Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Deal done but no details yet 10:45 - Oct 17 with 4065 viewsStokieBlue

Both Boris and Juncker have announced a deal has been agreed.

Obviously means nothing until we see the details though. DUP still not keen from the looks of it.

SB
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 10:48]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Deal done but no details yet on 10:48 - Oct 17 with 3384 viewsGuthrum

Shouldn't Borid have two Rs?

I think it was pretty clear that the EU were going to agree whatever has been put on the table, if Varadkar was happy. That was never the issue. The difficult bit is going to be getting it through at home.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Deal done but no details yet on 10:50 - Oct 17 with 3371 viewsStokieBlue

Deal done but no details yet on 10:48 - Oct 17 by Guthrum

I think it was pretty clear that the EU were going to agree whatever has been put on the table, if Varadkar was happy. That was never the issue. The difficult bit is going to be getting it through at home.

Indeed!

Corrected :).

Of course, the hard part will start now but would be nice to know what they have agreed.

Did you see the plane documentaries in your thread yesterday? The one on Saunders-Roe and Lockheed bribery is good.

SB

Deal done but no details yet on 10:51 - Oct 17 with 3358 viewsGuthrum

Deal done but no details yet on 10:50 - Oct 17 by StokieBlue

Indeed!

Corrected :).

Of course, the hard part will start now but would be nice to know what they have agreed.

Did you see the plane documentaries in your thread yesterday? The one on Saunders-Roe and Lockheed bribery is good.

SB

I haven't, no. Will have a look back for those.

Deal done but no details yet on 11:12 - Oct 17 with 3302 viewsSwansea_Blue

All the details here - they don't hang around.

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/brexit-negotiations/negotiating-documents-articl

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Deal done but no details yet on 11:13 - Oct 17 with 3294 viewsHerbivore

I think the only way this gets through parliament is with a second referendum attached and I can't see the Tory Brexiteers being willing to swallow that which will make getting it through tough even with a second referendum attached. I have no idea what will happen next.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Deal done but no details yet on 11:59 - Oct 17 with 3211 viewsFixed_It

Good news for exchange rates if anyone is looking to shift some currency right now!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Deal done but no details yet on 12:01 - Oct 17 with 3195 viewsRadlett_blue

Can't be a "done deal" until I see Jim White standing in Brussels with a microphone.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Deal done but no details yet on 12:03 - Oct 17 with 3185 viewsHerbivore

Deal done but no details yet on 12:01 - Oct 17 by Radlett_blue

Can't be a "done deal" until I see Jim White standing in Brussels with a microphone.

I like this.

Login to get fewer ads

Deal done but no details yet on 12:06 - Oct 17 with 3179 viewsZedRodgers

Deal done but no details yet on 11:13 - Oct 17 by Herbivore

I think the only way this gets through parliament is with a second referendum attached and I can't see the Tory Brexiteers being willing to swallow that which will make getting it through tough even with a second referendum attached. I have no idea what will happen next.

I would agree that it stands a better chance of passing than it currently does if gov are forced to attach a referendum. However, the prospect of a deal with a referendum could repel ERG-type bods who may then attempt to hold out for no deal.

For every opposition MP that feels they could support Johnson's deal with a referendum, gov may lose numbers on the other side. I would expect them to gain more than they lose though - An assessment No.10 will undoubtedly be able to make. Of course, a referendum being attached to the deal will likely be out of the government's control anyway.

Even if DUP/ERG support this deal (a monumental if at the moment), the numbers are still around 25 short. Difficult to see how they're getting it over the line without further concessions to remain-friendly MPs.

No, not at the moment

Deal done but no details yet on 12:12 - Oct 17 with 3170 viewsflimflam

Deal done but no details yet on 10:48 - Oct 17 by Guthrum

It wont get through parliament is my guess and then BJ can say he has done what was asked of him but is being blocked by parliament. A general election will be called and quite likely a Tory majority or a joint Tory / Brexit Party effort.

If a referendum is attached to this then it 100% will not get through.

The cynic in me feels that BJ is hoping it will not get through so he can then blame everyone else and will run an election campaign of the back of it.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 12:13]

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Deal done but no details yet on 12:14 - Oct 17 with 3155 viewswkj

Deal done but no details yet on 12:12 - Oct 17 by flimflam

It wont get through parliament is my guess and then BJ can say he has done what was asked of him but is being blocked by parliament. A general election will be called and quite likely a Tory majority or a joint Tory / Brexit Party effort.

The cynic in me feels that BJ is hoping it will not get through so he can then blame everyone else and will run an election campaign of the back of it.

I would be surprised if the Tory party would embrace the Brexit party, even by their current set up. Johnson and Farage has been less than symbiotic lately. Mind you, we're in the 13th hour now, so who knows.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Deal done but no details yet on 12:45 - Oct 17 with 3115 viewsHerbivore

It's going to be hard for Johnson to blame anyone else when this is very much his deal, a deal he is describing as a 'great deal'. If there is a GE he will have to run on a platform of getting his deal through parliament if elected.

