Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit deal is DONE! 11:21 - Oct 17 with 11747 viewsjjblue84

Good to see that there still are patriots in the country who refuse to be beaten by the masses whose interests lie elsewhere!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7582705/DUP-Arlene-Foster-Nigel-Dodds-s
Brexit deal is DONE! on 13:00 - Oct 17 with 1298 viewsBluefish

Brexit deal is DONE! on 12:17 - Oct 17 by ZedRodgers

"Brexit deal is done" is a terrible take.

jjblue84 - A few months ago you were countenancing no deal based on what May attempted to bring back. This deal appears to be even softer with many more concessions given to the EU. Why are you celebrating?

1 at a time ffs. I have asked forn1 benefit to any sort of brexit, let's get that response first

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Brexit deal is DONE! on 13:18 - Oct 17 with 1253 viewsJ2BLUE

Brexit deal is DONE! on 12:30 - Oct 17 by jjblue84

For the slow to catch on, and the deniers...

The transfer fee is agreed. Now BJ just has to persuade parliament to take a 50% pay cut, drop down a division and move their family from London to Wigan.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Brexit deal is DONE! on 13:20 - Oct 17 with 1245 viewsjjblue84

Brexit deal is DONE! on 11:46 - Oct 17 by itfcjoe

The deal was DONE months ago by Theresa, that's the easy bit

Wrong! Theresa May’s deal had a backstop, which has now been removed. Keep up!
Brexit deal is DONE! on 13:22 - Oct 17 with 1232 viewsitfcjoe

Brexit deal is DONE! on 13:20 - Oct 17 by jjblue84

I am struggling to keep up with such an intellectual heavyweight, please forgive me

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Brexit deal is DONE! on 13:27 - Oct 17 with 1201 viewsGuthrum

Brexit deal is DONE! on 13:20 - Oct 17 by jjblue84

Yes, because the British Government has now agreed it's prepared to separate Northern Ireland from the UK on a semi-permanent basis. Something they formerly refused to do.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Brexit deal is DONE! on 13:28 - Oct 17 with 1193 viewsZedRodgers

Things are going swimmingly.

No, not at the moment

Brexit deal is DONE! on 13:31 - Oct 17 with 1174 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brexit deal is DONE! on 13:28 - Oct 17 by ZedRodgers

Things are going swimmingly.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Brexit deal is DONE! on 13:39 - Oct 17 with 1142 viewsDarth_Koont

Brexit deal is DONE! on 13:31 - Oct 17 by Swansea_Blue

I think we need to upgrade the situation from Omnishambles to Permashambles.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit deal is DONE! on 13:41 - Oct 17 with 1127 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brexit deal is DONE! on 13:39 - Oct 17 by Darth_Koont

I think we need to upgrade the situation from Omnishambles to Permashambles.

You can see why No 10 are making a play on Brexit fatigue with there GetItDone slogans. People are sick of the constant stream of ineptness, the bullsh*t and the ongoing uncertainty it creates. But that doesn't mean we should rush into something that's a negative for us all.

Brexit deal is DONE! on 13:45 - Oct 17 with 1120 viewsDarth_Koont

Brexit deal is DONE! on 13:41 - Oct 17 by Swansea_Blue

You can see why No 10 are making a play on Brexit fatigue with there GetItDone slogans. People are sick of the constant stream of ineptness, the bullsh*t and the ongoing uncertainty it creates. But that doesn't mean we should rush into something that's a negative for us all.

Although the more they try to railroad the country into leaving the more they actually push towards remaining.

Johnson and his merry band have done more to torpedo Brexit than anyone else. I think they should keep going.

Still not supported by the DUP on 13:45 - Oct 17 with 1119 viewsGuthrum

Still not supported by the DUP on 12:08 - Oct 17 by homer_123

There certainly does need to be a resolution. But the fact that we end up with a worse deal than Mays because 'it's dragging on a bit' is touch amusing to say the least.

Can't see this getting through with a ref attached though.

Is this a 'worse deal than May's' (unless you're the DUP)? It's identical apart from the gymnastics concerning backstops and Northern Ireland.

Still not supported by the DUP on 13:48 - Oct 17 with 1110 viewsDarth_Koont

Still not supported by the DUP on 13:45 - Oct 17 by Guthrum

Is this a 'worse deal than May's' (unless you're the DUP)? It's identical apart from the gymnastics concerning backstops and Northern Ireland.

It's probably worse for Scotland and will also be interesting to see if this has any knock-on regulatory effects for the UK as a whole.

I expect it'll still take a bit of unpicking to understand what it means.

Still not supported by the DUP on 13:55 - Oct 17 with 1082 viewsGuthrum

Still not supported by the DUP on 13:48 - Oct 17 by Darth_Koont

It's probably worse for Scotland and will also be interesting to see if this has any knock-on regulatory effects for the UK as a whole.

I expect it'll still take a bit of unpicking to understand what it means.

Only worse for Scotland in that it it does not delay the inevitable leaving of the EU beyond the end of the transition period, rather than for however long thereafter a backstop might be in operation (if it was activated at all). A relatively minor adjustment (if no more palatable than May's deal).

The regulatory stuff will be a dog's dinner and quite possibly leak like a sieve. That may be beneficial in the long term (the UK becoming a nation of smugglers) or it may not.

