Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? 06:48 - Oct 16 with 4759 viewsmonytowbray

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/canaryball-rally-tour-diary-the-nest-campaign-1-632

Recreating their one time in Europe as a Gumball challenge.

Next week, a camping trip to Thetford forest to celebrate the 2 month anniversary of beating Man City.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 07:03 - Oct 16 with 4043 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Two of the participants are old school mates of mine.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 07:50 - Oct 16 with 3937 viewsitfcjoe

I heard, probably, this mentioned on Radio 2 last week, it is utterly embarrassing.

They really think getting to the 3rd round of the UEFA cup is a massive deal, we’ve done it twice since then and a dozen times before

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 07:54 - Oct 16 with 3912 viewsBLUEBEAT

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 07:50 - Oct 16 by itfcjoe

I heard, probably, this mentioned on Radio 2 last week, it is utterly embarrassing.

They really think getting to the 3rd round of the UEFA cup is a massive deal, we’ve done it twice since then and a dozen times before

The 3rd round

Poll: W or W

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 08:12 - Oct 16 with 3851 viewsmidastouch

Went to watch Gorleston play their U23 team last night. Gorleston were 3 nil ahead by half time and could of had more. Final score was 3 nil to Gorleston. Norwich looked clueless and never looked like scoring. They fielded a young side but it didn't look any younger than the U23 team we fielded recently that put 6 past Bolton including the wonder goal from Tommy Hughes. Also, Gorleston had lost 1-7 recently at home to Woodbridge! Our U23 team also did well on Monday beating Cardiff 3-1. I thought Norwich were likely to win 5 nil or something like that, given they are Premier League team (at least for now!). Apparently they have an injury crisis (nowhere near as many as we had out last season though) but you would think a Premier League team would have a lot more strength in depth than what I witnessed on show last night.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2019 8:30]

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 08:17 - Oct 16 with 3833 viewsGeoffSentence

Fake news.

They aren't interested in history, only what is happening in the current time.

Must be a false flag operation. Which of you guys did it?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 08:18 - Oct 16 with 3825 viewsGarv

Sounds like a sh*t stag do.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 08:24 - Oct 16 with 3805 viewsLankHenners

I saw the headline for this flash up on Twitter and assumed it had to be from Suffolk Gazette or an equivalent.

Embarrassing. Bunch of absolute ghouls.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 08:26 - Oct 16 with 3801 viewsOwainG1992

It is very embarrassing that is the big claim to history.
That being said the journey sounds quite fun!

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Login to get fewer ads

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 08:35 - Oct 16 with 3755 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Tin pot club but it was raising money for local charities.

They were aiming to raise £1 million with the old foe matching every pound raised up to the first £500k, it makes Evans tiny donation to the Beattie statue look tin pot.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 08:43 - Oct 16 with 3748 viewsfactual_blue

I'm disappointed they forgot to celebrate their 1957 re-election campaign.

It was the fourth in their history.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 09:16 - Oct 16 with 3662 viewsbluejacko

Amazing isn’t it any time the Town achievements are mentioned it’s ‘history’ yet they still harp on about Munich 😂
Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 09:18 - Oct 16 with 3654 viewsgiant_stow

Supporting a football club is serious business - how dare they!?!?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 09:37 - Oct 16 with 3609 viewsBlueRaider

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 08:43 - Oct 16 by factual_blue

I'm disappointed they forgot to celebrate their 1957 re-election campaign.

It was the fourth in their history.

