Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick’s Ireland. 18:19 - Oct 15 with 6077 viewsMoriarty

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/1015/1083604-pitch-inspection-ahead-of-irel

Looks like the pitch will suit Switzerland’s long ball game.

fka omuircheartaigh

Mick’s Ireland. on 18:52 - Oct 15 with 4257 viewsblueislander

But it won’t suit Ireland’s close passing game, and their wish to play the ball out of defence.
Mick’s Ireland. on 18:59 - Oct 15 with 4233 viewsSwansea_Blue

Probably best to keep this one tight and make sure they don't lose it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mick’s Ireland. on 19:02 - Oct 15 with 4230 viewsblueislander

Mick’s Ireland. on 18:59 - Oct 15 by Swansea_Blue

Yep. It calls for possession football.
Mick’s Ireland. on 20:34 - Oct 15 with 4140 viewsElderGrizzly

Mick’s Ireland. on 18:59 - Oct 15 by Swansea_Blue

Interview before the game.

-matching them up to keep it tight
- don’t want to be 1 down in the first 20 minutes
- pitch will suit our tactics

MM then abandons matching up within 20 minutes when it is clear his players can’t match theirs...
Mick’s Ireland. on 20:39 - Oct 15 with 4123 viewsMoriarty

Mick’s Ireland. on 20:34 - Oct 15 by ElderGrizzly

Interview before the game.

-matching them up to keep it tight
- don’t want to be 1 down in the first 20 minutes
- pitch will suit our tactics

MM then abandons matching up within 20 minutes when it is clear his players can’t match theirs...

I think he would have been aware of that long before tonight. We’re a long way behind Switzerland and Denmark player wise. And yet if we beat the Danes at home, we’ve qualified.

fka omuircheartaigh

Mick’s Ireland. on 21:08 - Oct 15 with 4044 viewsJ2BLUE

Mick’s Ireland. on 20:39 - Oct 15 by Moriarty

I think he would have been aware of that long before tonight. We’re a long way behind Switzerland and Denmark player wise. And yet if we beat the Danes at home, we’ve qualified.

Are ties settled on head to head rather than goal difference then?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mick’s Ireland. on 21:29 - Oct 15 with 3991 viewsMoriarty

Mick’s Ireland. on 21:08 - Oct 15 by J2BLUE

Are ties settled on head to head rather than goal difference then?

Head to head.

Or a celebrity death match between Denmark’s minister for hilarity, Peter Schmeichel and Ireland’s minister for humility, Roy Keane.

fka omuircheartaigh

Mick’s Ireland. on 21:31 - Oct 15 with 3976 viewsJ2BLUE

Mick’s Ireland. on 21:29 - Oct 15 by Moriarty

Head to head.

Or a celebrity death match between Denmark’s minister for hilarity, Peter Schmeichel and Ireland’s minister for humility, Roy Keane.

Just saw the criteria. Must win game. Should be a cracker. I always feel international tournaments are lessened when the Irish and the Dutch aren't there. There's something about the seas of green and orange in the stands which adds to the tournament.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Mick’s Ireland. on 21:56 - Oct 15 with 3891 viewsMoriarty

Mick’s Ireland. on 21:31 - Oct 15 by J2BLUE

Just saw the criteria. Must win game. Should be a cracker. I always feel international tournaments are lessened when the Irish and the Dutch aren't there. There's something about the seas of green and orange in the stands which adds to the tournament.

Nice comment that.

Usually a good rapport between the Irish and Dutch as well. Especially during the Jack Charlton years. We had some world class players then. TWTD.

Diversity and respect on and off the pitch make for good contests and tournaments.

fka omuircheartaigh

Mick’s Ireland. on 22:01 - Oct 15 with 3872 viewsThe_Last_Baron

The Dutch yes.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Mick’s Ireland. on 22:05 - Oct 15 with 3855 viewsMoriarty

Mick’s Ireland. on 22:01 - Oct 15 by The_Last_Baron

The Dutch yes.