Still not supported by the DUP on 13:57 - Oct 17 with 1080 viewsSwansea_Blue

Still not supported by the DUP on 13:45 - Oct 17 by Guthrum

I suppose it depends what we mean by 'worse'. There were a couple of attempts to economically model what Johnson's deal would look like versus May's. Both indicated it could be worse for the UK financially. e.g. this one:

I'm not sure whether they'd correctly pre-empted the contents of Johnson's deal, but the guy at the FT who initially circulated the info seems to think it still applies.

Brexit deal is DONE! on 14:00 - Oct 17 with 1064 viewscrunchie1978

Brexit deal is DONE! on 11:42 - Oct 17 by Swansea_Blue

I'm assuming the OP is just trolling. Otherwise it shows a complete lack of understanding about the fact that we've had a 'deal' with the EU for the last 11 months.

Hes also missing the fact that whatever deals comes back labour and the lib dems will vote against it.
Boris could come back with a cure for cancer and they would vote against it.....and vice versa.
"Peace in our time!" on 14:02 - Oct 17 with 1058 viewsDyland

Brexit deal is DONE! on 12:10 - Oct 17 by vilanovablue

New deal that is worse than the old deal. Boris can now wave his deal about and say it's not my fault look over there they won't support my deal.

He now has a tool to blame other people the ultimate in whataboutery...

yeh right

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Still not supported by the DUP on 14:03 - Oct 17 with 1053 viewsDarth_Koont

Still not supported by the DUP on 13:55 - Oct 17 by Guthrum

Only worse for Scotland in that it it does not delay the inevitable leaving of the EU beyond the end of the transition period, rather than for however long thereafter a backstop might be in operation (if it was activated at all). A relatively minor adjustment (if no more palatable than May's deal).

The regulatory stuff will be a dog's dinner and quite possibly leak like a sieve. That may be beneficial in the long term (the UK becoming a nation of smugglers) or it may not.

No, I think it will make supporting Scottish trade and finding much-needed foreign investment more difficult as it'll be potentially easier to set up in Northern Ireland with a foot in both the UK and the EU.

I'd have no qualms about Northern Ireland getting a good deal but it's a kick in the teeth for Scotland as the country most in favour of remaining aligned with Europe on at least customs levels if not within the single market itself.

Brexit deal is DONE! on 14:05 - Oct 17 with 1046 viewsBlueNomad

What I'm trying to get my head around is the fact that I agree with the DUP on something!

I would also ask those who bang on about the fact that there was a vote to do something and people can't change their minds when more facts are revealed. Have they never changed their minds about things in their own lives?
Brexit deal is DONE! on 14:06 - Oct 17 with 1040 viewsDarth_Koont

Brexit deal is DONE! on 14:00 - Oct 17 by crunchie1978

Hes also missing the fact that whatever deals comes back labour and the lib dems will vote against it.
Boris could come back with a cure for cancer and they would vote against it.....and vice versa.

Let's be honest though, Boris is pitching us the cancer rather than the cure.

Brexit deal is DONE! on 14:07 - Oct 17 with 1032 viewsSwansea_Blue

Deal done but no details yet by Swansea_Blue 17 Oct 2019 13:35
Without wanting to blow Labour's trumpet*, it's kind of the job of the opposition to oppose. If BoZo can't get this through the House it's because (a) May reduced their majority through a needless snap election, and (b) BoZo shot it to crap by firing 21 MPs and alienating several others through a combination of hateful, vengeful, illegal and stupid moves. Apart from that, it'll all be Labour's fault [nod].

(*Although I suppose someone has to, as they don't seem capable of doing it themselves).

Brexit deal is DONE! on 14:09 - Oct 17 with 1025 viewsBlueNomad

Could it just be that they are voting against it for perfectly good reasons? Have you really thought about the implications of what might happen? And please don't come back with that "we won, you lost" rubbish.
Brexit deal is DONE! on 14:09 - Oct 17 with 1024 viewsSwansea_Blue

This is the most logical take I've seen on this ongoing clusterf*ck. No doubt this also allows him to play the victim card - 'we would have got Brexit done if it wasn't for those pesky kids', etc.

And with that, I'm out for the rest of the day.

Brexit deal is DONE! on 14:12 - Oct 17 with 1017 viewsNotSure

Brexit deal is DONE! on 14:05 - Oct 17 by BlueNomad

What I'm trying to get my head around is the fact that I agree with the DUP on something!

I would also ask those who bang on about the fact that there was a vote to do something and people can't change their minds when more facts are revealed. Have they never changed their minds about things in their own lives?

But the easy answer to this question is that you must implement the result of the vote first.
Then people can change their minds in the next EU referendum.

Just like in general elections.
Brexit deal is DONE! on 14:15 - Oct 17 with 1003 viewsNotSure

Brexit deal is DONE! on 12:10 - Oct 17 by vilanovablue

New deal that is worse than the old deal. Boris can now wave his deal about and say it's not my fault look over there they won't support my deal.

He now has a tool to blame other people the ultimate in whataboutery...

Exactly ...

Vote goes through: Boris Wins
Vote is blocked: Boris Wins
Vote is blocked in high court on Friday: Boris wins massively.

It's certainly not looking good for Labour.
Brexit deal is DONE! on 14:15 - Oct 17 with 1002 viewsBlueNomad

Brexit deal is DONE! on 14:12 - Oct 17 by NotSure

But the easy answer to this question is that you must implement the result of the vote first.
Then people can change their minds in the next EU referendum.

Just like in general elections.

Wrong! The referendum was not an election and nowhere is there a requirement to implement first as you suggest. There are no rules!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024