Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The special move / party trick / mutant ability thread 12:02 - Oct 16 with 1386 viewsSouperJim

I have the ability to not smell stuff. I don't mean just not sniff it, I mean physically close off my nasal passages so smells don't get in (without holding my nose). I can't really explain it to you, it's a bit like swallowing but I can hold the back of my nose shut. It's an incredibly useful trick when emptying the kitchen bin, changing a baby, picking up dog poo etc. I'm basically a really crap superhero.

Anybody else able to do this, or am I mutant? I'd also be able to hear any other unusual "stuff" TWTDers can do, or any decent party tricks.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

The special move / party trick / mutant ability thread on 12:10 - Oct 16 with 1357 viewsSikamikanico

you are not alone. I can do this as well.

Especially useful for when I have to walk past places such as Lush or enter stores with too high a concentration of Yankee Candles
The special move / party trick / mutant ability thread on 12:15 - Oct 16 with 1346 viewshomer_123

I don't need to breathe, I can literally go hours without breathing....in fact I'm typing this whilst not breathing. I first found out about this ability a few years back when travelling to Burma. It's quite a st

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The special move / party trick / mutant ability thread on 12:44 - Oct 16 with 1305 viewsZedRodgers

I think I can do this too but have never attempted it for more than a few seconds.

I once knew a man who had no sense of smell at all. I was fascinated by it. I didn't believe him initially but eventually conceded that he didn't have anything to gain by lying. He grew weary of me asking whether he could smell various strong scents.

We enjoyed marijuana together and it was quite handy to be able to reassure him that we didn't absolutely stink of it in situations where it would have been socially frowned upon. I didn't share his paranoia of stench and was comfortable lying to him about it for his own benefit.

No, not at the moment

The special move / party trick / mutant ability thread on 12:48 - Oct 16 with 1290 viewsSouperJim

The special move / party trick / mutant ability thread on 12:10 - Oct 16 by Sikamikanico

you are not alone. I can do this as well.

Especially useful for when I have to walk past places such as Lush or enter stores with too high a concentration of Yankee Candles

It also comes in handy in Aldi where 1 in 3 customers have dubious personal hygiene

The special move / party trick / mutant ability thread on 12:51 - Oct 16 with 1280 viewsSouperJim

The special move / party trick / mutant ability thread on 12:44 - Oct 16 by ZedRodgers

I think I can do this too but have never attempted it for more than a few seconds.

I once knew a man who had no sense of smell at all. I was fascinated by it. I didn't believe him initially but eventually conceded that he didn't have anything to gain by lying. He grew weary of me asking whether he could smell various strong scents.

We enjoyed marijuana together and it was quite handy to be able to reassure him that we didn't absolutely stink of it in situations where it would have been socially frowned upon. I didn't share his paranoia of stench and was comfortable lying to him about it for his own benefit.

Doesn't that mean he also has no sense of taste? Olfactory nerve or something.

The special move / party trick / mutant ability thread on 12:51 - Oct 16 with 1278 viewsNthQldITFC

The special move / party trick / mutant ability thread on 12:15 - Oct 16 by homer_123

I don't need to breathe, I can literally go hours without breathing....in fact I'm typing this whilst not breathing. I first found out about this ability a few years back when travelling to Burma. It's quite a st

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

The special move / party trick / mutant ability thread on 12:57 - Oct 16 with 1260 viewsNthQldITFC

That's well handy. I'm going to try to develop this ability, I have a horrible gag reflex when I pick up dog poo, which is developing into a real physical jerk too. People come and ask me if I'm okay sometimes. Be dead handy if I get a dog one day too.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

The special move / party trick / mutant ability thread on 13:45 - Oct 16 with 1197 viewsZedRodgers

The special move / party trick / mutant ability thread on 12:51 - Oct 16 by SouperJim

Doesn't that mean he also has no sense of taste? Olfactory nerve or something.

Maybe but he never mentioned it.

No, not at the moment

Login to get fewer ads

The special move / party trick / mutant ability thread on 13:51 - Oct 16 with 1189 viewswkj

The special move / party trick / mutant ability thread on 13:45 - Oct 16 by ZedRodgers

Maybe but he never mentioned it.

I'm very pleased to see that pickles didn't find your home and conti ually shout "oi zed" through your letter box all night, thus explaining yihr disappearance. How is the chest thatch Zed?, Still glorious?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The special move / party trick / mutant ability thread on 13:58 - Oct 16 with 1176 viewsSikamikanico

The special move / party trick / mutant ability thread on 12:48 - Oct 16 by SouperJim

It also comes in handy in Aldi where 1 in 3 customers have dubious personal hygiene

Very true. Plus the staff in my local Iceland also have this issue
The special move / party trick / mutant ability thread on 14:08 - Oct 16 with 1163 viewsSouperJim

The special move / party trick / mutant ability thread on 13:58 - Oct 16 by Sikamikanico

Very true. Plus the staff in my local Iceland also have this issue

Home Bargains is another one, half the staff are sweaty teenagers and they make them wear a horrible lurid synthetic 90s football kit style effort which isn't breathable. But then maybe it's designed to keep the smell in...
[Post edited 16 Oct 2019 14:11]

The special move / party trick / mutant ability thread on 14:11 - Oct 16 with 1155 viewsgiant_stow

My son can go a whole week without pooing which i think's an amazing special skill. Imagine knowing you could go to a festival without worrying about needing a crap?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The special move / party trick / mutant ability thread on 15:18 - Oct 16 with 1122 viewsSouperJim

The special move / party trick / mutant ability thread on 14:11 - Oct 16 by giant_stow

My son can go a whole week without pooing which i think's an amazing special skill. Imagine knowing you could go to a festival without worrying about needing a crap?

My eldest has a sluggish bowel, but can't go five minutes without talking crap.

The special move / party trick / mutant ability thread on 15:35 - Oct 16 with 1111 viewsZedRodgers

The special move / party trick / mutant ability thread on 13:51 - Oct 16 by wkj

I'm very pleased to see that pickles didn't find your home and conti ually shout "oi zed" through your letter box all night, thus explaining yihr disappearance. How is the chest thatch Zed?, Still glorious?

He did do that.

I ignored him for 7 weeks before I ran out of chest shampoo and had to leave the house. By coincidence, a Labour door-knocker visited within a few days and I was able to jump over my garden fence while he was distracted and knock on my neighbours conservatory requesting freedom of movement.

No, not at the moment

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024