Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone clock Wonder Roy's pre-match moment of genius? 11:40 - Oct 15 with 2078 viewsBigManBlue

Q. "Ross Barkley, what's his best position?"
A. "On the bench".

As if we needed another reminder that he lacks any understanding of the game beyond being a bully and a loudmouth.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Anyone clock Wonder Roy's pre-match moment of genius? on 11:42 - Oct 15 with 2039 viewsBlueBadger

Well said Roy. Some people have NO idea about football.

/about half the TWTD forum circa 2010.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2019 11:42]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anyone clock Wonder Roy's pre-match moment of genius? on 11:48 - Oct 15 with 2003 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He isn't wrong though. Barkley is very average and two goals against Bulgaria don't change that.

When fit I would have Maddison and Mount over him. I would also have Grealish.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Anyone clock Wonder Roy's pre-match moment of genius? on 11:51 - Oct 15 with 1983 viewsBigManBlue

Anyone clock Wonder Roy's pre-match moment of genius? on 11:48 - Oct 15 by TRUE_BLUE123

He isn't wrong though. Barkley is very average and two goals against Bulgaria don't change that.

When fit I would have Maddison and Mount over him. I would also have Grealish.

Don't disagree that those two would be above him, but the dismissive tone in which he rubbished the bloke just reminded me why he's absolutely unable to get the best (or anything at all) out of people as a manager. There's clearly a player in Barkley, but saying "I don't know what role he plays" isn't going to help uncover it.

Anyone clock Wonder Roy's pre-match moment of genius? on 11:52 - Oct 15 with 1979 viewsMrTown

He is right though, Barkley's best position is on the bench.

Played 1 full 90 minute in the league so far. Scored none assisted none.

When was the last time Ross Barkley controlled and dominated a big game.

Scoting 2 against Bulgaria doesn't scream class to me, when he's dominating big games I'll sit up and notice.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Anyone clock Wonder Roy's pre-match moment of genius? on 11:53 - Oct 15 with 1964 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone clock Wonder Roy's pre-match moment of genius? on 11:52 - Oct 15 by MrTown

Scoting 2 against Bulgaria doesn't scream class to me, when he's dominating big games I'll sit up and notice.

So, he's basically Alan Judge for rich people?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Anyone clock Wonder Roy's pre-match moment of genius? on 11:53 - Oct 15 with 1962 viewsMrTown

Anyone clock Wonder Roy's pre-match moment of genius? on 11:51 - Oct 15 by BigManBlue

Don't disagree that those two would be above him, but the dismissive tone in which he rubbished the bloke just reminded me why he's absolutely unable to get the best (or anything at all) out of people as a manager. There's clearly a player in Barkley, but saying "I don't know what role he plays" isn't going to help uncover it.

There is a player in Barkley. But what role does he play in a midfield?

Anyone clock Wonder Roy's pre-match moment of genius? on 11:56 - Oct 15 with 1941 viewsMrTown

Anyone clock Wonder Roy's pre-match moment of genius? on 11:53 - Oct 15 by BlueBadger

So, he's basically Alan Judge for rich people?

Would imagine it falls to your opinion on Alan Judge.

Anyone clock Wonder Roy's pre-match moment of genius? on 11:56 - Oct 15 with 1944 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Anyone clock Wonder Roy's pre-match moment of genius? on 11:51 - Oct 15 by BigManBlue

He plays up to it.

He knows people like his honesty and his cutting reviews, so he makes it his thing.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone clock Wonder Roy's pre-match moment of genius? on 11:59 - Oct 15 with 1921 viewsFtnfwest

Whether he's right or wrong i don't think he's ever had an opinion on anything football related that I've been the slightest bit interested in so i have to say i struggle with him as some sort of pundit. I suppose the fact that he managed the club i support incredibly badly means i should show some interest, but it's difficult.
Anyone clock Wonder Roy's pre-match moment of genius? on 12:00 - Oct 15 with 1916 viewsbaxterbasics

I do enjoy Roy the commentator much more than I do Roy the ITFC manager.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Anyone clock Wonder Roy's pre-match moment of genius? on 12:15 - Oct 15 with 1843 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone clock Wonder Roy's pre-match moment of genius? on 12:00 - Oct 15 by baxterbasics

I do enjoy Roy the commentator much more than I do Roy the ITFC manager.

Isn't this like saying you prefer treading in dog poo to eating it?
[Post edited 15 Oct 2019 12:47]

Anyone clock Wonder Roy's pre-match moment of genius? on 13:24 - Oct 15 with 1689 viewsBigManBlue

Anyone clock Wonder Roy's pre-match moment of genius? on 11:53 - Oct 15 by MrTown

There is a player in Barkley. But what role does he play in a midfield?

Always seen him as an attacking playmaker type midfielder. Not sure he really fits in at Chelsea - as has been said, Mount is without doubt a better option in that position. He probably would have been better off staying at Everton and trying to cement a role as the star man there, was always my feeling.

Anyone clock Wonder Roy's pre-match moment of genius? on 13:30 - Oct 15 with 1674 viewspoppiesman

Switch over any time Keane is on TV not wasting my time listening to the worst manager in our history.
Horrible man and only opens his mouth to talk c""p.
Anyone clock Wonder Roy's pre-match moment of genius? on 15:16 - Oct 15 with 1532 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone clock Wonder Roy's pre-match moment of genius? on 12:15 - Oct 15 by BlueBadger

Isn't this like saying you prefer treading in dog poo to eating it?
[Post edited 15 Oct 2019 12:47]

Speak for yourself.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone clock Wonder Roy's pre-match moment of genius? on 15:18 - Oct 15 with 1529 viewsStokieBlue

Anyone clock Wonder Roy's pre-match moment of genius? on 11:52 - Oct 15 by MrTown

Out of interest, which midfielders do dominate big games nowadays?

It's not like it used to be.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024