Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So they can renegotiate the deal.... 08:11 - Oct 15 with 6911 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

.....who woulda thunk it!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 08:17 - Oct 15 with 3072 viewsHerbivore

It's going to be a NI only backstop, which is basically just going back in time by 10 months.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 08:19 - Oct 15 with 3060 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 08:17 - Oct 15 by Herbivore

It's going to be a NI only backstop, which is basically just going back in time by 10 months.

Maybe.....but the EU lied again....it's almost like they aren't perfect!

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 08:20 - Oct 15 with 3055 viewsHerbivore

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 08:19 - Oct 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

What did they lie about? And who said they are perfect?

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 08:21 - Oct 15 with 3048 viewsBlueBadger

'We're agreeing to what we've already agreed to' isn't really 're' negotiating something though, is it?
[Post edited 15 Oct 2019 8:21]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 08:26 - Oct 15 with 3025 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 08:20 - Oct 15 by Herbivore

When did you last criticise them?

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 08:26 - Oct 15 with 3023 viewsHerbivore

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 08:21 - Oct 15 by BlueBadger

'We're agreeing to what we've already agreed to' isn't really 're' negotiating something though, is it?
[Post edited 15 Oct 2019 8:21]

They also haven't ruled out further talks, what they've said is that the fundamental agreement including the backstop won't be significantly changed. What seems to be happening is entirely consistent with that.

I'm still interested to know who has ever claimed that the EU is perfect.

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 08:28 - Oct 15 with 3010 viewsHerbivore

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 08:26 - Oct 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

A couple of posts in and you're responding to my legitimate questions with an unrelated question. That should be a sign that this isn't going well for you.

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 08:28 - Oct 15 with 3007 viewsBluefish

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 08:26 - Oct 15 by Herbivore

They also haven't ruled out further talks, what they've said is that the fundamental agreement including the backstop won't be significantly changed. What seems to be happening is entirely consistent with that.

I'm still interested to know who has ever claimed that the EU is perfect.

I've had time to assess this and I have decided from now on I am going to declare them perfect. They have been a class act throughout, we will miss them.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 08:30 - Oct 15 with 2992 viewsWeWereZombies

Meanwhile, north of the border...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-50036176

But how can this happen without a hard border, which the SNP have always laughed down?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 08:34 - Oct 15 with 2970 viewsBlueBadger

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 08:26 - Oct 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

It's a good job it's wet this morning, it'll make all the straw men out and about feel safer.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 08:37 - Oct 15 with 2969 viewsOldsmoker

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 08:28 - Oct 15 by Bluefish

I've had time to assess this and I have decided from now on I am going to declare them perfect. They have been a class act throughout, we will miss them.

The fear that we would be locked into the EU forever and be ruled by them seems like a better future than being ruled by the sh*tshower that is the UK government.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 08:47 - Oct 15 with 2946 viewsGuthrum

They only ever said the Withdrawal Agreement was non-negotiable if the UK maintained its "red lines" on Northern Ireland leaving the Single Market and Customs Union at the same time as the rest of the UK. In other words, they wouldn't simply discard the backstop while keeping everything else the same.

It now appears that the UK Government has changed its position (being now willing to separate NI from the rest of the UK, at least temporarily), thus providing a fresh basis for talks.

Seems entirely logical to me.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:02 - Oct 15 with 2879 viewshampstead_blue

my jaw dropped...... ;-)

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:04 - Oct 15 with 2876 viewsStokieBlue

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:02 - Oct 15 by hampstead_blue

my jaw dropped...... ;-)

What is your issue with the EU?

Given your previous posts I would have thought you'd be all for a large and tariff free trading block in order to allow capitalism to run rampant without borders.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:10 - Oct 15 with 2846 viewsblueislander

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 08:47 - Oct 15 by Guthrum

They only ever said the Withdrawal Agreement was non-negotiable if the UK maintained its "red lines" on Northern Ireland leaving the Single Market and Customs Union at the same time as the rest of the UK. In other words, they wouldn't simply discard the backstop while keeping everything else the same.

It now appears that the UK Government has changed its position (being now willing to separate NI from the rest of the UK, at least temporarily), thus providing a fresh basis for talks.

Seems entirely logical to me.

It seems that we are heading for a softer Brexit than the one that Teresa May agreed with the EU, and was rejected by Boris and a considerable number of his cabinet members.
So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:11 - Oct 15 with 2846 viewsBluefish

I've got a better plan anyway. Let's crash with no deal and then Boris can capitalise on the euphoria and call a GE. In the meantime the inevitable happens and we are left with queues at ports, empty shelves and general misery. At the polls the Lib Dems sweep to power with a record majority and swiftly tie us back into the EU without the option to ever leave. The country becomes more prosperous than ever and we all live happily ever after.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:14 - Oct 15 with 2834 viewshampstead_blue

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:11 - Oct 15 by Bluefish

I've got a better plan anyway. Let's crash with no deal and then Boris can capitalise on the euphoria and call a GE. In the meantime the inevitable happens and we are left with queues at ports, empty shelves and general misery. At the polls the Lib Dems sweep to power with a record majority and swiftly tie us back into the EU without the option to ever leave. The country becomes more prosperous than ever and we all live happily ever after.

I love your repeat of the all the propaganda of doom.....

FTR, I'm not saying it will all be rosy but I have always stated that No Deal isn't good, far from it, but the lights will stay on and we won't be swerving past dead bodies and zombies in the street.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:17 - Oct 15 with 2820 viewsfooters

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:04 - Oct 15 by StokieBlue

Given your previous posts I would have thought you'd be all for a large and tariff free trading block in order to allow capitalism to run rampant without borders.

SB

Maybe he wants a more interventionist policy through state aid?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:18 - Oct 15 with 2813 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 08:20 - Oct 15 by Herbivore

Something about May's deal being the only deal.

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:20 - Oct 15 with 2799 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 08:28 - Oct 15 by Herbivore

A couple of posts in and you're responding to my legitimate questions with an unrelated question. That should be a sign that this isn't going well for you.

I have learned quickly from your approach to the Romanian thread yesterday.

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:22 - Oct 15 with 2786 viewsBlueBadger

SB

Foreigners and the wrong coloured passports.

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:22 - Oct 15 with 2781 viewsHerbivore

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:18 - Oct 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

That's not what was said. And what is happening is essentially a shift back to an earlier version of May's deal. Without wanting to sound harsh, I'm not sure you really understand the complexity of what is going on.

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:23 - Oct 15 with 2770 viewsHerbivore

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:20 - Oct 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

I have learned quickly from your approach to the Romanian thread yesterday.

The thread in which I and others schooled you again? Clearly you learnt very little from that thread.

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:23 - Oct 15 with 2770 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

SB

Nicely put Stokie....you have done my work for me. ;)

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:23 - Oct 15 with 2765 viewsBlueBadger

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:18 - Oct 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

The only one possible given the ludicrous 'red lines' laid down.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024