How we Brexit is another debate.

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 19:32 - Oct 13 with 2758 viewsDyland

The EU.....Friend just back from driving to and through Romania.... on 19:30 - Oct 13 by pbishop1799

Helpful to what? This isn't a courtroom...

I'm sorry for not having the government figures. These are just my opinions, based upon my experiences and readings.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2019 19:31]

Reading what?

Infowars?

(runs away)

:)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024