Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit deal is DONE! 11:21 - Oct 17 with 11834 viewsjjblue84

Good to see that there still are patriots in the country who refuse to be beaten by the masses whose interests lie elsewhere!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7582705/DUP-Arlene-Foster-Nigel-Dodds-s
Still not supported by the DUP on 15:09 - Oct 17 with 1658 viewsitfcjoe

Still not supported by the DUP on 15:08 - Oct 17 by GeoffSentence

This is the maths according to the Telegraph, it is a premium article so I won't post the link, but I have screen grabbed this image (copyright The Daily Telegraph 2019 blah blah blah)

The 'Spartans' in this case are Tory ERG MPs who never voted for May's deal.

If it gets through due to the Labour leavers things would be ridiculous

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Brexit deal is DONE! on 15:32 - Oct 17 with 1607 viewsSwansea_Blue

A good summary of where we are at. Dunt normally reads the Westminster mood pretty well, I’m his own sweary way.

https://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2019/10/17/saturday-is-the-most-important-day-i

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Still not supported by the DUP on 15:40 - Oct 17 with 1587 viewsZedRodgers

Still not supported by the DUP on 15:08 - Oct 17 by GeoffSentence

This is the maths according to the Telegraph, it is a premium article so I won't post the link, but I have screen grabbed this image (copyright The Daily Telegraph 2019 blah blah blah)

The 'Spartans' in this case are Tory ERG MPs who never voted for May's deal.

They need 51 of those 63 which are 'up for grabs'.

Not happening.

No, not at the moment

Brexit deal is DONE! on 19:40 - Oct 17 with 1515 viewsEireannach_gorm

Brexit deal is DONE! on 11:43 - Oct 17 by jjblue84

The millions of people who hate democracy!

Do you mean the 13,266,996?
Brexit deal is DONE! on 19:50 - Oct 17 with 1498 viewsPinewoodblue

Brexit deal is DONE! on 19:40 - Oct 17 by Eireannach_gorm

If you want facts considers these.

Over 26,000,000 voted in 2017 for parties that made a manifesto commitment to honour the result of the referendum. 580 MPs were elected on that basis.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Still not supported by the DUP on 19:50 - Oct 17 with 1498 viewsGlasgowBlue

Still not supported by the DUP on 15:09 - Oct 17 by itfcjoe

If it gets through due to the Labour leavers things would be ridiculous

These look like the numbers:

286 MPs voted for May’s deal on 29 March
-1 Brecon (Lib Dem gain)
+28 Tory Eurosceptics
+7 additional Lab/Lib Dem
320 = majority of 1

The most likely Lab/Lib Dems to vote for it are Ronnie Campbell, Sarah Champion, Stephen Kinnock, Norman Lamb, Ruth Smeeth, Laura Smith, Gareth Snell, Graham Stringer. Dennis Skinner, Kevin Barron, Caroline flint, Kelvin Hopkins, Ian Austin and John Mann may be persuaded to back the deal.

It's very tight but without the DUP those Labour MP's are going to be the deciders.

edit. FT saying it's very close but still two more needed to get it through.

[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 20:04]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Brexit deal is DONE! on 20:04 - Oct 17 with 1486 viewsjjblue84

Brexit deal is DONE! on 19:40 - Oct 17 by Eireannach_gorm

At least 12 of them have realised their mistake since....
Still not supported by the DUP on 20:13 - Oct 17 with 1474 viewsgordon

Still not supported by the DUP on 19:50 - Oct 17 by GlasgowBlue

-1 Brecon (Lib Dem gain)
+28 Tory Eurosceptics
320 = majority of 1

The most likely Lab/Lib Dems to vote for it are Ronnie Campbell, Sarah Champion, Stephen Kinnock, Norman Lamb, Ruth Smeeth, Laura Smith, Gareth Snell, Graham Stringer. Dennis Skinner, Kevin Barron, Caroline flint, Kelvin Hopkins, Ian Austin and John Mann may be persuaded to back the deal.

