Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would second place this season constitute a failure? 21:20 - Oct 15 with 5525 viewsAlexGreen

When we were relegated I looked to this season as being a success if we made it back up to the Championship regardless of how we managed it. Now, seeing just how poor the league is and how well we've adapted, I'm kind of thinking that anything other than winning it might be viewed as a failure.

Thoughts? Am I being too greedy?

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Would second place this season constitute a failure? on 14:17 - Oct 16 with 841 viewsOxford_Blue

Would second place this season constitute a failure? on 12:55 - Oct 16 by monty_radio

Don't think that older people who may still remember two Div 3(S) titles would be quite so dismissive. Given the future obstacles ahead re getting promoted from the Championship in these money-is-everything days, it would give younger-teenage fans who never seen us do anything (that's all of them) something worth celebrating.

Meanwhile, I hear Norwich, who as the whole world knows, won the League Cup back in the day when it was just starting up and attracted no big boys, are planning an open-bus parade around Rochdale, whom they beat in the final - 60th anniversary soon.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2019 14:34]

Maybe for the younger fans.

But given the stature of the club, and the trophy cabinet, we aren’t likely to dwell on winning the third division.
Would second place this season constitute a failure? on 16:41 - Oct 16 with 801 viewsBigManBlue

It wouldn't - but winning the League would be a greater success.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Would second place this season constitute a failure? on 17:13 - Oct 16 with 790 viewsITFCson

Would second place this season constitute a failure? on 08:52 - Oct 16 by Westover

I hope you collect, I was going to have €100 at 7/1 to win it and €200 at 5/2 to get promoted but when it looked like Judge was about to go to QPR I chickened out, but as long as we get promoted that's the main thing. 👍

I placed my bet after the Shrewsbury win so only got 11/2. I wasn’t so confident at the start of the season. In to 6/4 now
Would second place this season constitute a failure? on 17:45 - Oct 16 with 779 viewsBrixtonBlue

Would second place this season constitute a failure? on 11:21 - Oct 16 by BlueBadger

We're in the third division for the first time in over 50 years largely due to out own ineptitude and hubris. The season is a failure regardless of where we finish.

I see you trolling, shakin' that ass.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Would second place this season constitute a failure? on 17:53 - Oct 16 with 777 viewshappybeingblue

Would second place this season constitute a failure? on 12:55 - Oct 16 by monty_radio

Don't think that older people who may still remember two Div 3(S) titles would be quite so dismissive. Given the future obstacles ahead re getting promoted from the Championship in these money-is-everything days, it would give younger-teenage fans who never seen us do anything (that's all of them) something worth celebrating.

Meanwhile, I hear Norwich, who as the whole world knows, won the League Cup back in the day when it was just starting up and attracted no big boys, are planning an open-bus parade around Rochdale, whom they beat in the final - 60th anniversary soon.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2019 14:34]

ridiculous expectation as usual no is the obvious answer for those who still remember last season jeez
Would second place this season constitute a failure? on 13:39 - Oct 17 with 723 viewsmonty_radio

Would second place this season constitute a failure? on 17:53 - Oct 16 by happybeingblue

ridiculous expectation as usual no is the obvious answer for those who still remember last season jeez

Not sure what you're responding to here, O.P. or me, or a general suggestion that anything less than champions = failure. O.P. was posing a question, and I was saying that winning it would certainly be something to celebrate, but was nowhere near expecting or demanding it.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Would second place this season constitute a failure? on 13:55 - Oct 17 with 708 viewsOldsmoker

I'd like the Silverware. A small reminder of our holiday in league 1.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024