We could do a road trip to Cologne, Aberdeen, Milan, Thessaloniki, Rome, Alkmaar, Barcelona, Prague, Brugge, Beggen, Enschede, Rotterdam, Valletta, Zurich, Helsingborgs, Landskrona, Leipzig, Madrid, Saint Etienne, Smederevo, Oslo, Liberec, Moscow, Las Palmas, Innsbruck and Lodz

Anyone any good at planning a route ? ;o)

Interestingly we never played any teams from Portugal, Romania, Turkey, Hungary, Finland or Bulgaria, and obviously very few former Yugoslav and Soviet countries (the only times we went to any of them was under Burley)

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 09:47 - Oct 16 with 3571 viewshatch

I was next to a load of these cars queuing for the Eurotunnel on Sunday back to the UK and it really
confused me why there were so many Norwich badges on cars. That’s settled my curiosity.
Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 09:51 - Oct 16 with 3553 viewsmidastouch

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 09:37 - Oct 16 by BlueRaider

We could do a road trip to Cologne, Aberdeen, Milan, Thessaloniki, Rome, Alkmaar, Barcelona, Prague, Brugge, Beggen, Enschede, Rotterdam, Valletta, Zurich, Helsingborgs, Landskrona, Leipzig, Madrid, Saint Etienne, Smederevo, Oslo, Liberec, Moscow, Las Palmas, Innsbruck and Lodz

Anyone any good at planning a route ? ;o)

Interestingly we never played any teams from Portugal, Romania, Turkey, Hungary, Finland or Bulgaria, and obviously very few former Yugoslav and Soviet countries (the only times we went to any of them was under Burley)

Ipswich have qualified for Europe this century, whereas Norwich haven't since last century. We've played 6 European ties this century under Burley. Not to mention any of the Bobby Robson wonder years when we were one of Europe's leading lights. Meanwhile Norwich have played 3 European games in their entire history back in the 1993-94 season.

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 10:08 - Oct 16 with 3482 viewsHipsterectomy

Not good for the environment, now I can blame climate change on Norwich fans

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 10:10 - Oct 16 with 3483 viewsitfcjoe

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 09:51 - Oct 16 by midastouch

Ipswich have qualified for Europe this century, whereas Norwich haven't since last century. We've played 6 European ties this century under Burley. Not to mention any of the Bobby Robson wonder years when we were one of Europe's leading lights. Meanwhile Norwich have played 3 European games in their entire history back in the 1993-94 season.

The only thing I would offer them as a crumb of comfort, and to why 93-94 meant so much is the fact they were denied it a couple of times due to the Heysel ban which is pretty unfair.

But when they go on about us talking about history and stars on shirts etc but make such a massive deal of this run it does make me laugh.

I've linked this from the Statman previously but it does make me laugh

https://renegadestatman.wordpress.com/2018/08/30/three-stars-on-the-shirt/

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 10:36 - Oct 16 with 3421 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Take away all the Norwich connotations, and it's actually a decent road trip! They visited some nice cities!

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 11:41 - Oct 16 with 3293 viewsmidastouch

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 10:10 - Oct 16 by itfcjoe

The only thing I would offer them as a crumb of comfort, and to why 93-94 meant so much is the fact they were denied it a couple of times due to the Heysel ban which is pretty unfair.

But when they go on about us talking about history and stars on shirts etc but make such a massive deal of this run it does make me laugh.

I've linked this from the Statman previously but it does make me laugh

https://renegadestatman.wordpress.com/2018/08/30/three-stars-on-the-shirt/

I live in Norfolk and I know the Norwich fans are very proud of beating Bayern. And fair play, that's never an easy place to go. I think they were the only English team to beat them away until Liverpool beat them there recently although I might be wrong on that. I don't see the bother with being proud of past achievements especially if you were alive and kicking to see it happen.
Got no arguments that Norwich haven't had the better of things in more recent times and that's not great for our young fans who haven't had much to shout about. Norwich have usually out performed us (although not always) in the Championship in recent times. But when they go up they don't tend to do very much, aside from obviously beating Manchester City of course. But if they still end up getting relegated this season then it still (in the grand scheme of things) won't count for much. For example, we beat Manchester United at home the season they thumped us 9 nil away and we went down. Nobody tends to remember that now! We also beat them the next time we played them after that too. Going up and taking the odd scalp here and there isn't nearly as good as achieving something concrete such as qualifying for Europe or getting to a Cup final.

