Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit deal is DONE! 11:21 - Oct 17 with 11746 viewsjjblue84

Good to see that there still are patriots in the country who refuse to be beaten by the masses whose interests lie elsewhere!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7582705/DUP-Arlene-Foster-Nigel-Dodds-s
Brexit deal is DONE! on 11:23 - Oct 17 with 3782 viewsartsbossbeard

Daily Mail link - check.
Use of the word "patriot" - check.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Brexit deal is DONE! on 11:24 - Oct 17 with 3768 viewsRyorry

It's not "done" till it's passed by a majority vote at Westminster tho - is just theoretical till then.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Brexit deal is DONE! on 11:27 - Oct 17 with 3755 viewsnoggin

We dont need no deal tho. We are grate brittan and we wun the war.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Brexit deal is DONE! on 11:33 - Oct 17 with 3713 viewsjjblue84

Brexit deal is DONE! on 11:23 - Oct 17 by artsbossbeard

Daily Mail link - check.
Use of the word "patriot" - check.

In denial, check!
Brexit deal is DONE! on 11:34 - Oct 17 with 3708 viewsDarth_Koont

Brexit deal is DONE! on 11:24 - Oct 17 by Ryorry

It's not "done" till it's passed by a majority vote at Westminster tho - is just theoretical till then.

Indeed. I'd be surprised if there's enough support for the deal unless it's backed by a second referendum.

But I think the more pressing and practical issue for Parliament and the government is whether the deal can even be scrutinized, debated and voted on by Oct 31st. I'd expect an extension is still very necessary.

Pronouns: He/Him

Brexit deal is DONE! on 11:37 - Oct 17 with 3675 viewsSikamikanico

Who do you mean by "the masses"? Surely if the majority in this country no longer want Brexit we should reconsider.
Brexit deal is DONE! on 11:38 - Oct 17 with 3673 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brexit deal is DONE! on 11:24 - Oct 17 by Ryorry

Quite. We've been here before.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Brexit deal is DONE! on 11:42 - Oct 17 with 3637 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brexit deal is DONE! on 11:37 - Oct 17 by Sikamikanico

Who do you mean by "the masses"? Surely if the majority in this country no longer want Brexit we should reconsider.

I'm assuming the OP is just trolling. Otherwise it shows a complete lack of understanding about the fact that we've had a 'deal' with the EU for the last 11 months.

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit deal is DONE! on 11:43 - Oct 17 with 3633 viewsjjblue84

The millions of people who hate democracy!
Brexit deal is DONE! on 11:44 - Oct 17 with 3624 viewsartsbossbeard

Brexit deal is DONE! on 11:42 - Oct 17 by Swansea_Blue

I'm assuming the OP is just trolling. Otherwise it shows a complete lack of understanding about the fact that we've had a 'deal' with the EU for the last 11 months.

I don't think it's trolling..

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Still not supported by the DUP on 11:46 - Oct 17 with 3606 viewshomer_123

The DUP has cast doubt on its success, saying they still cannot support it.

The Northern Irish party earlier released a statement saying they could not back proposals "as things stand", and - after the PM's announcement - said their statement "still stands".

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Brexit deal is DONE! on 11:46 - Oct 17 with 3600 viewsitfcjoe

The deal was DONE months ago by Theresa, that's the easy bit

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Still not supported by the DUP on 11:47 - Oct 17 with 3591 viewsartsbossbeard

Still not supported by the DUP on 11:46 - Oct 17 by homer_123

The DUP has cast doubt on its success, saying they still cannot support it.

The Northern Irish party earlier released a statement saying they could not back proposals "as things stand", and - after the PM's announcement - said their statement "still stands".

The scruffy haired buffoon knows parliament will reject it, he’ll then go for no deal by the end of the month, hopefully he’ll lose that too but the sly #### must have something up his sleeve that makes him think he can get it through.

Brexit deal is DONE! on 11:47 - Oct 17 with 3585 viewsitfcjoe

Brexit deal is DONE! on 11:43 - Oct 17 by jjblue84

Why do you hate your country?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Brexit deal is DONE! on 11:48 - Oct 17 with 3580 viewsHalf_Idiot

"Brexit means Brexit!" and all that nonsense.

