Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? 10:19 - Oct 17 with 8364 viewstrulyblue

I was trying to get 2 additional tickets, was on the site at 30 seconds past 10 o'clock and it came up as sold out.

Poll: Player of the season so far?

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 11:37 - Oct 17 with 2625 viewstrulyblue

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 11:26 - Oct 17 by agravenor

To be fair, maybe they should make it clearer about having a waiting list. Usually it's only used for returns and I guess it's not a usual situation to get an extra release of tickets. I guess a manager in the ticket office has instructed for the waiting list to be seen to first; there's probably no set protocol for the current situation

On a positive note, good that we are selling out allocations this quickly.

The club specifically state that tickets are not sold via their phone lines and must be purchased in person or on the website so I don't see any argument in their defence as being acceptable.

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 11:42 - Oct 17 with 2610 viewsagravenor

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 11:37 - Oct 17 by trulyblue

The club specifically state that tickets are not sold via their phone lines and must be purchased in person or on the website so I don't see any argument in their defence as being acceptable.

It's acceptable this time... because I got a ticket!!
Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 11:46 - Oct 17 with 2600 viewsKeaneish

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 11:37 - Oct 17 by trulyblue

Are you a Gold Card Member? I assume this gives priority as normal ticket sales do otherwise it devalues the tiered system they've sold. Have to admit, as grateful as i am, i was a little surprised to see the missed calls but as Sitters said, i put myself in the position with an email and followed up a few times to see if there's been any returns so they'd probably flagged me in their database. This coupled that with the fact i've attended a lot of away games this season, maybe!?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 11:55 - Oct 17 with 2576 viewstrulyblue

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 11:30 - Oct 17 by SitfcB

Well the people on the ‘list’ have made an effort to get in that position.

They have every right to be at the front of the queue so to speak.

When I rang up on the day the first lot sold out I was told there wasn’t a list though haha.

How did they deserve to be at the front of the queue? The club specifically request that supporters do not use their phone lines to try and purchase tickets but to visit in person or use the website therefore they should adhere to their own recommendations. Any argument that the club is right in this instance surely can't be justified.

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 12:02 - Oct 17 with 2559 viewstrulyblue

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 11:46 - Oct 17 by Keaneish

Are you a Gold Card Member? I assume this gives priority as normal ticket sales do otherwise it devalues the tiered system they've sold. Have to admit, as grateful as i am, i was a little surprised to see the missed calls but as Sitters said, i put myself in the position with an email and followed up a few times to see if there's been any returns so they'd probably flagged me in their database. This coupled that with the fact i've attended a lot of away games this season, maybe!?

Yes I'm a gold card holder and have been to all bar 1 away game this season, I purchased two tickets in the original sale but was trying for two friends who are season ticket holders who weren't successful.... Regardless of this information the situation where the club are selling tickets to supporters who contact them in a manner that they advertise not to instead of via the proper channels in wrong.

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 12:08 - Oct 17 with 2552 viewsSitfcB

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 11:55 - Oct 17 by trulyblue

How did they deserve to be at the front of the queue? The club specifically request that supporters do not use their phone lines to try and purchase tickets but to visit in person or use the website therefore they should adhere to their own recommendations. Any argument that the club is right in this instance surely can't be justified.

They sold tickets over the phone for the ‘sitting section’ on the original sale date also.

Is what it is really.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 12:27 - Oct 17 with 2524 viewsSitfcB

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 12:02 - Oct 17 by trulyblue

Yes I'm a gold card holder and have been to all bar 1 away game this season, I purchased two tickets in the original sale but was trying for two friends who are season ticket holders who weren't successful.... Regardless of this information the situation where the club are selling tickets to supporters who contact them in a manner that they advertise not to instead of via the proper channels in wrong.

You took half a day off work to try and get tickets on behalf of someone else?

Eh?

COYB

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 12:29 - Oct 17 with 2524 viewstextbackup

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 12:02 - Oct 17 by trulyblue

you've got a ticket, stop crying

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 12:30 - Oct 17 with 2524 viewsHullblue

I got two online at 10 on the dot - didn’t even see a queue screen - didn’t realise how lucky I was until I read this thread! Feel for those who can’t go - it’s a crap way to start a Thursday. But like others have said, it’s awesome that we’ve got so many engaged fans at the moment.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 12:31 - Oct 17 with 2516 viewsReuser_is_God

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 12:29 - Oct 17 by textbackup

How we getting to Southend?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 12:31 - Oct 17 with 2515 viewstrulyblue

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 12:27 - Oct 17 by SitfcB

You took half a day off work to try and get tickets on behalf of someone else?