Why do you hate Ireland so much?

fka omuircheartaigh

Mick’s Ireland. on 22:07 - Oct 15 with 3847 viewsm14_blue

Agree with the sentiment, and hope Ireland get the result they need.

Not sure the game will be a cracker though, Ireland will be in full containment mode and playing for 0-0. Their fans are great and bring colour and joie de vivre wherever they go but their team is the complete opposite. They’re absolutely desperate, even for a relatively small country, and suck the joy out of football, especially when watching as a neutral.

I’m not blaming Mick for that btw, it long predates him.
Mick’s Ireland. on 22:12 - Oct 15 with 3829 viewsMoriarty

Mick’s Ireland. on 22:07 - Oct 15 by m14_blue

Agree with the sentiment, and hope Ireland get the result they need.

Not sure the game will be a cracker though, Ireland will be in full containment mode and playing for 0-0. Their fans are great and bring colour and joie de vivre wherever they go but their team is the complete opposite. They’re absolutely desperate, even for a relatively small country, and suck the joy out of football, especially when watching as a neutral.

I’m not blaming Mick for that btw, it long predates him.

We have to win. A draw won’t do.

Suck the joy out of football? I content myself with a denial.

Maybe you should just stop watching us?

fka omuircheartaigh

Mick’s Ireland. on 22:19 - Oct 15 with 3806 viewsm14_blue

Mick’s Ireland. on 22:12 - Oct 15 by Moriarty

We have to win. A draw won’t do.

Suck the joy out of football? I content myself with a denial.

Maybe you should just stop watching us?

Ok, apologies, Ireland will set out to contain and hope to score from a set piece and win 1-0.

And I like Ireland, and have tenuous family connections, so would like to continue to watch them, particularly as I have a lot of time for Mick. It is appalling at the moment though, I don’t expect you to care but if you start threads on a forum full of English fans you’re likely to get a neutral’s view rather than a partisan one. The Georgia game was one of the poorest matches I’ve seen for years, and I’m an Ipswich fan.

Good luck against Denmark
Mick’s Ireland. on 22:36 - Oct 15 with 3764 viewsWeWereZombies

Mick’s Ireland. on 22:05 - Oct 15 by Moriarty

Because he lost all his land in the flight of the earls?

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Mick’s Ireland. on 22:55 - Oct 15 with 3733 viewsMoriarty

Mick’s Ireland. on 22:19 - Oct 15 by m14_blue

Ok, apologies, Ireland will set out to contain and hope to score from a set piece and win 1-0.

And I like Ireland, and have tenuous family connections, so would like to continue to watch them, particularly as I have a lot of time for Mick. It is appalling at the moment though, I don’t expect you to care but if you start threads on a forum full of English fans you’re likely to get a neutral’s view rather than a partisan one. The Georgia game was one of the poorest matches I’ve seen for years, and I’m an Ipswich fan.

Good luck against Denmark

Full of English fans? Neutral Views? Ahem.

There are a few on here who aren’t English. Indeed, when I get to visit Portman Road, I meet an Irish family who live locally and others with Irish connections. And indeed locals who have no connection to Ireland. Poor sods.

Many are welcoming.

I think those from areass outside England add a lot to the forum, and people are always as welcome to ignore these topics as to contribute.

Thanks for the good wishes v the Danes.

fka omuircheartaigh

Mick’s Ireland. on 23:04 - Oct 15 with 3711 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Some tweets are funny:

'I don't blame Rice for declaring for England, our style of play is as old as the Dinosaurs'

'Fecking Gibraltar put 2 past Georgia tonight and we couldn't manage 1'

'Good thing we picked up that solid point in Tbilisi'

'Disgrace ! I can pick people from my school that will play better in midfield'

'The pitch was our best player'

'No talent, no passion for the jersey, no balls, no guts'

----------

Has he been hysterical after the game and labelled them as Irish numbskulls yet? It's never his fault, never ... it's always someone or something else never him.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2019 23:05]
Mick’s Ireland. on 23:05 - Oct 15 with 3703 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I don't.

