Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Bulgarian manager is actually deluded.. 06:20 - Oct 15 with 2211 viewsSwailsey

Bulgaria coach Krasimir Balakov 'didn't hear' racist abuse in England loss https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50050684

‘Bulgaria captain Ivelin Popov had been seen talking to a group of Bulgaria supporters at half-time, prompting England striker Marcus Rashford to praise his "courage".
Balakov says he was unaware Popov spoke to some fans at half-time, adding: "It is probably because the fans were unhappy with the way the team was performing." ‘

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

The Bulgarian manager is actually deluded.. on 07:31 - Oct 15 with 2086 viewssolemio

He clearly needs hearing aids.
The Bulgarian manager is actually deluded.. on 10:15 - Oct 15 with 1940 viewsSwansea_Blue

He'll be looking for a new job soon. Well done Bulgaria

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50054475

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Bulgarian manager is actually deluded.. on 12:30 - Oct 15 with 1848 viewsvilanovablue

According to the latest reports neither did their keeper, words fail me!
The Bulgarian manager is actually deluded.. on 12:39 - Oct 15 with 1820 viewsDeano69

So let me guess, the monkey chants and booing whenever black English player touched the ball was them showing displeasure at the Bulgarian team. The Nazi salutes were fans suggesting they should play further up the pitch?

Really, come on the whole world has seen and heard this.....

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

The Bulgarian manager is actually deluded.. on 12:54 - Oct 15 with 1781 viewsJackSted

He's a puppet. He knew exactly what happened; he was probably acting on orders from people higher to say otherwise

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

The Bulgarian manager is actually deluded.. on 12:58 - Oct 15 with 1766 viewsjeera

The Bulgarian manager is actually deluded.. on 12:54 - Oct 15 by JackSted

He's a puppet. He knew exactly what happened; he was probably acting on orders from people higher to say otherwise

Certainly not his country's PM apparently.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Isn't the head of the Bulgarian FA..... on 13:03 - Oct 15 with 1755 viewsBloots

The Bulgarian manager is actually deluded.. on 12:58 - Oct 15 by jeera

Certainly not his country's PM apparently.

....that keeper from the 90's that used to wear a syrup during matches?

Knew he was a wrongun.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Isn't the head of the Bulgarian FA..... on 13:07 - Oct 15 with 1741 viewsjeera

Isn't the head of the Bulgarian FA..... on 13:03 - Oct 15 by Bloots

Knew he was a wrongun.

I was trying to work out earlier if it's hair dye or if he's wearing a piece.

Either way he looks like a character from Father Ted.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

The Bulgarian manager is actually deluded.. on 13:09 - Oct 15 with 1733 viewsRadlett_blue

The Bulgarian manager is actually deluded.. on 12:39 - Oct 15 by Deano69

So let me guess, the monkey chants and booing whenever black English player touched the ball was them showing displeasure at the Bulgarian team. The Nazi salutes were fans suggesting they should play further up the pitch?

Really, come on the whole world has seen and heard this.....

This line has been parroted for a long time under similar circumstances. The big change is that UEFA at long last seem to have woken up and are prepared to do something about it, rather than pretending that the problem didn't exist.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The Bulgarian manager is actually deluded.. on 13:26 - Oct 15 with 1696 viewsartsbossbeard

The Bulgarian manager is actually deluded.. on 13:09 - Oct 15 by Radlett_blue

This line has been parroted for a long time under similar circumstances. The big change is that UEFA at long last seem to have woken up and are prepared to do something about it, rather than pretending that the problem didn't exist.

I'm glad that UEFA are prepared to do something about it, however, banning the national team from hosting and playing international games of footy won't stop the Bulgarians from being horribly racist still.

Mandatory government led re-education programme and initiatives with the national team involved to promote ventures would be a much better solution than simply hiding it away behind a footy ban.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The Bulgarian manager is actually deluded.. on 13:28 - Oct 15 with 1683 viewsRadlett_blue

The Bulgarian manager is actually deluded.. on 13:26 - Oct 15 by artsbossbeard

I'm glad that UEFA are prepared to do something about it, however, banning the national team from hosting and playing international games of footy won't stop the Bulgarians from being horribly racist still.

Mandatory government led re-education programme and initiatives with the national team involved to promote ventures would be a much better solution than simply hiding it away behind a footy ban.

UEFA can only deal with the football side. Racism generally is a problem well beyond Bulgaria. Monkey chants from the terraces were a big issue in England in the 1970s and 1980s.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The Bulgarian manager is actually deluded.. on 13:33 - Oct 15 with 1663 viewsartsbossbeard

The Bulgarian manager is actually deluded.. on 13:28 - Oct 15 by Radlett_blue

UEFA can only deal with the football side. Racism generally is a problem well beyond Bulgaria. Monkey chants from the terraces were a big issue in England in the 1970s and 1980s.

Actually, I've probably (most definitely) replied to the wrong reply.

It's the Bulgarian PM asking for the coach to be fired because Bulgarian people are racist that looked rather hypocritical to me.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The Bulgarian manager is actually deluded.. on 13:48 - Oct 15 with 1604 viewsm14_blue

The Bulgarian manager is actually deluded.. on 13:33 - Oct 15 by artsbossbeard

It's the Bulgarian PM asking for the coach to be fired because Bulgarian people are racist that looked rather hypocritical to me.

I think it’s the head of the FA he’s talking about rather than the coach.
The Bulgarian manager is actually deluded.. on 13:53 - Oct 15 with 1590 viewsRyorry

The Bulgarian manager is actually deluded.. on 13:33 - Oct 15 by artsbossbeard

The national coach of any team is/should be a role model though, particularly important in football which is obviously the most popular & plays such a huge part in so many people's lives.

Saying he didn't hear it is just well-known code for excusing what happened & saying racism doesn't matter - he should be heavily disciplined for this.

Some Bulgarian fans were clearly just deliberately laughing in the face of FIFA/EUFA too - those teeshirts with "No respect" printed on them being held up for the cameras. Further action needed.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Isn't the head of the Bulgarian FA..... on 14:28 - Oct 15 with 1536 viewsPhilTWTD

Isn't the head of the Bulgarian FA..... on 13:03 - Oct 15 by Bloots

Knew he was a wrongun.

Got sent off at Portman Road when we beat them 5-2 in 1996.
The Bulgarian manager is actually deluded.. on 14:33 - Oct 15 with 1520 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Why is this so surprising to some people?

They are Bulgarian officials who know damn well that their fans are racist but the fact of the matter is that the authorities there do nothing to tackle the issue and having the manager or a player speak out won't change anything.

It's depressing that these people feel that they cannot condemn their own fans, say that they heard it and that it is unacceptable, but the fact is that they are playing dumb for a reason, likely to be self-interest which pretty much everyone is guilty of to a degree.

Until countries like this get educated, take a tough stance and take action, then people like the Bulgarian coach are going to prefer saying they didn't hear it to admitting they did and being heavily criticised there (potentially losing their job / place) by doing what we'd consider to be the right / reasonable thing.

They are not dealing with reasonable people, so whilst it's wrong to put your head in the sand, I also understand they are trying not to get drawn into it, something most decent people would do if they thought good would come from it. The fact they won't speaks volumes about what they are up against - assuming they don't share the same absurd view.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024