Eh?

Yeah they couldn't get the time off..... Nice guy ain't I?

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 12:32 - Oct 17 with 2509 viewsPJH

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 12:31 - Oct 17 by Reuser_is_God

How we getting to Southend?

Well first you have to get a ticket....
Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 12:33 - Oct 17 with 2508 viewstrulyblue

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 12:29 - Oct 17 by textbackup

Just don't like the injustice of it for those who tried to purchase in the correct manner.

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 12:46 - Oct 17 with 2486 viewsSitfcB

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 12:31 - Oct 17 by trulyblue

Yeah they couldn't get the time off..... Nice guy ain't I?

Weird guy.

Could you not have gone to work and had five mins away at 10?

COYB

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 13:16 - Oct 17 with 2439 viewsflimflam

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 11:55 - Oct 17 by trulyblue

I would guess the only people on the list who got a call would have been those who purchased gold cards which in effect gives them priority over todays sale to season ticket holders?

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 18:40 - Oct 17 with 2334 viewstrulyblue

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 12:46 - Oct 17 by SitfcB

Weird guy.

Could you not have gone to work and had five mins away at 10?

I'm self employed, it really makes no difference.

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 18:41 - Oct 17 with 2333 viewstrulyblue

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 13:16 - Oct 17 by flimflam

I would guess the only people on the list who got a call would have been those who purchased gold cards which in effect gives them priority over todays sale to season ticket holders?

I know that not to be the case.

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 21:32 - Oct 17 with 2271 viewsKeaneish

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 12:33 - Oct 17 by trulyblue

Just don't like the injustice of it for those who tried to purchase in the correct manner.

It makes good business sense on ITFCs part though. If people have messaged in then there's guaranteed sales there. No point in not following those up first in the hope they call back. It's business 101.

I've been really impressed with the ticket office this season. It's the third time they've helped me out and i'm sure it's the same for a lot of others. Some people will miss out though such is the high demand.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 21:39 - Oct 17 with 2265 viewsPJH

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 21:32 - Oct 17 by Keaneish

It makes good business sense on ITFCs part though. If people have messaged in then there's guaranteed sales there. No point in not following those up first in the hope they call back. It's business 101.

I've been really impressed with the ticket office this season. It's the third time they've helped me out and i'm sure it's the same for a lot of others. Some people will miss out though such is the high demand.

I have been really impressed with the ticket office, or Planet Blue when I have gone there for tickets, for a number of seasons.

Always been helpful to me whenever I have contacted them regarding tickets.

Hopefully they will be helpful for Wimbledon away game and any other games where allocation is less than number of Gold Card holders.
Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 22:43 - Oct 17 with 2233 viewsEly_Blue

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:19 - Oct 17 by artsbossbeard

Same here, I was after 1x additional but failed at 10:01.

I got 2x online, was online and in a queue at 9.55 and had a couple of browsers open, at 10am I refreshed one and it took me straight to the ticket page, the thing I notice last time and what caused me to miss out the first time was I expected the queue to automatically let me in but it would appear that it doesnt

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 23:13 - Oct 17 with 2209 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:38 - Oct 17 by agravenor

When they originally sold out I called the ticket office and asked them to put me on a waiting list for any returned tickets etc.

I got a call at 9am from the ticket office offering me the two tickets before they went on sale at 10am.

Happy days :)

The first rule of the waiting list club....

Never talk about the waiting list club.

Ever.
Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 23:24 - Oct 17 with 2205 viewsIpswich24

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:20 - Oct 17 by trulyblue

How can that be the case?

Yeah got 4 tickets

Poll: Who would you like to be manager out of these?

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 07:13 - Oct 18 with 2134 viewsm14_blue

How many do you reckon we could have sold for this one?

5,000? Probably more?
Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 08:38 - Oct 18 with 2096 viewsbluejacko

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 07:13 - Oct 18 by m14_blue

How many do you reckon we could have sold for this one?

5,000? Probably more?

TBH any amount of tkts they gave us would have been sold no problem.
Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 08:48 - Oct 18 with 2080 viewsagravenor

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 23:13 - Oct 17 by Matt_Netherlands

The first rule of the waiting list club....

Never talk about the waiting list club.

Ever.

Hahaha my apologies!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024