The rest of it sounds like what you hope will or won't happen and doesn't have much grounding in reality.

Deal done but no details yet on 13:06 - Oct 17 with 3076 viewsGuthrum

But what if both Conservative and Labour lose seats, the LibDems surge on the hard-core Remain vote, the SNP advance again in Scotland and we have another Hung Parliament?

Deal done but no details yet on 13:24 - Oct 17 with 3033 viewsZedRodgers

Putting my neck on the line here but a Tory majority seems unachievable.

Hung parliament written all over it.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 13:25]

No, not at the moment

Deal done but no details yet on 13:26 - Oct 17 with 3026 viewsitfcjoe

Deal done but no details yet on 13:24 - Oct 17 by ZedRodgers

Putting my neck on the line here but a Tory majority seems unachievable.

Hung parliament written all over it.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 13:25]

They are the only party that can get a majority whichever way you look at the electoral maths, but I just can't see how it actually happens

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Deal done but no details yet on 13:27 - Oct 17 with 3017 viewsbaxterbasics

It's now clear there is no deal that Labour will support, their only goal is now to spoil the Boris parade regardless.

If no DUP support, the big question is can they get enough ex-Tory, ERG, and Labour rebel votes to scrape this through.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Deal done but no details yet on 13:28 - Oct 17 with 3013 viewshampstead_blue

DUP on World at One claiming the deal with start divergence of Northern Ireland.

Would be a worry if they are correct.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Deal done but no details yet on 13:29 - Oct 17 with 3005 viewsitfcjoe

Deal done but no details yet on 13:27 - Oct 17 by baxterbasics

It's now clear there is no deal that Labour will support, their only goal is now to spoil the Boris parade regardless.

If no DUP support, the big question is can they get enough ex-Tory, ERG, and Labour rebel votes to scrape this through.

I can't see how personally.

Good that No Deal is no longer an option in reality - because it seems that rather than use 'No Deal' as a way of getting a better deal out of the EU and it being removed was 'chopping them off at the knees', it was more just a way to force the deal through parliament.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Deal done but no details yet on 13:35 - Oct 17 with 2985 viewsSwansea_Blue

Without wanting to blow Labour's trumpet*, it's kind of the job of the opposition to oppose. If BoZo can't get this through the House it's because (a) May reduced their majority through a needless snap election, and (b) BoZo shot it to crap by firing 21 MPs and alienating several others through a combination of hateful, vengeful, illegal and stupid moves. Apart from that, it'll all be Labour's fault .

(*Although I suppose someone has to, as they don't seem capable of doing it themselves).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Deal done but no details yet on 13:59 - Oct 17 with 2949 viewsGuthrum

Deal done but no details yet on 13:28 - Oct 17 by hampstead_blue

DUP on World at One claiming the deal with start divergence of Northern Ireland.

Would be a worry if they are correct.

NI is already separate from the UK in many areas - law, judiciary, policeing, politics. The DUP has not tried to overturn those. They signed up to the 1998 agreements which gave Dublin a say in some aspects of NI policy.

Deal done but no details yet on 14:29 - Oct 17 with 2919 viewsHerbivore

This deal is further from Labour's preferred deal than May's deal was. Why do you think they ought to vote for it?

Deal done but no details yet on 14:29 - Oct 17 with 2913 viewsStokieBlue

Monster power-play from the EU it seems. Juncker has ruled out any Brexit extension as it's not needed now a deal is on the table (probably in cahoots with Boris).

Given that any letter Boris sends will be ignored so MPs are either going to have to go with this new deal or a hard Brexit.

They might have been outmaneuvered.

SB

Deal done but no details yet on 14:30 - Oct 17 with 2910 viewsStokieBlue

Deal done but no details yet on 14:29 - Oct 17 by Herbivore

This deal is further from Labour's preferred deal than May's deal was. Why do you think they ought to vote for it?

Unless my other post is wrong they won't have a choice now will they given Junckers statement.

It's this deal or no deal. No extension.

SB

Deal done but no details yet on 14:30 - Oct 17 with 2909 viewshampstead_blue

Deal done but no details yet on 13:59 - Oct 17 by Guthrum

NI is already separate from the UK in many areas - law, judiciary, policeing, politics. The DUP has not tried to overturn those. They signed up to the 1998 agreements which gave Dublin a say in some aspects of NI policy.

Good point.

Surely this deal should go through!

It was also said that Boris has stopped trying to please everyone, as May did, and thrown the DUP under the bus. R4 journalist not me before you all throw coins.......

Labour et all need to get behind this deal and stop trying to frustrate the referendum result.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Deal done but no details yet on 15:20 - Oct 17 with 2875 viewsHerbivore

Deal done but no details yet on 14:30 - Oct 17 by StokieBlue

Unless my other post is wrong they won't have a choice now will they given Junckers statement.

It's this deal or no deal. No extension.

SB

I don't think an extension is off the table so long as it's for a GE or second referendum, which it'd have to be really.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024