Chris Sutton seems to be worried Norwich are heading for the drop, https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/chris-sutton-verdict-on-norwich-start-to-pre even if he was defending Farke (and for once I agree with Sutton here and I never thought I'd say that!) here from a fan who called for him to be sacked: https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich-fans-angrily-reject-radio-claims-1-6
Some are suspicious that it might of been an Ipswich fan who made that call! Anybody going to own up? ;-)

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 11:44 - Oct 16 with 3288 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 11:48 - Oct 16 with 3276 viewsDyland

So embarrassing.

https://www.google.com/search?q=norwich+city+participants&rlz=1C1GCEB_enGB803GB8
[Post edited 16 Oct 2019 11:49]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 11:50 - Oct 16 with 3269 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

What I love about it, is that they always beat us with the same stick 'You live in the past'.

By doing this they have no leg to stand on

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Come off it on 11:51 - Oct 16 with 3263 viewsDyland

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 11:50 - Oct 16 by TRUE_BLUE123

What I love about it, is that they always beat us with the same stick 'You live in the past'.

By doing this they have no leg to stand on

They have a third leg to stand on.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 11:54 - Oct 16 with 3237 viewsmidastouch

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 11:41 - Oct 16 by midastouch

I live in Norfolk and I know the Norwich fans are very proud of beating Bayern. And fair play, that's never an easy place to go. I think they were the only English team to beat them away until Liverpool beat them there recently although I might be wrong on that. I don't see the bother with being proud of past achievements especially if you were alive and kicking to see it happen.
Got no arguments that Norwich haven't had the better of things in more recent times and that's not great for our young fans who haven't had much to shout about. Norwich have usually out performed us (although not always) in the Championship in recent times. But when they go up they don't tend to do very much, aside from obviously beating Manchester City of course. But if they still end up getting relegated this season then it still (in the grand scheme of things) won't count for much. For example, we beat Manchester United at home the season they thumped us 9 nil away and we went down. Nobody tends to remember that now! We also beat them the next time we played them after that too. Going up and taking the odd scalp here and there isn't nearly as good as achieving something concrete such as qualifying for Europe or getting to a Cup final.

Chris Sutton seems to be worried Norwich are heading for the drop, https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/chris-sutton-verdict-on-norwich-start-to-pre even if he was defending Farke (and for once I agree with Sutton here and I never thought I'd say that!) here from a fan who called for him to be sacked: https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich-fans-angrily-reject-radio-claims-1-6
Some are suspicious that it might of been an Ipswich fan who made that call! Anybody going to own up? ;-)

I have to give a shout out to a Norwich fan too. He's really complementary of how we're playing at the moment. Every time I see him he says "Lambert will get you up!" He invited me to watch the Gorleston vs Norwich U23 game last night. He's a granddad of one of the players in my son's football team. I like to have banter with the Norwich fans but I have to say he's very rare in that he will actually be complementary when we're playing well like we have been of late. Football is meant to be fun. People tend to forget that. When you've been starved of fun for what seems like ages winning at any level feels nice and I have very much enjoyed life in League One so far. Hopefully it will be a case of one step back and two forwards.
That same old guy invited me to listen to Terry Butcher do a talk about a year ago at a place called Burgh Hall which is local to here.
Whenever we cross swords in the EA Derby of course he's rooting for Norwich to turn us over but it's nice that he's respectful of what we've achieved and he even acknowledged to me that the football he saw us play under Robson is up there with some of the best he's ever seen in his whole life. So they aren't all rotten carrots, honest to God! :-)
[Post edited 16 Oct 2019 11:59]

Come off it on 12:20 - Oct 16 with 3159 viewsbaxterbasics

Come off it on 11:51 - Oct 16 by Dyland

They have a third leg to stand on.

and webbed feet.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024