It doesn't matter if people have changed their minds, we voted for Brexit 3 years ago on the basis of lies and no matter how many facts and truths you tell us will change that. NOW GIVE US BREXIT!
Brexit deal is DONE! on 11:50 - Oct 17 with 3552 viewsSikamikanico

Brexit deal is DONE! on 11:43 - Oct 17 by jjblue84

Aw bless.

You really think democracy means you only need to vote once on everything?
Still not supported by the DUP on 11:55 - Oct 17 with 3512 viewshomer_123

Still not supported by the DUP on 11:47 - Oct 17 by artsbossbeard

The scruffy haired buffoon knows parliament will reject it, he’ll then go for no deal by the end of the month, hopefully he’ll lose that too but the sly #### must have something up his sleeve that makes him think he can get it through.

Even with DUP support - getting this through is going to be difficult.

Brexit deal is DONE! on 11:57 - Oct 17 with 3493 viewsBluefish

Please can you let me know of a benefit of leaving?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Still not supported by the DUP on 11:58 - Oct 17 with 3491 viewsartsbossbeard

Still not supported by the DUP on 11:55 - Oct 17 by homer_123

Exactly.

Have we actually moved things along?

Still not supported by the DUP on 11:58 - Oct 17 with 3482 viewsSwansea_Blue

Still not supported by the DUP on 11:55 - Oct 17 by homer_123

Boris needs to find 28 votes from somewhere (even assuming all Tories and all DUP vote with him, which is unlikely).

There may be a few promises of top jobs, constituency investment, the odd bung here, etc., going on.

Still not supported by the DUP on 12:00 - Oct 17 with 3466 viewshomer_123

Still not supported by the DUP on 11:58 - Oct 17 by artsbossbeard

Exactly.

No details yet but if this deal is the same as yesterdays deal then it's a backwards step from May's deal that Parliament would not accept.

We actually have a bit of a serious issue with Parliament. If they don't vote for this (which I am don't think they will) what will they vote for?

I wonder if it is time we circumvent Parliament. In that they clearly cannot agree the next step.

Still not supported by the DUP on 12:00 - Oct 17 with 3468 viewslowhouseblue

Still not supported by the DUP on 11:58 - Oct 17 by Swansea_Blue

Boris needs to find 28 votes from somewhere (even assuming all Tories and all DUP vote with him, which is unlikely).

There may be a few promises of top jobs, constituency investment, the odd bung here, etc., going on.

"No 10 source says Johnson will ask leaders to rule out a further delay - he’s expected to ask them to make clear it’s ‘the new deal or no deal but no delays’ he will tell EU leaders"

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Still not supported by the DUP on 12:02 - Oct 17 with 3450 viewshomer_123

Still not supported by the DUP on 11:58 - Oct 17 by Swansea_Blue

As I say - given this deal is worse than May's which Parliament said no to - it's tough to see this getting through.

With the threat of leaving without a deal taken off the table - what is the incentive to get behind this or any deal?

Still not supported by the DUP on 12:02 - Oct 17 with 3450 viewsHerbivore

Still not supported by the DUP on 11:58 - Oct 17 by artsbossbeard

Exactly.

Things have moved along. I don't like to give any credit to Johnson but he has found a way to amend the backstop and to give NI a say on continuing alignment with the EU. May could also easily have negotiated something similar but she and many others ruled out having a border in the Irish Sea. It seems now some people have shifted and will accept that, though not the DUP currently. It's arguable whether this is a better deal than what was on the table, I'd say not but it is probably more palatable to the ERG than May's deal was.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Still not supported by the DUP on 12:02 - Oct 17 with 3442 viewsDarth_Koont

Still not supported by the DUP on 12:00 - Oct 17 by lowhouseblue

"No 10 source says Johnson will ask leaders to rule out a further delay - he’s expected to ask them to make clear it’s ‘the new deal or no deal but no delays’ he will tell EU leaders"

I'll take a wild stab and predict that the EU will decide on that themselves.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 12:03]

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024