However this current Republic of Ireland team would suck the life out of any tournament.

Denmark are beatable but if it is to go Mick's way it'll be 1-0. They are unable to score and I can't see Denmark not scoring in Dublin.

I think there could well be a Ireland v N Ireland play off coming up next year. I know who I'd put my money on in that one.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Mick’s Ireland. on 01:13 - Oct 16 with 3631 viewsEireannach_gorm

Mick’s Ireland. on 22:36 - Oct 15 by WeWereZombies

Because he lost all his land in the flight of the earls?

Surely you mean the Land Acts of 188, 1887 & 1896 brought on by a disruption campaign by the Land League.
Mick’s Ireland. on 03:52 - Oct 16 with 3586 viewsm14_blue

Mick’s Ireland. on 22:55 - Oct 15 by Moriarty

Full of English fans? Neutral Views? Ahem.

There are a few on here who aren’t English. Indeed, when I get to visit Portman Road, I meet an Irish family who live locally and others with Irish connections. And indeed locals who have no connection to Ireland. Poor sods.

Many are welcoming.

I think those from areass outside England add a lot to the forum, and people are always as welcome to ignore these topics as to contribute.

Thanks for the good wishes v the Danes.

Ok, I should have said an English teams forum. The overwhelming majority on here are English, that’s just obvious.

Of course everyone is welcome at PR, I never suggested otherwise and am a little offended at the suggestion tbh.
Mick’s Ireland. on 05:48 - Oct 16 with 3556 viewsWeWereZombies

Mick’s Ireland. on 01:13 - Oct 16 by Eireannach_gorm

Surely you mean the Land Acts of 188, 1887 & 1896 brought on by a disruption campaign by the Land League.

I was making a play on the poster claiming to be a baron, and the last of line and cohort having done a flit from Galway, fought his way around Europe in the seventeenth century.

Presumably the Land Act of 188 would have been promulgated under Brehon law...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Mick’s Ireland. on 06:57 - Oct 16 with 3498 viewsyesjohn99

I’m sure there were millions upon millions of Irish cheering on England against Bulgaria
Mick’s Ireland. on 08:20 - Oct 16 with 3423 viewsitfcjoe

I've watched the last 2 games and safe to say Ireland massively lack quality in an attacking sense, it really is a struggle for them.

Looks as though Mick has done a decent job so far, I thought they were good enough for a draw last night but didn't get that bit of luck needed around the box, early goal made it difficult.

Switzerland and Denmark are much better than them, if they can sneak through the group it is a job very well done

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mick’s Ireland. on 08:25 - Oct 16 with 3407 viewsBluefish

Mick’s Ireland. on 08:20 - Oct 16 by itfcjoe

I've watched the last 2 games and safe to say Ireland massively lack quality in an attacking sense, it really is a struggle for them.

Looks as though Mick has done a decent job so far, I thought they were good enough for a draw last night but didn't get that bit of luck needed around the box, early goal made it difficult.

Switzerland and Denmark are much better than them, if they can sneak through the group it is a job very well done

Reality isn't important to some on here. They are so desperate to get one back over Mick that they lose all perspective. Our failure under the 2 managers after him and things like seeing Mings do so well is painful for them to cope with because Mick became bigger than football for them.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Mick’s Ireland. on 08:35 - Oct 16 with 3394 viewstextbackup

Mick’s Ireland. on 08:25 - Oct 16 by Bluefish

Reality isn't important to some on here. They are so desperate to get one back over Mick that they lose all perspective. Our failure under the 2 managers after him and things like seeing Mings do so well is painful for them to cope with because Mick became bigger than football for them.

LOL - Mings?

theres some straws need clutching at to big up MM, but id really not suggest Mings is one of them.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024