It's very tight but without the DUP those Labour MP's are going to be the deciders.

From that list Ian Austin, John Mann, Kevin Barron and Caroline Flint are part of the 286 who voted for May's deal on 29th March.
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit deal is DONE! on 08:13 - Oct 18 with 1385 viewsHerbivore

It's a sign of the collective madness of the country that Johnson's deal has a chance of passing where May's deal never did, despite it being a palpably worse deal.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Brexit deal is DONE! on 08:37 - Oct 18 with 1360 viewsm14_blue

Brexit deal is DONE! on 08:13 - Oct 18 by Herbivore

It's a sign of the collective madness of the country that Johnson's deal has a chance of passing where May's deal never did, despite it being a palpably worse deal.

I think it’s a sign of Brexit fatigue, combined with the fact that there doesn’t appear to be any realistic chance of stopping Brexit or getting rid of the tories, which means realistically it probably is this deal or no deal.

Boris can’t lose, if the vote goes against him it plays perfectly into his narrative ahead of an election, he’s pushing Labour off the fence once and for all.
Brexit deal is DONE! on 08:54 - Oct 18 with 1347 viewsDarth_Koont

Brexit deal is DONE! on 08:37 - Oct 18 by m14_blue

I think it’s a sign of Brexit fatigue, combined with the fact that there doesn’t appear to be any realistic chance of stopping Brexit or getting rid of the tories, which means realistically it probably is this deal or no deal.

Boris can’t lose, if the vote goes against him it plays perfectly into his narrative ahead of an election, he’s pushing Labour off the fence once and for all.

What I still don't understand with Brexit Fatigue is that the people who say they're most tired and saying Get It Done are trying to sign us up to more years of Brexit. More years of trade negotiations, endless Brexit debate and likely a government that will swing from triumphalism to defensiveness and blame on almost all political issues ... It'll be a deepening mess.

We're probably all sick and tired of Brexit but we're not even half-way yet on this mad journey.

Pronouns: He/Him

Brexit deal is DONE! on 08:58 - Oct 18 with 1335 viewsm14_blue

Brexit deal is DONE! on 08:54 - Oct 18 by Darth_Koont

What I still don't understand with Brexit Fatigue is that the people who say they're most tired and saying Get It Done are trying to sign us up to more years of Brexit. More years of trade negotiations, endless Brexit debate and likely a government that will swing from triumphalism to defensiveness and blame on almost all political issues ... It'll be a deepening mess.

We're probably all sick and tired of Brexit but we're not even half-way yet on this mad journey.

Completely agree
Brexit deal is DONE! on 08:59 - Oct 18 with 1330 viewsBluefish

Brexit deal is DONE! on 08:37 - Oct 18 by m14_blue

I don't think being better or worse off is an important consideration for Brexit. It is about being seen to get one over europe. If a proposal was sold that by dropping a nuclear bomb on the uk that it would damage Europe due to the chemical spread some would happily sign up.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Brexit deal is DONE! on 09:00 - Oct 18 with 1326 viewsHerbivore

Absolutely, but the people taking that line still haven't bothered to understand either the EU or Brexit even three and a half years down the line from the referendum. On the leave side the ignorance around where we are actually at in the process is quite staggering to the extent that it can only be a deliberate unwillingness to not engage with reality.

Brexit deal is DONE! on 09:02 - Oct 18 with 1320 viewsitfcjoe

Watching the news yesterday and all the talk was on 'Boris getting an impossible deal done'.

Not any talk of what the deal was, not the fact that getting a deal agreed was the easy part - just that he has 'GOT IT DONE'!

It's real lowest common denominator stuff, and embarrassing

Still not supported by the DUP on 09:03 - Oct 18 with 1314 viewsZedRodgers

Still not supported by the DUP on 19:50 - Oct 17 by GlasgowBlue

-1 Brecon (Lib Dem gain)
+28 Tory Eurosceptics
320 = majority of 1

It's pointless speculating before amendments are tabled.

