Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions 14:16 - Oct 16 with 4079 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Next time Phil, ask him about the fans, you might get an answer out of him.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 14:22 - Oct 16 with 4040 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 14:34 - Oct 16 with 3938 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 14:22 - Oct 16 by BryanPlug

The best thing was, Phil asked "How is Bishop"

Lambert had his mini rant and then said 'he is getting on fine but don't ask me about how he is doing' he literally answered the question in the rant, so why was the rant needed.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 14:36 - Oct 16 with 3932 viewsclive_baker

Is it just me or is PL always a bit short with Phil? Fair questions IMO, especially the Bishop one. He's a favourite among fans and the initial view was that he could be back in October, so perfectly reasonable to ask how he's getting on.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 14:40 - Oct 16 with 3888 viewsBryanPlug

Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 14:36 - Oct 16 by clive_baker

Is it just me or is PL always a bit short with Phil? Fair questions IMO, especially the Bishop one. He's a favourite among fans and the initial view was that he could be back in October, so perfectly reasonable to ask how he's getting on.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 14:44 - Oct 16 with 3859 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

100%

He is the same with Brenner, so Brenner looks to have reverted back to asking leading questions again.

Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 14:44 - Oct 16 with 3851 viewsmonty_radio

While things go well and Lambert's led us into positivity on and off the pitch we'll continue to hear how great the town fans are and such. He's brought us to a good place. But he is guarded in that traditional manner of the old school, and if things were to take a different turn he'd fall back on that still more. Let's hope the day doesn't come soon, though as the saying goes re politics, all frontline careers end in failure (or, in Town's case in England management, thus postponing that inevitable).

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 14:52 - Oct 16 with 3792 viewsnodge_blue

Phil should get to go first once after bremmer. All the questions have been asked.

But i dare him next week to ask how Bishop is lol.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 15:16 - Oct 16 with 3675 viewshaynes_toe1

Not sure what Lamberts problem is sometimes but there you go.
Login to get fewer ads

Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 15:42 - Oct 16 with 3590 viewsclive_baker

Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 14:44 - Oct 16 by monty_radio

While things go well and Lambert's led us into positivity on and off the pitch we'll continue to hear how great the town fans are and such. He's brought us to a good place. But he is guarded in that traditional manner of the old school, and if things were to take a different turn he'd fall back on that still more. Let's hope the day doesn't come soon, though as the saying goes re politics, all frontline careers end in failure (or, in Town's case in England management, thus postponing that inevitable).

It's probably inevitable that one day things will turn sour, unless he defies the odds and graciously bows out after 10 years, leaving us well established in the Champions League. The shelf life of a football club manager is shorter now than it's ever been because it directly correlates with player power, which is as high as it's ever been. Once the dressing room is 'lost' there's no coming back from it. It amazes me that such long contracts are still dished out knowing the transient nature of football management, and amazes me that owners take so long to do the inevitable (often no doubt due to the aforementioned contracts and cost of dismissals). In ME's defence he pulled the trigger on Hurst pretty sharpish, and rightly so as there was no way he was coming back from that. If PL gets us up and establishes us back safely in the top half of tier 2 before he moves on then I will take that as a decent shift.

Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 15:57 - Oct 16 with 3546 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 14:52 - Oct 16 by nodge_blue

Phil should get to go first once after bremmer. All the questions have been asked.

Phil^^^ You know you want to.

Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 16:03 - Oct 16 with 3521 viewsBLUEBEAT

It’s because he doesn’t like him.

Which is good, as journalists shouldn’t be friends with their news sources.

Signs of irritation show that the best questions are being put forward.

No point in a Brenner Woolley type of journo, you may as well put out a fluffy obvious statement direct from the club. Woolley is pointless.

Poll: W or W

Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 16:05 - Oct 16 with 3510 viewsclive_baker

Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 16:03 - Oct 16 by BLUEBEAT

It’s because he doesn’t like him.

Which is good, as journalists shouldn’t be friends with their news sources.

Signs of irritation show that the best questions are being put forward.

No point in a Brenner Woolley type of journo, you may as well put out a fluffy obvious statement direct from the club. Woolley is pointless.

I often find his questions to be a bit....

Woolly.

Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 16:09 - Oct 16 with 3494 viewsBLUEBEAT

Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 16:05 - Oct 16 by clive_baker

I often find his questions to be a bit....

Woolly.

I don’t know much about him but he does seem to be like a sheep being herded.

Unlike Phil Ham, Magnificent Ram.

Poll: W or W

Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 16:51 - Oct 16 with 3412 viewsstrikalite

Next time Lambert says "he'd just a kid" Phil should respond with "sorry Paul but he isn't a kid, he's a young man with quite a bit of experience behind him now"...

As for Dobra, just tell him if you're good enough you're old enough.....that should go down well..
Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 18:11 - Oct 16 with 3272 viewsZedRodgers

I have a love/hate relationship with Woolley.

Your excellent take is a good example of what really annoys me.

No, not at the moment

Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 18:13 - Oct 16 with 3269 viewsPositivelyPortman

Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 16:51 - Oct 16 by strikalite

Next time Lambert says "he'd just a kid" Phil should respond with "sorry Paul but he isn't a kid, he's a young man with quite a bit of experience behind him now"...

As for Dobra, just tell him if you're good enough you're old enough.....that should go down well..

Not too much experience behind him is there?
He’s rarely fit.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 19:05 - Oct 16 with 3179 viewsstrikalite

Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 18:13 - Oct 16 by PositivelyPortman

Not too much experience behind him is there?
He’s rarely fit.

80 games is a fair few...
Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 13:33 - Oct 17 with 2763 viewsmonty_radio

Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 18:11 - Oct 16 by ZedRodgers

I have a love/hate relationship with Woolley.

Your excellent take is a good example of what really annoys me.

Reasonable commentator; seems genuine bloke; his heartfelt cry of "Oh No!" as we conceded a late equaliser was real enough. But whereas, under Mick, Brenner was always wary of treading on eggshells, now we have Lambo, and while Phil has at least brought eggs into the room, Brenner, as long as the love-in lasts, has crossed them off his shopping-list
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 20:32]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 18:44 - Oct 17 with 2572 viewsKropotkin123

Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 14:52 - Oct 16 by nodge_blue

Lol. Logged in just to give ou a thumbs up. Would be pretty funny.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 18:48 - Oct 17 with 2558 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lambert didnt think much of Phil's questions on 14:34 - Oct 16 by TRUE_BLUE123

The best thing was, Phil asked "How is Bishop"

Lambert had his mini rant and then said 'he is getting on fine but don't ask me about how he is doing' he literally answered the question in the rant, so why was the rant needed.

Because he’s a grumpy Weegie. It’s in his DNA.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024