No, not at the moment

Brexit deal is DONE! on 09:05 - Oct 18 with 1312 viewsgiant_stow

Brexit deal is DONE! on 09:02 - Oct 18 by itfcjoe

Watching the news yesterday and all the talk was on 'Boris getting an impossible deal done'.

Not any talk of what the deal was, not the fact that getting a deal agreed was the easy part - just that he has 'GOT IT DONE'!

On the brighter side, Cameron's refered to Boris as a greased piglet so it's not all bad.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Brexit deal is DONE! on 09:08 - Oct 18 with 1304 viewsm14_blue

Brexit deal is DONE! on 09:05 - Oct 18 by giant_stow

On the brighter side, Cameron's refered to Boris as a greased piglet so it's not all bad.

And we all know what Cameron does to pigs....
Brexit deal is DONE! on 09:10 - Oct 18 with 1295 viewsm14_blue

Brexit deal is DONE! on 08:59 - Oct 18 by Bluefish

I don't think being better or worse off is an important consideration for Brexit. It is about being seen to get one over europe. If a proposal was sold that by dropping a nuclear bomb on the uk that it would damage Europe due to the chemical spread some would happily sign up.

Yep, we didn’t fight 2 world wars to live in a peaceful, safe, prosperous, secure continent with strong workers rights.

Oh
Brexit deal is DONE! on 09:10 - Oct 18 with 1295 viewsgiant_stow

Brexit deal is DONE! on 09:08 - Oct 18 by m14_blue

And we all know what Cameron does to pigs....

Greases them with his own special sauce?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Brexit deal is DONE! on 09:13 - Oct 18 with 1290 viewsHerbivore

Brexit deal is DONE! on 09:02 - Oct 18 by itfcjoe

It's a deal May could have got done over a year ago had she been willing to accept a border in the Irish Sea. This deal isn't some brand new set of ideas and Johnson has had to do a massive climb down to get it.

Brexit deal is DONE! on 09:16 - Oct 18 with 1275 viewsitfcjoe

Brexit deal is DONE! on 09:13 - Oct 18 by Herbivore

It's a deal May could have got done over a year ago had she been willing to accept a border in the Irish Sea. This deal isn't some brand new set of ideas and Johnson has had to do a massive climb down to get it.

If it was May it would be billed as a 'Surrender Deal' with all the concessions made

Brexit deal is DONE! on 09:21 - Oct 18 with 1264 viewsHerbivore

Brexit deal is DONE! on 09:16 - Oct 18 by itfcjoe

If it was May it would be billed as a 'Surrender Deal' with all the concessions made

Yep. The country - well, a large chunk of it - has totally lost its mind.

I'm still quite stunned that Labour aren't going all out for attaching a second referendum to the deal. It would get most of the opposition on side plus a few of those booted out of the Tory party. It has a chance. But they don't really seem that interested, despite it being the most obvious way to bring this phase of Brexit to a conclusion. We now have a deal, let's see if this is the Brexit people want.

Brexit deal is DONE! on 09:28 - Oct 18 with 1256 viewsWeWereZombies

Brexit deal is DONE! on 09:21 - Oct 18 by Herbivore

Yep. The country - well, a large chunk of it - has totally lost its mind.

I'm still quite stunned that Labour aren't going all out for attaching a second referendum to the deal. It would get most of the opposition on side plus a few of those booted out of the Tory party. It has a chance. But they don't really seem that interested, despite it being the most obvious way to bring this phase of Brexit to a conclusion. We now have a deal, let's see if this is the Brexit people want.

I don't think a majority of the people want any type of Brexit now so a second referendum is subsidiary to the requirement for a General Election. Which Labour could win. But they do not want to inherit the mess we have got ourselves into so it is all about damage limitation for them and the hope that in two or three years they might look good.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Still not supported by the DUP on 09:30 - Oct 18 with 1251 viewsGlasgowBlue

Still not supported by the DUP on 09:03 - Oct 18 by ZedRodgers

It's pointless speculating before amendments are tabled.

“ They need 51 of those 63 which are 'up for grabs'.

Not happening”.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024